It’s looking like it’s down to us to save the club

Just now, goldensmoke said:

That’s fine but truth is this isn’t about Chansiri anymore. What shall we do? Hate Chansiri so much that we won’t protect the club because of him and simply go bust. The end.

Or have the strength to do what it takes to rescue the club despite him. That’s what this is about. 
We would need to convince people this is an independent trust set up purely in the first instance to avoid extinction. If we can then why not? 
The club has no money. When we are gone would you give money to bring it back? I bet you would. I know I would.

So what if we raise 12 million quid next week and give it to him and he gives Pelupessy a new 50k a week contract and brings Almen Abdi back on the same?

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, goldensmoke said:

That’s fine but truth is this isn’t about Chansiri anymore. What shall we do? Hate Chansiri so much that we won’t protect the club because of him and simply go bust. The end.

Or have the strength to do what it takes to rescue the club despite him. That’s what this is about. 
We would need to convince people this is an independent trust set up purely in the first instance to avoid extinction. If we can then why not? 
The club has no money. When we are gone would you give money to bring it back? I bet you would. I know I would.

So you want to set up a trust to pay £12million pounds due to the players because DC has decide to not pay them.

How does this help the club, it simply put money in players pockets and means a debt DC owes does not need paying.

Presumably you will then need a few million more to repay the fans, then another £2.5m to pay the yearly rent for Hillsborough. Then you need to find a season going forward. 

Just to get the club in at a starting point for the season you are looking at the region of £20m. 

35 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I have watched people stood at the roulette table lose eye watering amounts of cash on a single spin

I know someone who lost his entire family business on a single spin and walked out of the place homeless

At no point did I or would I urge them on, or even worse arrange a whip round to give them MORE money to stick on the roulette table to try and win back their losses

Id gently pop them in a taxi and send them on they way home and tell them to just never gamble again 

That’s a reet load of b0110x....

How can you send him home when he’s homeless? 🤣

21 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

So let’s say fans get together to do that and raise the cash needed

And then Chansiri hands Hutchinson and Dawson a 50k a week contract etc

What then

That’s not what I’m saying. We’re not giving it to Chansiri.

We are paying the bills that have to be paid that we already owe. The debts that will shut us down. Wages owing, probably HMRC who knows. The existential threats. Specifically those. Not a new contract for Hutch. That’s the difference. Until we are out of the poo. 
Whether we then as an entity start to exert influence is another conversation. 
Tell me how else we can be saved as a club. 

1 minute ago, room0035 said:

So you want to set up a trust to pay £12million pounds due to the players because DC has decide to not pay them.

How does this help the club, it simply put money in players pockets and means a debt DC owes does not need paying.

Presumably you will then need a few million more to repay the fans, then another £2.5m to pay the yearly rent for Hillsborough. Then you need to find a season going forward. 

Just to get the club in at a starting point for the season you are looking at the region of £20m. 

Imagine being Chansiri 

You decide not to pay staff and then the fans come up with a massive bag of cash saying ‘don’t worry - we got this one Channers! Let us take care of that for you’ 

lol

If you had someone run up and pay ya bills for you you’d not even make any attempt to pay future ones either surely 

• Like 2

Owlstalk Shop

8 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

IDEA

Let’s test this at the next home game we are allowed to go to

Have people standing with buckets and Chansiri’s face on them rattling them and shaking them at us as we walk in 

Lets see how much it raises 

will be a good indicator 

I would be more worried what you get in the buckets instead of money.😁😁😁😁

Just make sure you have a mask and rubber gloves

2 minutes ago, Pieman said:

That’s a reet load of b0110x....

How can you send him home when he’s homeless? 🤣

Good point

Id not thought it through 

Am sat in a ‘fun’ pub in Skegness listening to ‘walking on sunshine’ at full blast to an empty pub - I wasn’t focussing properly on my posts 🤣

Owlstalk Shop

11 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I think you misunderstood me mate 

when I was saying about buying the club etc basically what I was saying as spot on

In fact if Peter Beagrie was summarising what I was saying he’d be like “aye way aye he’s bang on him like”

Sacked former pundit Peter Beagrie.......

1 minute ago, goldensmoke said:

That’s not what I’m saying. We’re not giving it to Chansiri.

We are paying the bills that have to be paid that we already owe. The debts that will shut us down. Wages owing, probably HMRC who knows. The existential threats. Specifically those. Not a new contract for Hutch. That’s the difference. Until we are out of the poo. 
Whether we then as an entity start to exert influence is another conversation. 
Tell me how else we can be saved as a club. 

This has got to run it's course mate.

The sums of liabilities are tremendous. It's got to crash before the pieces are known and can be reckoned with.

It's not 12 million quid... it's very serious money.

Guest whowantstoberich
48 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Are you talking about buying the club and getting Chansiri out though

Or are you suggesting raising money for him?

He said for the club.

The club and the chairman are 2 very different things !

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Imagine being Chansiri 

You decide not to pay staff and then the fans come up with a massive bag of cash saying ‘don’t worry - we got this one Channers! Let us take care of that for you’ 

lol

If you had someone run up and pay ya bills for you you’d not even make any attempt to pay future ones either surely 

The problem is all these debt are from last season and before, we have the most important close season in my life time as a fan. We probably need 6-10 players just to be competitive, that's going to be £50-100k a week just in wages with no fees or £5m a season.

We owe players £12m, fans £2-3m, stadium rent £2.5m, even before we look to next season we need £15-20m to pay old debts.

I just don't see DC digging himself out of this one without a new investor. Maybe his daddy can take charge and sort the mess out.