It’s looking like it’s down to us to save the club

Just now, room0035 said:

Or we let the club go into administration or liquidation then step in. We don't then have to pay the footballer anything but also the fans with tickets for any season also lose out. No new owner is going to pay back pay for players.

No one is stepping until DC decide to let the club go. I won't to giving him anymore if my money to waste either.

Sadly although I do appreciate the sentiment of the post, none of us will get a say of what happens. It’s not a case of letting the club go into administration but just hoping there is something left for us to support if/when that happens.

im 40 and supported for as long as I remember and sadly this is the worst for me it has been... and the depressing thing is it’s most likely going to get worse before it gets better.

i have put a lot into the club in season tickets and spent loads of kids shirts etc etc . why should i pay these players who some i could punch due to there lack of effort . administration is the only way to lose the debts even though that will put the club into league 2 . that way chansiri and paxio are gone and those players what sent us down dont get what there owed.  how many of us would take that? league 2 and a clean slate? i would for sure at this time.

• Like 3

I have watched people stood at the roulette table lose eye watering amounts of cash on a single spin

I know someone who lost his entire family business on a single spin and walked out of the place homeless

At no point did I or would I urge them on, or even worse arrange a whip round to give them MORE money to stick on the roulette table to try and win back their losses

Id gently pop them in a taxi and send them on they way home and tell them to just never gamble again 

• Like 3

Owlstalk Shop

He got us into this mess, he needs to get us out of it. He doesn’t deserve the charity of supporters to clean up his mess. He’s burnt his bridges with a lot of the fan base so I can’t see fans dipping more into their pockets (than they already have) because he won’t/won’t.

• Love 2

20 minutes ago, goldensmoke said:

If what we are led to believe is true about the club’s current plight, then we must make a contingency as fans to stave off the folding of SWFC.

We seem to be sleep walking, apathetically, to oblivion. We can’t attend games, we can’t come together as a crowd to protest or make our feelings known; we somehow don’t seem to have a vibrant collective will to do something, to take any action. It’s almost as though some of us are  so fed up of and beaten by Wednesday and the characters who have played this thing out, that they can’t care anymore. 

When we see on Sky Sports News that Sheffield Wednesday are being wound up, will not start the League One season, imagine how that will feel.

When Hillsborough starts being demolished for a new Supermarket to be built. It would be unbearable.

if there is no income foreseeable to come in to solve the current problems, which it seems to be, the only answer is for us as fans to take the decision to stop the immediate existential threats to our club.

We can’t buy the club. But we can raise money to stave off the threat of extinction. If enough people have the will and the means to create a fund big enough to alleviate the immediate and short term issues that are happening right now, we can stop these real threats that are here at this exact moment. 
If we owe circa £12m in wages etc alone then the assumption would be with other likely problems happening that maybe north of £25-30 Million might be needed in the short term. 
How does anyone raise this  sort of capital?

10,000 supporters who can donate £1500 now is

£15 Million

10000 supporters who will commit £250.00 per month for 6 months, 

£15 Million

10000 supporters who will commit £125.00 per month for 12 months

£15 Million

Another option where supporters can commit whatever they feel they can, however small and however often, to the fighting fund.

£ Who knows how much? £3Million?

Whats in it for those who donate? 
Knowing that you saved Sheffield Wednesday when it needed saving. It’s our club. Maybe only we can save it. 
If we as an organised movement continue to raise funds and continue providing a safeguard against existential threats, eventually funds could be put towards fan engagement and creating a much better fan experience when coming to watch Wednesday. I’m talking about fan parks or fan zones in the vicinity of the ground. Securing Hillsborough Park for a fanzone or securing it for Wednesday fans to have before and after match time. A bit like the tailgate parties at US sporting events. 
If the club won’t engage and give us what we want and need, we should create the match day.

For now though the funds raised would be controlled and organised on the understanding that they specifically stave off threats to our club. The chairman does not spend it, its our donation for the good of the club.

I know we are a working class city, I know people want season ticket refunds, but the club seems to have no money.

When the club has gone would you pay £250.00 a month to bring going to the match at Sheffield Wednesday back? 

I would.

If anyone wants to pick this up and run with it, I’ll be the first to donate.

This as got to be a wind up 

3 minutes ago, modboy said:

rather fund Wednesday FC / buy a share issue if we go into admin than just plug DCs financial hole. Lets not forget his family are loaded, he needs to ask the bank of mum and dad or gift the club to the fans.

Lets be right here

Ordinary working class Sheffield Wednesday fans bailing out the multi BILLIONAIRE family who own TUF would be stunning madness 

It would be the maddest thing humanity has ever done

And I am including the recent movie of Dads Army in that 

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, pressy said:

This as got to be a wind up 

If it is it’s absolutely the most genius comedy ever to have been posted on here in all the years this site has been going 

And this is a site that has  Thread Rater, Badge Boy and Big Lisa 

• Haha 1

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Lets be right here

Ordinary working class Sheffield Wednesday fans bailing out the multi BILLIONAIRE family who own TUF would be stunning madness 

It would be the maddest thing humanity has ever done

And I am including the recent movie of Dads Army in that 

Helping a billionaire pay the wages of millionaires.

sure we can’t tempt you?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Sensible Soccer said:

Sadly although I do appreciate the sentiment of the post, none of us will get a say of what happens. It’s not a case of letting the club go into administration but just hoping there is something left for us to support if/when that happens.

im 40 and supported for as long as I remember and sadly this is the worst for me it has been... and the depressing thing is it’s most likely going to get worse before it gets better.

I am 42 and yes it is the worst that has been, But even now a club that was mid table, debt free and owned its own stadium for over 100 years when he bought us, had a core of players that were still in the team for most of DC tenure.

We are now relegated, after spend £100m+ on poor recruitment, homeless, just 12 contracted players and barely any youth players contracted too.

Any money DC get will not go to the fans or the players, it's not nice to see but DC is digging a very big hole for himself it is nearly over and he will be gone. We either start next season from points deduction from administration or none paid players but fans will not be wasting anymore money while DC has anything to do with the club.

If the new owner needs our help we will be there but not DC, the man cannot run a bath let alone a football team.

• Like 8
  • Love 1

26 minutes ago, goldensmoke said:

If what we are led to believe is true about the club’s current plight, then we must make a contingency as fans to stave off the folding of SWFC.

We seem to be sleep walking, apathetically, to oblivion. We can’t attend games, we can’t come together as a crowd to protest or make our feelings known; we somehow don’t seem to have a vibrant collective will to do something, to take any action. It’s almost as though some of us are  so fed up of and beaten by Wednesday and the characters who have played this thing out, that they can’t care anymore. 

When we see on Sky Sports News that Sheffield Wednesday are being wound up, will not start the League One season, imagine how that will feel.

When Hillsborough starts being demolished for a new Supermarket to be built. It would be unbearable.

if there is no income foreseeable to come in to solve the current problems, which it seems to be, the only answer is for us as fans to take the decision to stop the immediate existential threats to our club.

We can’t buy the club. But we can raise money to stave off the threat of extinction. If enough people have the will and the means to create a fund big enough to alleviate the immediate and short term issues that are happening right now, we can stop these real threats that are here at this exact moment. 
If we owe circa £12m in wages etc alone then the assumption would be with other likely problems happening that maybe north of £25-30 Million might be needed in the short term. 
How does anyone raise this  sort of capital?

10,000 supporters who can donate £1500 now is

£15 Million

10000 supporters who will commit £250.00 per month for 6 months, 

£15 Million

10000 supporters who will commit £125.00 per month for 12 months

£15 Million

Another option where supporters can commit whatever they feel they can, however small and however often, to the fighting fund.

£ Who knows how much? £3Million?

Whats in it for those who donate? 
Knowing that you saved Sheffield Wednesday when it needed saving. It’s our club. Maybe only we can save it. 
If we as an organised movement continue to raise funds and continue providing a safeguard against existential threats, eventually funds could be put towards fan engagement and creating a much better fan experience when coming to watch Wednesday. I’m talking about fan parks or fan zones in the vicinity of the ground. Securing Hillsborough Park for a fanzone or securing it for Wednesday fans to have before and after match time. A bit like the tailgate parties at US sporting events. 
If the club won’t engage and give us what we want and need, we should create the match day.

For now though the funds raised would be controlled and organised on the understanding that they specifically stave off threats to our club. The chairman does not spend it, its our donation for the good of the club.

I know we are a working class city, I know people want season ticket refunds, but the club seems to have no money.

When the club has gone would you pay £250.00 a month to bring going to the match at Sheffield Wednesday back? 

I would.

If anyone wants to pick this up and run with it, I’ll be the first to donate.

Nice try Att.

• Like 1

Well it's good to see people that are passionate enough to make these posts, the reality however is no-one would give into a pot that allows Chansiri to continue in control.

Personally, if the unthinkable happened, I'm confident there'd be enough will amongst fans to restart even if we lost everything and started way down the league pyramid. We'd still be Sheffield Wednesday (or The Wednesday) , the owls, blue and white and it would still be most of us following our team. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Are you talking about buying the club and getting Chansiri out though

Or are you suggesting raising money for him?

No neither. It’s about putting our money in trust to stave off any existential threat in the short term. We’re not buying the club and we are not giving it to him. We pay what has to be paid. 

The thing is that YES there are many wealthy Wednesday fans out there 

There are many notable and famous Owls fans too who could really get this out there and get people up for it 

But I can’t think of a single one of them who doesn’t hate our chairman with a passion or hasn’t already spoken out about the plight of the club and how our fans have been treat over the last few years 

This idea couldn’t succeed because not a single wealthy or notable fan would go anywhere near any idea that leaves this chairman in position 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, goldensmoke said:

No neither. It’s about putting our money in trust to stave off any existential threat in the short term. We’re not buying the club and we are not giving it to him. We pay what has to be paid. 

So let’s say fans get together to do that and raise the cash needed

And then Chansiri hands Hutchinson and Dawson a 50k a week contract etc

What then

• Thanks 1

Owlstalk Shop

3 minutes ago, briggowl said:

Well it's good to see people that are passionate enough to make these posts, the reality however is no-one would give into a pot that allows Chansiri to continue in control.

Personally, if the unthinkable happened, I'm confident there'd be enough will amongst fans to restart even if we lost everything and started way down the league pyramid. We'd still be Sheffield Wednesday (or The Wednesday) , the owls, blue and white and it would still be most of us following our team. 

Exactly.

The people laughing at the OP are a joke tbh.

Someone who has taken the time to write out a detailed post, no matter how feasible, and they get ridiculed

Sums a lot of our fans up. Apathetic & careless  

• Like 6
  • Haha 1