It’s looking like it’s down to us to save the club

Just now, room0035 said:

The problem is all these debt are from last season and before, we have the most important close season in my life time as a fan. We probably need 6-10 players just to be competitive, that's going to be £50-100k a week just in wages with no fees or £5m a season.

We owe players £12m, fans £2-3m, stadium rent £2.5m, even before we look to next season we need £15-20m to pay old debts.

I just don't see DC digging himself out of this one without a new investor. Maybe his daddy can take charge and sort the mess out.

And we have already sold our season tickets and spent the cash from it 

• Like 4

Owlstalk Shop

56 minutes ago, goldensmoke said:

If we starve the club of money we’re gone.

if we don’t pay the bills, we’re gone.

if we can get through the next period we will have fans and will have an income to come. That’s the point.

Until 3 months down the line when there’s no money left again.

”Your money pays for nothing!” 

4 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

I don’t get why people take pleasure in shouting someone down for merely suggesting something we could do to try and save the club.

It’s dying. Any suggestions are welcome. Belittling the poster and taking mick just distracts away from the absolute disaster taking place at the club we all love. 

The opening poster is suggesting the fans put the money in to pay the bills because our billionaire owner won't pay our millionaire players their wages.

just let that sink in and ask yourself why do you think fans are not that interested.out

we all love our club but we won't get near it until DC is gone. And that time is near.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

17 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

IDEA

Let’s test this at the next home game we are allowed to go to

Have people standing with buckets and Chansiri’s face on them rattling them and shaking them at us as we walk in 

Lets see how much it raises 

will be a good indicator 

This is not giving to Chansiri. It’s to pay the bills. As you know this ain’t about bucket collections is it.

If as a fan base we want to save the club enough then we could. And not give it to Chansiri to spend.

I understand the sentiment and where the OP is coming from.

I really can't see Wednesday fans bailing out the club as suggested, as in covering the outstanding debt to the players, or in other words rewarding them for failure, while the likes of Paxo continue to profit from our downfall.

Where I could see some traction in the future is a fan led consortium, money could be raised as suggested by the OP, but would be with a view to take over/save the club when the opportunity or circumstances arises.  

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, whowantstoberich said:

They think it makes them look more intelligent, but it doesn’t, at least he’s in the correct thought process eg how can we help or what can we do>?

So this puts you in the intelligent group by your metric.

What are you going to do about it?

13 minutes ago, goldensmoke said:

That’s not what I’m saying. We’re not giving it to Chansiri.

We are paying the bills that have to be paid that we already owe. The debts that will shut us down. Wages owing, probably HMRC who knows. The existential threats. Specifically those. Not a new contract for Hutch. That’s the difference. Until we are out of the poo. 
Whether we then as an entity start to exert influence is another conversation. 
Tell me how else we can be saved as a club. 

Nah mate 

it’s like filling a bucket which has holes in the bottom of it expecting it to fill up

It will never happen 

and when did the fans become responsible for managing the business side of the club?  That’s exactly why many of us are peed off at Chansiri for royally screwing us 

• Like 1

Guest timrud

The club has been a loss leader for a very long time.

We need to reset the running costs and bring them in line with our income - the bitter pill to swallow is what level of football that our finances allow us to exist at. We have got rid of the big earners - is this the direction DC is heading in?

Just now, timrud said:

The club has been a loss leader for a very long time.

We need to reset the running costs and bring them in line with our income - the bitter pill to swallow is what level of football that our finances allow us to exist at. We have got rid of the big earners - is this the direction DC is heading in?

Potentially mate - could be an orchestrated reset button scenario 

Owlstalk Shop

8 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

Yeah.

What have you done apart from trying to start protests and then go into hiding when you're called out on it?

Be realistic man.

I think we should organise a protest. But I’m not the person for it. Called out on it and into hiding? Who do you think I am Che Guevara?

Out of all the people who follow Sheffield Wednesday there are better placed people than me with a greater following, influence and reach to get something going. 

3 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

I think we should organise a protest. But I’m not the person for it. Called out on it and into hiding? Who do you think I am Che Guevara?

Out of all the people who follow Sheffield Wednesday there are better placed people than me with a greater following, influence and reach to get something going. 

You're not even Tina Turner nevermind bloody Che Guevara.

Get a grip.

• Haha 1

Any way I am in just let me know where to send it . 
I have still got some left after sending a fair bit to my new 25 year old girlfriend in Porto Rico , she is coming over as soon as the pandemic settles down, I have told her that I soil Mesen now and again but she is ok with that 

• Haha 2

Guest timrud
4 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Potentially mate - could be an orchestrated reset button scenario 

That's the only hope I can cling to and a way out.

Yes I know his past actions don't inidcate this is a thought out strategy. But its a LONG time since we splashed the cash, so could be an element of truth to it?

It does not explain the alarming lack of payments