It’s looking like it’s down to us to save the club

10 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

I'm starting to get a bad feeling he has weshed his hands of it and is happy to let it rot. He has the main asset separated from the rest of the club (as long as he makes the loan repayment in September), and knows the rest of it is worth feck all. 

If he wants he can sit in Thailand, not spend a penny, refuse to pay the wages knowing the administraters cannot touch the stadium. 

Just a hunch. 

As much as this is a fear i cant see it. The guy is a business man and the stadium and land it is on isn't worth taking such risks for. Surely??

As for the main purpose of this thread, i would not put a penny in towards helping us keep going as we are. However if a fans trust scheme was set up ready to swoop in and take over altgether then i would put every penny i could spare into that.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

I'm starting to get a bad feeling he has weshed his hands of it and is happy to let it rot. He has the main asset separated from the rest of the club (as long as he makes the loan repayment in September), and knows the rest of it is worth feck all. 

If he wants he can sit in Thailand, not spend a penny, refuse to pay the wages knowing the administraters cannot touch the stadium. 

Just a hunch. 

If he has not kept up with the payments then he doesn't own the stadium until the final payment.

Meaning of Administration or Liquidation happen they would expect full payment for the asset with actual money not monopoly cash.

As all debt are recovered then a % of creditors get paid based on the assets left. Then the other issue for me is how can DC take a loan out on an asset he may not yet legally own.

2 minutes ago, Jesus said:

As much as this is a fear i cant see it. The guy is a business man and the stadium and land it is on isn't worth taking such risks for. Surely??

As for the main purpose of this thread, i would not put a penny in towards helping us keep going as we are. However if a fans trust scheme was set up ready to swoop in and take over altgether then i would put every penny i could spare into that.

This business man myth does anyone know Any business he owns with actual employees and turnover, as anyone can be a business man. It doesn't mean the are a competent business man though.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, room0035 said:

This business man myth does anyone know Any business he owns with actual employees and turnover, as anyone can be a business man. It doesn't mean the are a competent business man though.

I didnt say competent... ha 😉

I more mean that he must want some return from it and i cant see how he would expect to make a significant one from that alone. How much did he 'buy' it for again?

1 minute ago, Jesus said:

I didnt say competent... ha 😉

I more mean that he must want some return from it and i cant see how he would expect to make a significant one from that alone. How much did he 'buy' it for again?

The club was £32.5m + a new pitch, the stadium was valued at £60m which just happened to prevent the 3 year rolling losses going over £39m which was fortunate.😁😁😁😁😁

Just now, room0035 said:

The club was £32.5m + a new pitch, the stadium was valued at £60m which just happened to prevent the 3 year rolling losses going over £39m which was fortunate.😁😁😁😁😁

So if he is banking on making a profit on the stadium alone he must be assuming there is a gold mine underneath it or something

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Jesus said:

So if he is banking on making a profit on the stadium alone he must be assuming there is a gold mine underneath it or something

I just think he not very bright, he taken what the club cost, added the value of his loan account which in the last account 2 years ago was about £60m then factored in the losses for the last 2 seasons and for to a figure of £150m+ .

But if you buy something for £35m sell all the assets, make it worse, then get it relegated you are not going to get a 5 x return on your original investment.

Trying to stay realistic here but if a Supporters trust Fund was set up in preparation to 'save' the club it can only be a good thing

At the very least it could gain media attention and force Chansiri's hand to tell us all what the hell is going on

At best we could get our club back

Everything in between is at least better than where we are now

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Hornsby said:

I d be happy with Trust holding my money.

But want it to buy club shares later.

Never know, could get another vanity owner, or gambler like Wigan.

So you would be happy to support the club when equity is needing to be raised? Even though you are asking for a refund for your season ticket lol

1 hour ago, Jesus said:

Would your mate chuck his 30 pieces of silver in as well? 

1 hour ago, maidstoneowl said:

I have no monie to donate.  MY car is 23 yr old and falling bits off.

And I work in chicken shop so not have the £250 for Delfone.

The man must save us more, we not have this 10000 with £250.  This what I get for my week then I pay buses

What chicken shop?

Give it a plug so we can all buy some chicken and increase the takings, make your boss rich and get you a pay rise so you can do the scheme in this thread and buy the club!

Owlstalk Shop

Guest Hornsby
1 hour ago, soldierboyblue said:

So you would be happy to support the club when equity is needing to be raised? Even though you are asking for a refund for your season ticket lol

Yes. Bought B shares before and gave up for Milan takeover.

Even small amount with Chansiri for legal leverage.

Fortunately, I pay on day  as work all  over Europe.

32 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

What chicken shop?

Give it a plug so we can all buy some chicken and increase the takings, make your boss rich and get you a pay rise so you can do the scheme in this thread and buy the club!

this in dewsbury perfect fry chicken see it on web and call 01924 430 555 for best chicken in city please

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, The only way is S6 said:

Exactly. Providing combined funds as some security against DC going bust isn’t the same as giving DC our hard earned to pss up the wall.

This needs spelling out if an idea comes to fruition. 

Thank you. This is the point I was trying to make in the first place. Quite happy to be ridiculed if the idea gets some air time. These are critical times and if the moment came where money from us was held in trust and away from Chansiri to be used specifically to deal with an existential threat, we would have done a great thing.

I know we don’t all have £1500 which is why I included the ‘as much as someone feels they can put in’ option as well as £125 per month etc. It isn't really  that ludicrous to propose that the 20/30000 people in the world that love SWFC the most might dig deep if they knew it would be used to save the club. The purpose being to help get us to a more viable place post Covid where the club lives more within its means. It could be done, if we disappear we will all regret not having acted. Season ticket refunds will pale in to insignificance when the club has gone.

Im really glad some people can see logic behind this. Nobody wants this but the survival of the club looks like it really is at stake.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, goldensmoke said:

Thank you. This is the point I was trying to make in the first place. Quite happy to be ridiculed if the idea gets some air time. These are critical times and if the moment came where money from us was held in trust and away from Chansiri to be used specifically to deal with an existential threat, we would have done a great thing.

I know we don’t all have £1500 which is why I included the ‘as much as someone feels they can put in’ option as well as £125 per month etc. It isn't really  that ludicrous to propose that the 20/30000 people in the world that love SWFC the most might dig deep if they knew it would be used to save the club. The purpose being to help get us to a more viable place post Covid where the club lives more within its means. It could be done, if we disappear we will all regret not having acted. Season ticket refunds will pale in to insignificance when the club has gone.

Im really glad some people can see logic behind this. Nobody wants this but the survival of the club looks like it really is at stake.

Next season there will be 23 teams in our division operating under the same restrictions as us, most will have turnover under £10m for the season, most won't be paying more than £5k a week on any player.

All will welcome fans back, all will do what they can to get as many fans through the gates, all will use whatever they can to make their ground work, not just on match day but none match day too. All will take whatever external sponsorship they can get for shirts, stands or naming rights.

Why can 23 other teams in the league do all these things but we cannot manage any of them. I understand you sentiment but what point does the money get used when DC does not pay the players, the tax man, the rent due, the electric bill, the mortgage on the stadium. The problem is, if there is money there, DC will waste it instead of putting his own money in.

The fans where told 3 years ago their money accounted for nothing yet as soon as there is no fans income, there is no team investment, no new contracts, players don't get paid for months, loans are taken out against the stadium. These are not the actions of someone awash with money when as he say the fans money pays for nothing except the players wages, the tax bills, investment in the team, the electric bills, the club staff bills, the merchandise cost, the upkeep of the stadium, the rent.