It’s looking like it’s down to us to save the club

Like others have said - if that amount of money could be raised then you’d not hand it this chairman to oversee 

Youd sit and wait for him to fail then buy the club as it’s about to be wound up because of him

For a pound

I imagine there are people out there waiting for that exact scenario so they can step in and snap us up for nowt rather than negotiate with the man we have currently 

• Like 4

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

Exactly.

The people laughing at the OP are a joke tbh.

Someone who has taken the time to write out a detailed post, no matter how feasible, and they get ridiculed

Sums a lot of our fans up. Apathetic & careless  

Nobody is laughing - chill out - it’s a debate 

• Thanks 1

Owlstalk Shop

Said it before fans would only put money in if there is a long term value to it. Such as the Norwich fans investing in upgrades to the training ground.  Long term good investment. The problem us fans have is no-one wants to give Chancer another penny of our money to just pay off ridiculous debts. It would have to be through a third party (if possible). It could only happen when he's gone from our club.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TINGLE75 said:

Said it before fans would only put money in if there is a long term value to it. Such as the Norwich fans investing in upgrades to the training ground.  Long term good investment. The problem us fans have is no-one wants to give Chancer another penny of our money to just pay off ridiculous debts. It would have to be through a third party (if possible). It could only happen when he's gone from our club.

If the first part of the idea was that Chansiri was removed from every aspect of our club it might actually take off 

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

17 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I have watched people stood at the roulette table lose eye watering amounts of cash on a single spin

I know someone who lost his entire family business on a single spin and walked out of the place homeless

At no point did I or would I urge them on, or even worse arrange a whip round to give them MORE money to stick on the roulette table to try and win back their losses

Id gently pop them in a taxi and send them on they way home and tell them to just never gamble again 

But they're homeless. 

Where are you sending the taxi to?

lol

32 minutes ago, modboy said:

A - i doubt he would accept a handout from "us customers"

"Eh? What about this handout is different from all the other handouts you've given me over the years?"

:Chansiri:

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, goldensmoke said:

No neither. It’s about putting our money in trust to stave off any existential threat in the short term. We’re not buying the club and we are not giving it to him. We pay what has to be paid. 

So we keep the wolves from the door in the short term but the club continues to be mismanaged with outgoings far outweighing income.

Only a matter of time until we have to do it again.

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

If the first part of the idea was that Chansiri was removed from every aspect of our club it might actually take off 

Yeah we can't trust him/them with anymore of our gard earned money. The guy doesn't live in the same realistic world we live in I'm afraid, he is so out of touch with the fan base iys ridiculous.

The easiest way to explain the lack of support for the chairman, his management of the club and it’s finances and the sheer lack of faith in him as a chairman is simply this:

CLUB1867

He went out to our fanbase cap in hand for their support and buy into the idea and had the door well and truly slammed in his face 

(and a potty poured out of the bedroom window onto his head as the dog ran out and bit his leg until he cleared off the estate)

Owlstalk Shop

9 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Like others have said - if that amount of money could be raised then you’d not hand it this chairman to oversee 

Youd sit and wait for him to fail then buy the club as it’s about to be wound up because of him

For a pound

I imagine there are people out there waiting for that exact scenario so they can step in and snap us up for nowt rather than negotiate with the man we have currently 

To be fair I've been saying that for months when you've been trying to say there will be buyers out there if the owner wants to sell. 

Nobody will buy for a fee he is wanting, anyone serious enough to invest will wait to strike.

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

The easiest way to explain the lack of support for the chairman, his management of the club and it’s finances and the sheer lack of faith in him as a chairman is simply this:

CLUB1867

Not sure about that.

Grandad can't abide the man but he thought club1867 was worth investing in!

:Chansiri:

1 minute ago, hirstyboywonder said:

To be fair I've been saying that for months when you've been trying to say there will be buyers out there if the owner wants to sell. 

Nobody will buy for a fee he is wanting, anyone serious enough to invest will wait to strike.

I think you misunderstood me mate 

when I was saying about buying the club etc basically what I was saying as spot on

In fact if Peter Beagrie was summarising what I was saying he’d be like “aye way aye he’s bang on him like”

Owlstalk Shop

12 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

The thing is that YES there are many wealthy Wednesday fans out there 

There are many notable and famous Owls fans too who could really get this out there and get people up for it 

But I can’t think of a single one of them who doesn’t hate our chairman with a passion or hasn’t already spoken out about the plight of the club and how our fans have been treat over the last few years 

This idea couldn’t succeed because not a single wealthy or notable fan would go anywhere near any idea that leaves this chairman in position 

That’s fine but truth is this isn’t about Chansiri anymore. What shall we do? Hate Chansiri so much that we won’t protect the club because of him and simply go bust. The end.

Or have the strength to do what it takes to rescue the club despite him. That’s what this is about. 
We would need to convince people this is an independent trust set up purely in the first instance to avoid extinction. If we can then why not? 
The club has no money. When we are gone would you give money to bring it back? I bet you would. I know I would.

3 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

He buy a club for £32.5m sells all the assets, the players and gets relegated then asks for £160m only in DC head.

IDEA

Let’s test this at the next home game we are allowed to go to

Have people standing with buckets and Chansiri’s face on them rattling them and shaking them at us as we walk in 

Lets see how much it raises 

will be a good indicator 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Owlstalk Shop