PFA want all players to submit claims for lost money

2 hours ago, adelphi1867 said:

Or maybe the club should be claiming against the players for not showing up?.

You know, "It does what it say's on the Box".

The Players were contracted to do what they were supposed to do?.

Yeah!!!

ALL THIS IS 100% DEFINITELY ALL THE PLAYERS FAULT

(And Garry Monk, Lee Bullen, Seth Bennett and The Star)

• Like 5

Owlstalk Shop

Guest Hornsby
3 hours ago, Pieman said:

If we believe we owe £12m in wages, then circa £5mn to £6mn of that will go to the tax man as NI and PAYE. If the club do not pay that element to HMRC, then they would seek to liquidate the club, at which point they could recover some of their lost revenue from the sale of our assets e.g. our lawn mowers, computers, any company assets. That would be the main trigger for administration and to seek a buyer for all our ‘assets’ as a whole.

We have three main ‘assets’: our ground; our training ground; our brand and professional status (future revenue generation). We no longer own the ground. I don’t believe we own our training ground outright? So, D Day for Chansiri is arriving soon. His main bargaining chip at present is Hillsborough. Any new buyer would need to purchase back or agree a rental agreement with him...

Club already has a rental agreement with stadium owner, S3 ltd.

£3 million a year for 30 years.

Hammers pay £2.5 annually.

13 hours ago, Hornsby said:

Club already has a rental agreement with stadium owner, S3 ltd.

£3 million a year for 30 years.

Hammers pay £2.5 annually.

Chansiri (Bless him), knocked ours down to £2.5m/year IIRC.  The 30 years @ £3m came from the EFL document, which was later shown to be wrong in the actual accounts produced later.

I think when you take a neutral view on SWFC-Hillsborough-Sheffield 3 Ltd, you can't help but feeling like it's a complete stich up.  The people on both sides of the contract are effectively the same people (ok, one is the missus), and it makes one business (SWFC) unsustainable without the other (a football stadium), and ties SWFC in to a contract that is well beyond the value of the asset, whoever is in charge of SWFC.

Hillsborough valued at £22m for years, suddenly Wednesday are tied in to an agreement to pay for it at £77m. 

• Like 1

Guest Grandad
2 minutes ago, Manwë said:

Hillsborough valued at £22m for years, suddenly Wednesday are tied in to an agreement to pay for it at £77m. 

and still not own it

Let hope DC can borrow the money for the wages, lots of players off the books at end of month so that will be less to pay out.

After that we need to start attracting players but i can see Bannan and Windass going to raise more money, Borner may have already gone

4 minutes ago, Shetland Owl said:

Let hope DC can borrow the money for the wages, lots of players off the books at end of month so that will be less to pay out.

After that we need to start attracting players but i can see Bannan and Windass going to raise more money, Borner may have already gone

Screenshot 2021-06-07 at 10.08.27.jpg

Owlstalk Shop

9 minutes ago, Shetland Owl said:

Bannan needs to go. If he is on the reported 27k a WEEK, he must go ASAP. 

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

That's the reason he singed a new contract.

He would have left for nowt at the end of June, now he is worth a few Bob.

That is why I respect the man.

44 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

Agree, but I don't think thats accurate for his new deal. Usually players in their 30s prioritise length of contract.

2 hours ago, Grandad said:

and still not own it

I don't know if that's true or owt, I've not seen anything to suggest it stays with Sheffield 3 Ltd or back to Wednesday in 2048.  (2048, I'll be 70!).

Guest Hornsby
2 hours ago, Manwë said:

Chansiri (Bless him), knocked ours down to £2.5m/year IIRC.  The 30 years @ £3m came from the EFL document, which was later shown to be wrong in the actual accounts produced later.

I think when you take a neutral view on SWFC-Hillsborough-Sheffield 3 Ltd, you can't help but feeling like it's a complete stich up.  The people on both sides of the contract are effectively the same people (ok, one is the missus), and it makes one business (SWFC) unsustainable without the other (a football stadium), and ties SWFC in to a contract that is well beyond the value of the asset, whoever is in charge of SWFC.

Many thanks, great update.

Wonder what happens to S3 if stadium listed as Community Asset.

For me , that's material , forcing revaluation back down to £22 million, thus £4O million loss for this firm.

Maybe club can then get back cheaply via fire sale.

Anyway, am supporting Trust when application goes to Council.

Big week for the club, If wages aren’t paid expect points deduction, announcement soon possibly this week, mediation with the PFA to be held  if this fails then the dominoes will fall, and the repercussions could further devastate the club....so this will be a big week for the future regardless. 

Edited by BrucieBonus

On 06/06/2021 at 15:10, WalthamOwl said:

think it would force administration if they did? 

Got to stand up for what's right... And chansiri and his vvankstsin advisor aren't. 

Sometimes you have to hit bottom before you can rebuild. We can't rebuild with these two at the helm.