It’s looking like it’s down to us to save the club

18 hours ago, goldensmoke said:

Thank you. This is the point I was trying to make in the first place. Quite happy to be ridiculed if the idea gets some air time. These are critical times and if the moment came where money from us was held in trust and away from Chansiri to be used specifically to deal with an existential threat, we would have done a great thing.

I know we don’t all have £1500 which is why I included the ‘as much as someone feels they can put in’ option as well as £125 per month etc. It isn't really  that ludicrous to propose that the 20/30000 people in the world that love SWFC the most might dig deep if they knew it would be used to save the club. The purpose being to help get us to a more viable place post Covid where the club lives more within its means. It could be done, if we disappear we will all regret not having acted. Season ticket refunds will pale in to insignificance when the club has gone.

Im really glad some people can see logic behind this. Nobody wants this but the survival of the club looks like it really is at stake.

Who controls the trust with the money in?

who decides the time to use it, how much needs using, and on what ?

you views will be different to mine, but we each have 1500 quid in so an equal say . I say don’t use it . You say do use it. One of us is going to be upset by the outcome.  Multiply by 20000.

This is sensible thinking but the money must not go to the current regime. Wednesday need a Foundation or something similar setting up where funds could be stored in case of the club potentially being wound up.

Probably best that a wealthy and trustworthy Wednesdayite or Wednesdayites with business contacts and acumen set up something like this.

When it went ******** up at Hearts after our foreigner owner left and we were on the brink of being liquidated the Foundation of Hearts stepped in and kept the club from dying. We are almost at the stage now where we have paid off creditors from the CVA following administration.

Ordinary Hearts fans have raised almost £12m and now some of that money goes towards facilities, players wages, etc. Most fans are continuing a monthly pledge even after our debts are paid off so it means that Hearts have an additional £xm per year going into the club that our competitors don’t. 

Fans get points too which go towards rewards. I’ve pledged a substantial 4 figure sum to the Foundation of Hearts since it started and continue to donate monthly. There’s absolutely  no reason why Wednesday couldn’t do similar.

https://www.foundationofhearts.org

• Like 3

1 hour ago, edinburghowl said:

This is sensible thinking but the money must not go to the current regime. Wednesday need a Foundation or something similar setting up where funds could be stored in case of the club potentially being wound up.

Probably best that a wealthy and trustworthy Wednesdayite or Wednesdayites with business contacts and acumen set up something like this.

When it went ******** up at Hearts after our foreigner owner left and we were on the brink of being liquidated the Foundation of Hearts stepped in and kept the club from dying. We are almost at the stage now where we have paid off creditors from the CVA following administration.

Ordinary Hearts fans have raised almost £12m and now some of that money goes towards facilities, players wages, etc. Most fans are continuing a monthly pledge even after our debts are paid off so it means that Hearts have an additional £xm per year going into the club that our competitors don’t. 

Fans get points too which go towards rewards. I’ve pledged a substantial 4 figure sum to the Foundation of Hearts since it started and continue to donate monthly. There’s absolutely  no reason why Wednesday couldn’t do similar.

Stuart Wallace who helped set that up - top man, exactly sort of good egg you need in that sort of thing.

• Love 1

2 hours ago, edinburghowl said:

So not an idea to be ridiculed after all. If Hearts can do this then why can’t we?
This is exactly what I was trying to suggest.

It is possible with the right people and structure to run it.
Also the fact the supporters are continuing to contribute after dealing with critical issues is great. The idea that funds can continue to accrue for forward thinking projects is great. Fan parks for example or facilities which generate income for the club.

Now we have the example of what can be done, how could we make this happen? It would be a great thing for our club.

Is there anyone out there in the fan base that’s got what it takes to put these ideas in to practice?

Now surely is the time.

• Like 1

On 11/06/2021 at 20:03, edinburghowl said:

Why wait until you are on the brink of disappearing though

Think most of us can see we are in pre MM territory again, so get it going, so that when it does go ******** up we are in a position to do something?