SWFC Trust. Members survey

19 minutes ago, Morepork said:

He can’t spill the beans mate, if he publicly acknowledged how precarious our position is he’d have to throw the towel in.

This is how it feels to me - he can’t take the club forward but won’t want anyone else to have it. 

• Like 1

Guest Grandad

I'll be honest - I thought much of the poll was guff.

Do you want us to produce a checklist on what makes a good owner?

NO - I ****** DON'T. Thats the kind of stuff kids who meet in garden sheds used to do in Enid Blyton books.

Do you want us to campaign for a seat on the board?

NO - I *****DON'T. Stay off the Board, no more lip service from the Chairman to appease fans group, and to force them into subservient silence.

Get on with providing professional insight into the damaging actions of the Chairman, step away from any engagement with the Chairman and speak to him through the Press. Be a thorn in his side. Let him know he can't continue the way he is.

But also let him know that when he does the right thing - he will receive praise for doing so. Become a group that lobbies for change from the outside.

Just now, Grandad said:

NO - I ****** DON'T. Thats the kind of stuff kids who meet in garden sheds used to do in Enid Blyton books.

NO - I *****DON'T. Stay off the Board, no more lip service from the Chairman to appease fans group, and to force them into subservient silence.

Get on with providing professional insight into the damaging actions of the Chairman, step away from any engagement with the Chairman and speak to him through the Press. Be a thorn in his side. Let him know he can't continue the way he is.

But also let him know that when he does the right thing - he will receive praise for doing so. Become a group that lobbies for change from the outside.

Well said

The Trust should be holding him to account, making him accountable and pressure him to explain his actions and show the way forward in a plan

Not deciding whether or not they should make a list to take to their members to decide whether or not now is a good time to decide whether or not to decide whether to do that or not

• Like 5

Owlstalk Shop

Guest Grandad
Just now, @owlstalk said:

Well said

The Trust should be holding him to account, making him accountable and pressure him to explain his actions and show the way forward in a plan

Not deciding whether or not they should make a list to take to their members to decide whether or not now is a good time to decide whether or not to decide whether to do that or not

I also took issue with their wording of this question

Q4. If the Trust's Board believes that the Club's fan engagement panel is incapable of delivering significant change in the way the Club is operated, would you support the withdrawal of the Trust from the panel? *

Yes - I give permission for the Trust's Board to withdraw from the engagement panel if they think it necessary in the future

No - the Trust should stay part of the engagement panel in all circumstances

This is so woolly. As members they should trust us to decide on whether the Trust should be part of the engagement process or not. Even if 99% of people vote YES to this - there is still no guarantee that they would walk away - they are still leaving that decision to the Trust Board.

The answers should be 

Yes - Walk away now and ensure that the Trust publicly explains their reasons for doing so and the restrictions it has had placed on it by the Chairman

No - Play a part in all circumstances

5 minutes ago, Grandad said:

I also took issue with their wording of this question

This is so woolly. As members they should trust us to decide on whether the Trust should be part of the engagement process or not. Even if 99% of people vote YES to this - there is still no guarantee that they would walk away - they are still leaving that decision to the Trust Board.

The answers should be 

Yes - Walk away now and ensure that the Trust publicly explains their reasons for doing so and the restrictions it has had placed on it by the Chairman

No - Play a part in all circumstances

It also doesn't discuss the terms and conditions imposed on attending those meetings

The question is weak - it makes it sound like ' they're not very good should we stop going?' rather than 'here are the terms we have had imposed on us to attend - we don't believe this is right and so think we should walk away and not attend anymore - do you agree with our decision?'

• Like 3

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

I bet you're one of those who still believe the spin that was trotted out during Dave and Kaven's time aren't you

lol

Are you one of those that has had it in for every single owner, director and chairman of this club for the last 20 years. Infact the whole club. I think we all know the answer to that one. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, vulva said:

Are you one of those that has had it in for every single owner, director and chairman of this club for the last 20 years. Infact the whole club. I think we all know the answer to that one. 

Nope not at all

Keep trying tho!

lol

• Like 2

Owlstalk Shop

7 hours ago, Whitechapel Owl said:

One of the questions

Since our inception, the Trust has released many statements that contain robust criticism of the Chairman and his running of the Club. Despite this, the Trust has been studious in maintaining owner neutrality, our interventions in the debate through statements and media appearances been focused on securing positive changes in the way that the Club operates, rather than focussing on individuals.

We receive many representations from members asking us to re-consider our policy of owner neutrality. Their belief is that the Chairman presents an existential threat to the future of the Club, and have genuine concern regarding his leadership and financial ability to operate the football club.

We do not know what the possible repercussions of abandoning the policy of owner neutrality are, but we have to assume that they exist on a range of ‘no change’ to ‘the Club abandoning all contact with the Trust’.

Q9. Would you like the Trust to abandon its policy of owner neutrality? *

Yes - abandon the policy of owner neutrality - the Trust needs to take a stronger stand on Mr Chansiri's running of the Club

No - maintain the policy of owner neutrality

That question, in my opinion, is very well-written.  I like that it asks for the membership's approval (or not) to a really fundimental change in approach.  Maybe they are not the happy-clappers that some on here possibly think.

Guest Grandad
27 minutes ago, vulva said:

Loved Milan 

Not having a go, I'm all for positive action to force change, but we've already seen a few survey's this summer and  clear consensus among fans (and pretty much everyone else in the press, ex players etc) about what needs to happen. 

Has limited impact when the one man who can effect change doesn't give a throw. 

I admire the effort to keep applying pressure though and hope something eventually works on Chansiri.

• Like 1

What annoyed me, is the protest question. 

So weak and painful to read, it's the kind of question i'd expect to come out of the club 'shall we nudge nudge facilitate, or not bother...?" get a bloody protest organised and sharpish. They want to unite the fans and then the one thing fans are looking for, someone to organise a protest, they won't jump in. 

I see why they have to be wooly with some aspects, but i think they need to be more decisive now.

Guest Grandad
1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Same

And Lee Strafford's forward thinking ideas too

so would you say you've been happy with the leadership at the club for at least 1/3 of the last 20 years?

And it was the leadership that had us on the edge of extinction (both times) that you were unhappy with?

How unreasonable of you

4 minutes ago, Grandad said:

so would you say you've been happy with the leadership at the club for at least 1/3 of the last 20 years?

And it was the leadership that had us on the edge of extinction (both times) that you were unhappy with?

How unreasonable of you

I think what this discussion does demonstrate is that some people *cough* vulva *cough* have outdated and incorrect views

• Like 3

Owlstalk Shop

1 hour ago, Grandad said:

Spot on. The time for more committees and advisory groups is over. The chairman has shown its total lip service and he just continues with his own agenda regardless. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Here's what will happen

This is my prediction and I've never been wrong once yet

The Trust will seek and get 'permission' from it's members to criticise Chansiri

But before they get that sorted Chansiri will have sorted the issues out and point to the Trust as unneccessary troublemakers and all those who suck in and believe anything and everything the man says without question will agree with him and go on the attack at a Trust who have organised a criticism of something that is over

Same as if an organised protest for a particular date was arranged where something like everyone congregating outside the front doors of the club to protest on a certain date - he'd just sort all the issues out a couple of days before and leave that protest high and dry and play right into the hands of those who just suck in and believe anything the chairman says

• Like 3

Owlstalk Shop