It’s looking like it’s down to us to save the club

Guest Hornsby
19 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Let’s hope it’s not like you see in the papers where staff turn up on a Monday morning and the shutters are down and the place has gone

Have we paid up £6 million to players this week or not?

I know we are beyond parody but if that was a joke, went way over  my thick head.

22 hours ago, mcmigo said:

The shares , either current ones or new ones , have no value whatsoever, the business has hardly any assets , very little income and large liabilities/ debts. It has terrible cash flow and at its core activity- football - was the worst performing business in its sector.  At this stage buying shares is the same as gifting money to the club. Dc would always retain enough to maintain control in any case.

One of 3 outcomes is baked in now.

1.  DC sells up 

2.  DC digs in and funds the club again

3.  We eventually get put into admin by a creditor ( maybe hmrc down the line), take the pain , drop to league 2 and rebuild as Bolton / Wigan are doing.

DC in control of all of those outcomes now. 

Perhaps didn’t make it clear. I was talking about AFTER Chansiri. As a way of raising funds to avoid the club disappearing all together. 

Guest Hornsby
2 hours ago, Plonk said:

Perhaps didn’t make it clear. I was talking about AFTER Chansiri. As a way of raising funds to avoid the club disappearing all together. 

Ahh, thanks.

Hopefully, fan owned club then, even if majority owned by a rich Owl like Hobson et al.

If we still exist.

Why can’t there be another way of fans committing money? It doesn’t have to go down the plug hole with DC handling it.

Does the Trust have a bank account?

Can’t an online account be created amongst fans? Everybody’s individual deposit recorded with their name & dob. No withdrawals or payments until DC decides to go.

A show of financial clout just in case the OP is right & we end up on the brink. 

Guest Hornsby
1 hour ago, The only way is S6 said:

Why can’t there be another way of fans committing money? It doesn’t have to go down the plug hole with DC handling it.

Does the Trust have a bank account?

Can’t an online account be created amongst fans? Everybody’s individual deposit recorded with their name & dob. No withdrawals or payments until DC decides to go.

A show of financial clout just in case the OP is right & we end up on the brink. 

I d be happy with Trust holding my money.

But want it to buy club shares later.

Never know, could get another vanity owner, or gambler like Wigan.

Guest Hornsby
5 minutes ago, The only way is S6 said:

Or somebody sane & competent after an utter loony; like Leeds did. 

Hope so. In that case, be happy to buy voting shares.

On 08/06/2021 at 19:36, goldensmoke said:

If what we are led to believe is true about the club’s current plight, then we must make a contingency as fans to stave off the folding of SWFC.

We seem to be sleep walking, apathetically, to oblivion. We can’t attend games, we can’t come together as a crowd to protest or make our feelings known; we somehow don’t seem to have a vibrant collective will to do something, to take any action. It’s almost as though some of us are  so fed up of and beaten by Wednesday and the characters who have played this thing out, that they can’t care anymore. 

When we see on Sky Sports News that Sheffield Wednesday are being wound up, will not start the League One season, imagine how that will feel.

When Hillsborough starts being demolished for a new Supermarket to be built. It would be unbearable.

if there is no income foreseeable to come in to solve the current problems, which it seems to be, the only answer is for us as fans to take the decision to stop the immediate existential threats to our club.

We can’t buy the club. But we can raise money to stave off the threat of extinction. If enough people have the will and the means to create a fund big enough to alleviate the immediate and short term issues that are happening right now, we can stop these real threats that are here at this exact moment. 
If we owe circa £12m in wages etc alone then the assumption would be with other likely problems happening that maybe north of £25-30 Million might be needed in the short term. 
How does anyone raise this  sort of capital?

10,000 supporters who can donate £1500 now is

£15 Million

10000 supporters who will commit £250.00 per month for 6 months, 

£15 Million

10000 supporters who will commit £125.00 per month for 12 months

£15 Million

Another option where supporters can commit whatever they feel they can, however small and however often, to the fighting fund.

£ Who knows how much? £3Million?

Whats in it for those who donate? 
Knowing that you saved Sheffield Wednesday when it needed saving. It’s our club. Maybe only we can save it. 
If we as an organised movement continue to raise funds and continue providing a safeguard against existential threats, eventually funds could be put towards fan engagement and creating a much better fan experience when coming to watch Wednesday. I’m talking about fan parks or fan zones in the vicinity of the ground. Securing Hillsborough Park for a fanzone or securing it for Wednesday fans to have before and after match time. A bit like the tailgate parties at US sporting events. 
If the club won’t engage and give us what we want and need, we should create the match day.

For now though the funds raised would be controlled and organised on the understanding that they specifically stave off threats to our club. The chairman does not spend it, its our donation for the good of the club.

I know we are a working class city, I know people want season ticket refunds, but the club seems to have no money.

When the club has gone would you pay £250.00 a month to bring going to the match at Sheffield Wednesday back? 

I would.

If anyone wants to pick this up and run with it, I’ll be the first to donate.

Bit late to this thread but whilst I can understand your concern why are you asking people like me to bail out a bloke that still owes fans money and has just burnt the best part of 200M quid by his incompetence? 

Money raised goes straight to the same person again? For what to help him pay of his own stupid mess he's got us into? 

Count me out of that one.

• Like 4

17 hours ago, dfoster said:

Update from the club - not my usual source but trust me it's spot on - it's total chaos, no-one has heard anything from DC for ages and panic is setting in big time 

Don't shoot the messenger ... 

Just for balance ...... All stewards contracted by SWFC & other staff members have been called to attend a training course in readiness for the new season for four nights 6-9 July from 6pm each evening!

Source:- Mate who's one of the stewards mentioned.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Baldockowl said:

This is going to be a long long summer

At least you have the summer, there are plenty of us out here diving head first into winter. Every morning we wake to some new strain of shamble that is winding it's way through SWFC. And then it rains 😄 

3 minutes ago, casbahowl said:

Just for balance ...... All stewards contracted by SWFC & other staff members have been called to attend a training course in readiness for the new season for four nights 6-9 July from 6pm each evening!

Source:- Mate who's one of the stewards mentioned.

That's a mighty short season 😄

• Haha 3

Nobody in their right mind would want to purchase shares in SWFC issued by or sold by Chansiri. Any investment in shares would have to be in a new company formed with the purpose of buying the assets of SWFC and Sheffield 3 from Chansiri or from an administrator if it comes to that.

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, Baldockowl said:

This is going to be a long long summer

While I agree with the sentiment, in reality it's a very short summer. Pre season starts in 18 days and lots to do. 

Putting the off field circus to one side we've 14 players (assuming Borner gone), some of whom U23's who've hardly kicked a ball in the first team....so need 6-10 new players in urgently. Players not in for the start of pre season is a waste of time as we're seen year after year under Chansiri.

3 hours ago, Hornsby said:

Ahh, thanks.

Hopefully, fan owned club then, even if majority owned by a rich Owl like Hobson et al.

If we still exist.

1 hour ago, Hornsby said:

I d be happy with Trust holding my money.

But want it to buy club shares later.

Never know, could get another vanity owner, or gambler like Wigan.

For me, and it’s just my personal opinion, I think even a commitment to buy shares through an organisation like the trust, would be enough. As long as people were serious in stumping up if the poo hits the fan. I would be happy to commit £500 to stop the club disappearing. Sure there are folks a lot wealthier than me 5hat would commit more. But there’s no way I will give Chansiri £500 to take to Napoleons. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Plonk said:

For me, and it’s just my personal opinion, I think even a commitment to buy shares through an organisation like the trust, would be enough. As long as people were serious in stumping up if the poo hits the fan. I would be happy to commit £500 to stop the club disappearing. Sure there are folks a lot wealthier than me 5hat would commit more. But there’s no way I will give Chansiri £500 to take to Napoleons. 

Exactly. Providing combined funds as some security against DC going bust isn’t the same as giving DC our hard earned to pss up the wall.

This needs spelling out if an idea comes to fruition. 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Royal_D said:

Accurate 

I'm starting to get a bad feeling he has weshed his hands of it and is happy to let it rot. He has the main asset separated from the rest of the club (as long as he makes the loan repayment in September), and knows the rest of it is worth feck all. 

If he wants he can sit in Thailand, not spend a penny, refuse to pay the wages knowing the administraters cannot touch the stadium. 

Just a hunch.