It’s looking like it’s down to us to save the club

Just now, @owlstalk said:

Who is it that gets the money from these donations?

We need to come together and if need be form a new entity with the right people to front this. Surely we have professional people of the right calibre to orchestrate this within the fan base?

Im asking the question. What’s to stop us with support from prominent figures making this happen?

Planet?

Fine, but someone has to sort this out. Do we care enough or not?

It’s the delusion of some fans that really cheers me up in these times... 

however I’ll bite, let’s say we have 10000 people to raise the money to clear the wages debt. What happens when we next have another issue (because with DC there is inevitably more lunacy around the corner)? Do I have to pay again? 

Literally what planet are you on

• Like 1

Who in their right mind is gonna give him any money? If there was a way to guarantee the money went to the right place I'm sure alot would donate if it meant saving our club, not sure on the amounts though.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, goldensmoke said:

If what we are led to believe is true about the club’s current plight, then we must make a contingency as fans to stave off the folding of SWFC.

We seem to be sleep walking, apathetically, to oblivion. We can’t attend games, we can’t come together as a crowd to protest or make our feelings known; we somehow don’t seem to have a vibrant collective will to do something, to take any action. It’s almost as though some of us are  so fed up of and beaten by Wednesday and the characters who have played this thing out, that they can’t care anymore. 

When we see on Sky Sports News that Sheffield Wednesday are being wound up, will not start the League One season, imagine how that will feel.

When Hillsborough starts being demolished for a new Supermarket to be built. It would be unbearable.

if there is no income foreseeable to come in to solve the current problems, which it seems to be, the only answer is for us as fans to take the decision to stop the immediate existential threats to our club.

We can’t buy the club. But we can raise money to stave off the threat of extinction. If enough people have the will and the means to create a fund big enough to alleviate the immediate and short term issues that are happening right now, we can stop these real threats that are here at this exact moment. 
If we owe circa £12m in wages etc alone then the assumption would be with other likely problems happening that maybe north of £25-30 Million might be needed in the short term. 
How does anyone raise this  sort of capital?

10,000 supporters who can donate £1500 now is

£15 Million

10000 supporters who will commit £250.00 per month for 6 months, 

£15 Million

10000 supporters who will commit £125.00 per month for 12 months

£15 Million

Another option where supporters can commit whatever they feel they can, however small and however often, to the fighting fund.

£ Who knows how much? £3Million?

Whats in it for those who donate? 
Knowing that you saved Sheffield Wednesday when it needed saving. It’s our club. Maybe only we can save it. 
If we as an organised movement continue to raise funds and continue providing a safeguard against existential threats, eventually funds could be put towards fan engagement and creating a much better fan experience when coming to watch Wednesday. I’m talking about fan parks or fan zones in the vicinity of the ground. Securing Hillsborough Park for a fanzone or securing it for Wednesday fans to have before and after match time. A bit like the tailgate parties at US sporting events. 
If the club won’t engage and give us what we want and need, we should create the match day.

For now though the funds raised would be controlled and organised on the understanding that they specifically stave off threats to our club. The chairman does not spend it, its our donation for the good of the club.

I know we are a working class city, I know people want season ticket refunds, but the club seems to have no money.

When the club has gone would you pay £250.00 a month to bring going to the match at Sheffield Wednesday back? 

I would.

If anyone wants to pick this up and run with it, I’ll be the first to donate.

If by some miracle the fanbase DID manage to raise £15million to bail out the club's immediate problems, we would be right back in the same position in 12 months time.  Might as well just make a big pile with our money and burn it.

• Like 3

Just now, goldensmoke said:

If we starve the club of money we’re gone.

if we don’t pay the bills, we’re gone.

if we can get through the next period we will have fans and will have an income to come. That’s the point.

You are suggesting thousands of working class people should throw their savings into the bottomless pit of football finance to eke out another few months of existence for the club.

It won't (and shouldn't) happen.

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, goldensmoke said:

We need to come together and if need be form a new entity with the right people to front this. Surely we have professional people of the right calibre to orchestrate this within the fan base?

Im asking the question. What’s to stop us with support from prominent figures making this happen?

Planet?

Fine, but someone has to sort this out. Do we care enough or not?

Are you talking about buying the club and getting Chansiri out though

Or are you suggesting raising money for him?

Owlstalk Shop

5 minutes ago, Sensible Soccer said:

It’s the delusion of some fans that really cheers me up in these times... 

however I’ll bite, let’s say we have 10000 people to raise the money to clear the wages debt. What happens when we next have another issue (because with DC there is inevitably more lunacy around the corner)? Do I have to pay again? 

Literally what planet are you on

Or we let the club go into administration or liquidation then step in. We don't then have to pay the footballer anything but also the fans with tickets for any season also lose out. No new owner is going to pay back pay for players.

No one is stepping until DC decide to let the club go. I won't to giving him anymore if my money to waste either.

I love the club and I like thousands of other supporters have thrown an unseen amount of money at the club in our lifetime. I genuinely just feel it’s a mess that the club needs to get out of itself. Call me a ‘non fan’ or whatever you like. We kept to our side of the bargain, we paid big ticket prices for these ‘big players’ and what do we get rewarded with? 

Nah, club needs to keep its side of the bargain now.