So what are we expecting?

Just reading the transfer thread about picking up last minute scraps in our rebuild. 

Dads army, inglorious ******** or escape to victory.

20 minutes ago, Plonk said:

Just reading the transfer thread about picking up last minute scraps in our rebuild. 

Dads army, inglorious ******** or escape to victory.

Relegation

I expect a very small squad full with young non ready players from the development squad. If we stay up next season it will be a small miracle considering the state we are currently in.

• Like 1

I'm expecting things to get worse.

Just to pay outstanding wages to players and rent on Hillsborough, Chansiri is going to have to find 15 million quid... I doubt he's got it and even if he has that's before looking to add to the squad with next to no season ticket income and extremely low potg numbers (even if that's allowed)

We're f****d.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, DIPPS_S.W.F.C said:

A statement in any shape or form from the club to reassure the customer's and lay out plans for the future in the lower divisions.....

3 minutes ago, SwellOwl said:

Anything from the club would be nice.

You two are getting "expected" and wanting mixed up

• Like 2

I suspect we will be like Bolton/ Wigan have been over last couple of seasons i.e. put together a scratch squad of no hope freebies who cant get a game elsewhere, kids, triallists and loans.  Bolton started 19/20 with kids, then added some free old timers like Chris O'gray and Daryl Murphy by end of transfer window probably on pay as you play deals.

The loans issue for me is a real issue - have we paid our loan fees/ wages to loan players?  If not, then why would any club loan us players?  The only club where we have really made a success of loans in over last couple of seasons is possibly Newcastle, but given DC's stand re Bruce , unlikely they will be generous this time round.   we are a very bad club to loan players to.  Brown, Bates, Marriot - Murphy aside I dont think we have improved any player this decade we brought in on loan.

6 minutes ago, Mr. Chow said:

Another meaningless fans forum, where loads of irrelevant questions get asked 

So what questions would you ask?  Please enlighten us all.

• Like 2

I'm getting what I'm expecting which is absolutely nothing. If I expect nothing I wont be disappointed come the start of the season.

Problem is, DC is setting very low expectations and failing to meet them IMO.

• Like 1