SWFC Trust. Members survey

15 minutes ago, Grandad said:

Loved Milan 

I didn't love Milan Manderic but felt we were in safe hands even though at the time it felt things had gone stale last year to so.

Although of course we would snap you hand off for that now.

Yes Milan was in it to make money but didn't feel like making money at all costs, was a serious business man who prided himself on passing a business on that was well run as well.

• Like 2

I do wonder if the Trust are scared that if they push to hard, they don’t know what the consequences will be. My counter to that however is if this goes as I fear it will, will they (and the wider fan base) look back in regret at their inactivity as the club spiralled towards the abyss.

I still think they could really snooker Chansiri by applying to have the North Stand listed, if successful this would protect Hillsborough and preserve it as a football stadium.

• Like 4

Are we going to end up with another owls trust vs Allen situation again?  

When they got formed I warned it would end in disaster..  I fear that with all the best intentions and I really dont know what the solution is but poking at Chansiri as we have seen just seems to make things worse.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

Same

And Lee Strafford's forward thinking ideas too

Like putting season ticket on sale midway through the previous season with the reason given that it 'helped to better plan the budget for the close season'?

Some of his idea's were well meaning and his heart was in the right place, some of it was tripe.

1 hour ago, matthefish2002 said:

I didn't love Milan Manderic but felt we were in safe hands even though at the time it felt things had gone stale last year to so.

Although of course we would snap you hand off for that now.

Yes Milan was in it to make money but didn't feel like making money at all costs, was a serious business man who prided himself on passing a business on that was well run as well.

Agreed, we were in safe hands but it wasn't exciting, forward progression. Milan worked to get the club in a stable position and to find that next step. It was clear he wanted to sell the club on for a profit and found... well you know who. Cheers.

2 hours ago, Grandad said:

Loved Milan 

Milan was the biggest bullshit artist ever. He said whatever the fans wanted to hear.

I'm grateful he bought us in our hour of need but it was a money making venture for him, nothing more, nothing less. He did have charisma though.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, prowl said:

Milan was the biggest bullshit artist ever. He said whatever the fans wanted to hear.

I'm grateful he bought us in our hour of need but it was a money making venture for him, nothing more, nothing less. He did have charisma though.

In what sense?

He made no secret of the fact our spending budget in terms of transfer fees was low due to the fact we were losing circa £5M per season and he wanted to sell to someone with more clout in that respect.

Of course it was a money making venture for him but he put his money in when nobody else was prepared to, oversaw promotion from the 3rd division promptly and did enough to keep us up.

He did what he said he would do.

Great survey @SWFC Trust, brilliantly put together and liked having the ability to expand further on my answers - good luck reviewing all the feedback though :unsure:

Joined a month or so ago and I'm really impressed with the comms and the way the trust is acting, as others have said, it's the best mechanism to have our voice heard and for that it's worth every single penny.

• Like 8

4 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Well said

The Trust should be holding him to account, making him accountable and pressure him to explain his actions and show the way forward in a plan

Not deciding whether or not they should make a list to take to their members to decide whether or not now is a good time to decide whether or not to decide whether to do that or not

This is exactly what ALL committees do though. They are very good at having votes to decide what biscuits to have at the next meeting, but apart from that it's just an ego massaging excersize. 

My old working mens club was exactly the same. They would spend hours discussing what they were going to discuss during the meeting, by which time the meeting was over and all the custard creams had been eaten. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, catdog1121 said:

When they got formed I warned it would end in disaster..  I fear that with all the best intentions and I really dont know what the solution is but poking at Chansiri as we have seen just seems to make things worse.

are you sure that you are not mouse1121?

2 hours ago, catdog1121 said:

I Actually felt the statement made at the end of the season by DC was sincere and positive in nature, problem is despite all the negative things coming out of the press at the moment and growing discontent within the fan base we still don't get any updates. 

The damage Chansiri's silence is causing has reached a point where his relationship with the fans has deteriorated so much it looks almost impossible that the damage can be repaired. DC cant continue to bury his head in the sand and for better or worse we have to give him a poke. 

Does anyone believe that a plan is in place behind the scenes? some sort of preparation for relegation and the situation the club is now in, should have began 6 months ago. We need a team of people in the club to be working on things 24/7 but it all seems to be down to one man who either doesn't know what he is doing or doesn't care. 

WE NEED ANSWERS NOW and the trust are the only people who seem to be trying to create a mandate from the fans.  

Saying to move from owner neutral is a poor way to put it because it allows it to be seen as moving to owner hostile for example. It would be better to say raise the intensity of degree they push for changes that their members are demanding. The truth when it comes to Chansiri is he's a PR nightmare and he makes a weak attempt to look like he is engaging with supporter groups but when he doesn't like what he hears he will ignore them. So not giving him the excuse of being able to labor them as hostile to him would be better as it may force him to at least attempt to engage for longer. However as things are now so bad it's up to us all as supporters to put pressure for change not just supporter groups that he will claim don't speak for all. They can take a lead but we have to show we all mean business or they will be whistling in the wind. He has to see we ALL will stick together or he can guide as he's done for the last 18 months.

• Like 1

The SAS do not negotiate or reason with the enemy.  They act quickly and decisively to eliminate the threat.

Chansiri is a serious threat to the Club’s existence.  The Trust shouldn’t pander to his ego but look to pressure him to leave and be overtly hostile to his incompetent and abysmal running of our club over a sustained period of time.  Chansiri your time is up.