SWFC Trust. Members survey

Got mine tonight. Filled in and returned. 

hopefully they’ll get a resounding mandate to put some demands to Chansiri 

Wether he listens is another thing 

• Like 2

Guest Theboylangers
3 minutes ago, dowls said:

Horrible biased and agenda

driven.. 

but form your own opinion

Link doesn't work for me. 

One of the questions

Since our inception, the Trust has released many statements that contain robust criticism of the Chairman and his running of the Club. Despite this, the Trust has been studious in maintaining owner neutrality, our interventions in the debate through statements and media appearances been focused on securing positive changes in the way that the Club operates, rather than focussing on individuals.

We receive many representations from members asking us to re-consider our policy of owner neutrality. Their belief is that the Chairman presents an existential threat to the future of the Club, and have genuine concern regarding his leadership and financial ability to operate the football club.

We do not know what the possible repercussions of abandoning the policy of owner neutrality are, but we have to assume that they exist on a range of ‘no change’ to ‘the Club abandoning all contact with the Trust’.

Q9. Would you like the Trust to abandon its policy of owner neutrality? *

Yes - abandon the policy of owner neutrality - the Trust needs to take a stronger stand on Mr Chansiri's running of the Club

No - maintain the policy of owner neutrality

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Whitechapel Owl said:

One of the questions

Since our inception, the Trust has released many statements that contain robust criticism of the Chairman and his running of the Club. Despite this, the Trust has been studious in maintaining owner neutrality, our interventions in the debate through statements and media appearances been focused on securing positive changes in the way that the Club operates, rather than focussing on individuals.

We receive many representations from members asking us to re-consider our policy of owner neutrality. Their belief is that the Chairman presents an existential threat to the future of the Club, and have genuine concern regarding his leadership and financial ability to operate the football club.

We do not know what the possible repercussions of abandoning the policy of owner neutrality are, but we have to assume that they exist on a range of ‘no change’ to ‘the Club abandoning all contact with the Trust’.

Yes - abandon the policy of owner neutrality - the Trust needs to take a stronger stand on Mr Chansiri's running of the Club

I'd imagine the whole point of the trust is to have a voice to DC from the fans. To jeopardise this and alienate him from the trust would be counterproductive. Yet he had to know we are seriously unhappy with his 'leadership' or lack of. hmmmmmm good question

• Like 2

I’d urge fellow fans to join the trust. You may not agree with its structure or even everything it stands for but, it represents the single best opportunity for a unified voice against the existential threat that is this owner.

• Like 9

The Trust must surely move against Chansiri as soon as possible, unless they know of something most of us don't regarding unpaid wages, late accounts, season ticket refunds etc.. 

The kid gloves approach has been tried, I was even in favour of it when I thought the Chairman could at least keep our club afloat, but the silence from him has been deafening while the house falls around us all. 

This vote is only going one way. Its time to get it out there in the local and national press that we don't have any faith left in him at all. Not one bit.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Whitechapel Owl said:

One of the questions

Tough one this!  It's either try to talk to him and get re-assurances or total all out anarchy;  should be a c) give him 2 weeks to attend a meeting and spill the beans, if not then all out attack

The trust hasn't been robust in criticism at all. It has bent down to chansiri. Let's hope the trust stops playing at commitees and having meetings about meetings, and actually gets on with what's in the best interests of the club, not it's own standing.

i believe in it, i'm a member, but it has to change it's approach to him. They've kissed his backside too long and spent too much time pontificating over the language of their messages.

• Like 2
  • Love 2
  • Haha 2

I put to move against Chansiri, but also not to seek potential investors.  I don't want another Ken Bates scenario.  I put to move towards fan ownership.

I also put to keep up with the engagement meetings for whatever good that will do, better in than out even if they are a waste of time.

Can't remember the rest, but doing nothing presents the biggest risk to the future of our club.

• Like 1

Guest Hornsby
7 hours ago, Whitechapel Owl said:

One of the questions

Yes, unless he offers Trust chance to have club shares.

Like 108 Trusts do in UK clubs.

23 minutes ago, Kopparberg said:

Tend to agree with this, but that’d be giving a deadline to a man that doesn’t do deadlines. 

He can’t spill the beans mate, if he publicly acknowledged how precarious our position is he’d have to throw the towel in. As it stands my guess is he intends to continue to trade from a position of insolvency*. If you can’t pay your debts on time you are insolvent in the eyes of the law.

* And insolently @Grandad lol

Edited by Morepork
  • Haha 1