What happens after we’re liquidated?

So, if/when we’re liquidated, what happens then? How likely is it that we reform in the lower leagues, say 8th or 9th tier? Maybe a ground share with Sheffield FC at their new stadium they’re having built at Meadowhead? 

Just wondering what our most likely options will be.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Pughies Jockstrap said:

But we are such a massive club. Surely not.

The game has changed. It’s just a business now. Sadly, us and many others have been living outside their means for many years. It’s only a matter of time before it catches up with you. And it’s looking like we’ll be the first big club to go under. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, NeonLeon said:

I think the majority of people are tired of SWFC currently. Makes me seriously doubt any realistic chances of a phoenix club happening. 

Where would the money come from for a start. 

Between covid and Chansiri we're all just weary.

Him letting the speculation and news go unchecked is exhausting tho..

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, NeonLeon said:

I think the majority of people are tired of SWFC currently. Makes me seriously doubt any realistic chances of a phoenix club happening. 

Where would the money come from for a start. 

Surely SWFC reforming in the lower leagues would be a great investment opportunity for somebody? Knowing if they can get them climbing the leagues the potential is always going to be huge due to the fanbase.

Edited by LetsMoveOn
  • Like 3

Once it goes, it's gone as far as I'm concerned. The history of the club will be gone. Clubs that start again aren't the same club. When it inevitably happens, I'll be finished with football and will focus on other hobbies, interests and more important things than sport. 

• Like 7
  • Love 2

3 minutes ago, LetsMoveOn said:

The game has changed. It’s just a business now. Sadly, us and many others have been living outside their means for many years. It’s only a matter of time before it catches up with you. And it’s looking like we’ll be the first big club to go under. 

That’s just what I was thinking

Football has been waiting to implode for a while

I remember talking about it a few years ago and no disrespect to Bury or Macclesfield but I thought a big club would go to the wall and the football world would really take note

Never thought that big club could be us

It’s so sad

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, LetsMoveOn said:

Part of the problem, this constant obsession about being a big club…

What does it matter? 

Answer… doesn’t matter one bit, end result will be pay the bills or go the same way as Macclesfield.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

6 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Sorry but if it goes, it’s gone , that’s it for me 

Same.

I can't magically sum up the support for another club or some phoenix side.

I'd be done with the whole f*cking thing 

Edited by SiJ
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Maddogbob said:

I'm undecided in that respect. 

I think fans emotions are all over the place at the moment. No reaction or statement from the club is making all of this worse. We need some clarification of what the hell is going on, otherwise speculation is just causing a ripple of anxiety through the fanbase. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, LetsMoveOn said:

I think fans emotions are all over the place at the moment. No reaction or statement from the club is making all of this worse. We need some clarification of what the hell is going on, otherwise speculation is just causing a ripple of anxiety through the fanbase. 

I'm quite into grassroots these days. I could possibly do more and might look to that if I'm honest.

I agree, with covid on top of this we are all over the place with what's going on and no official club line.

• Like 1