It’s looking like it’s down to us to save the club

Not sure if he's on here but there's a guy I follow on Twitter called Peter Lohhmon ( apologies for misspelling his name). He's very good with the financial aspect of it all maybe he could shed some light on what if anything can be done??

7 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

I think we should organise a protest. But I’m not the person for it. Called out on it and into hiding? Who do you think I am Che Guevara?

Out of all the people who follow Sheffield Wednesday there are better placed people than me with a greater following, influence and reach to get something going. 

Bless 

8 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

I think we should organise a protest. But I’m not the person for it. Called out on it and into hiding? Who do you think I am Che Guevara?

Out of all the people who follow Sheffield Wednesday there are better placed people than me with a greater following, influence and reach to get something going. 

Who do you have in mind.......

@@owlstalk

11 minutes ago, Asio otus said:

I have already pumped thousands into the club over ,60 years and like many others got naff all to show for it. 

Did you not get a slice of that round cake?

12 minutes ago, goldensmoke said:

This is not giving to Chansiri. It’s to pay the bills. As you know this ain’t about bucket collections is it.

If as a fan base we want to save the club enough then we could. And not give it to Chansiri to spend.

Who would you give the millions to if the fanbase did the unbelievable by raising that sort of cash. Right now it’s his club/business so any money raised would have to handed to him to supposedly pay the bills.

My guess he would take the money and still be ungrateful so what’s the point of emptying our pockets for it to end up in his pockets.!!!!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Not saying anyone in particular. But there’s numerous forums, numerous trusts, numerous supporters clubs, numerous podcasts etc.

Surprised nothing has been started yet.

There’s only one man for this job 

He goes by the name of 

Lovejoy 

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

*cough* come on now *cough*

Honestly mate I’m not. 

My argument just is there’s plenty of people with a decent media presence who like to get involved in the club. These people have better reach to organise these things than one bloke posting on a forum. 

Edited by SallyCinnamon

1 minute ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Honestly mate I’m not. 

My argument just is there’s plenty of people with a decent media presence who like to get involved in the club. These people have better reach to organise these things than one bloke posting on a forum. 

You’re a bloke 

lol

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mike Hunt said:

There’s only one man for this job 

He goes by the name of 

Lovejoy 

I used to LOVE watching Lovejoy

Was nearly as good as Never The Twain 

Never thought Lovejoy would end up being a massive Hollywood actor tho!

Owlstalk Shop

Guest Derby owl
1 hour ago, goldensmoke said:

If what we are led to believe is true about the club’s current plight, then we must make a contingency as fans to stave off the folding of SWFC.

We seem to be sleep walking, apathetically, to oblivion. We can’t attend games, we can’t come together as a crowd to protest or make our feelings known; we somehow don’t seem to have a vibrant collective will to do something, to take any action. It’s almost as though some of us are  so fed up of and beaten by Wednesday and the characters who have played this thing out, that they can’t care anymore. 

When we see on Sky Sports News that Sheffield Wednesday are being wound up, will not start the League One season, imagine how that will feel.

When Hillsborough starts being demolished for a new Supermarket to be built. It would be unbearable.

if there is no income foreseeable to come in to solve the current problems, which it seems to be, the only answer is for us as fans to take the decision to stop the immediate existential threats to our club.

We can’t buy the club. But we can raise money to stave off the threat of extinction. If enough people have the will and the means to create a fund big enough to alleviate the immediate and short term issues that are happening right now, we can stop these real threats that are here at this exact moment. 
If we owe circa £12m in wages etc alone then the assumption would be with other likely problems happening that maybe north of £25-30 Million might be needed in the short term. 
How does anyone raise this  sort of capital?

10,000 supporters who can donate £1500 now is

£15 Million

10000 supporters who will commit £250.00 per month for 6 months, 

£15 Million

10000 supporters who will commit £125.00 per month for 12 months

£15 Million

Another option where supporters can commit whatever they feel they can, however small and however often, to the fighting fund.

£ Who knows how much? £3Million?

Whats in it for those who donate? 
Knowing that you saved Sheffield Wednesday when it needed saving. It’s our club. Maybe only we can save it. 
If we as an organised movement continue to raise funds and continue providing a safeguard against existential threats, eventually funds could be put towards fan engagement and creating a much better fan experience when coming to watch Wednesday. I’m talking about fan parks or fan zones in the vicinity of the ground. Securing Hillsborough Park for a fanzone or securing it for Wednesday fans to have before and after match time. A bit like the tailgate parties at US sporting events. 
If the club won’t engage and give us what we want and need, we should create the match day.

For now though the funds raised would be controlled and organised on the understanding that they specifically stave off threats to our club. The chairman does not spend it, its our donation for the good of the club.

I know we are a working class city, I know people want season ticket refunds, but the club seems to have no money.

When the club has gone would you pay £250.00 a month to bring going to the match at Sheffield Wednesday back? 

I would.

If anyone wants to pick this up and run with it, I’ll be the first to donate.

How about asking the players to chip in, that way there be paying to play for the club.

A very honourable thing to do!

Why the f#ck should I working class person commit to 250£ a month to bail out a multi millionaire 

The OP is clearly delusional

• Like 3