PFA want all players to submit claims for lost money

2 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

think it would force administration if they did? 

Creditors can force administration if they remain unpaid. An unpaid player is a creditor so, yes, it could happen but would be separate to them just reporting it to the EFL.

4 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Not sure but players just putting in a claim is just/only that

If Chansiri then pays up as a result there will be no admin

Yep, like I said above a creditor/player owed money would have to force the issue and could put the club in admin if they remained unpaid. Would be more likely to happen if they acted collectively than individually.

31 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Not sure but players just putting in a claim is just/only that

If Chansiri then pays up as a result there will be no admin

But let's be honest, he won't pay up, will he?

We are on the one way ticket to oblivion IMHO.

• Like 5

46 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

what would force admin in your opinion? 

If we believe we owe £12m in wages, then circa £5mn to £6mn of that will go to the tax man as NI and PAYE. If the club do not pay that element to HMRC, then they would seek to liquidate the club, at which point they could recover some of their lost revenue from the sale of our assets e.g. our lawn mowers, computers, any company assets. That would be the main trigger for administration and to seek a buyer for all our ‘assets’ as a whole.

We have three main ‘assets’: our ground; our training ground; our brand and professional status (future revenue generation). We no longer own the ground. I don’t believe we own our training ground outright? So, D Day for Chansiri is arriving soon. His main bargaining chip at present is Hillsborough. Any new buyer would need to purchase back or agree a rental agreement with him...

22 minutes ago, Bing Cosby said:

But let's be honest, he won't pay up, will he?

We are on the one way ticket to oblivion IMHO.

Not sure he won't, i think he cant but i agree were snookered 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, S36 OWL said:

EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM should be putting in a claim. 

Or maybe the club should be claiming against the players for not showing up?.

You know, "It does what it say's on the Box".

The Players were contracted to do what they were supposed to do?.

• Love 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Pieman said:

If we believe we owe £12m in wages, then circa £5mn to £6mn of that will go to the tax man as NI and PAYE. If the club do not pay that element to HMRC, then they would seek to liquidate the club, at which point they could recover some of their lost revenue from the sale of our assets e.g. our lawn mowers, computers, any company assets. That would be the main trigger for administration and to seek a buyer for all our ‘assets’ as a whole.

We have three main ‘assets’: our ground; our training ground; our brand and professional status (future revenue generation). We no longer own the ground. I don’t believe we own our training ground outright? So, D Day for Chansiri is arriving soon. His main bargaining chip at present is Hillsborough. Any new buyer would need to purchase back or agree a rental agreement with him...

Forgive me if this sounds stupid but if the club goes into liquidation, could Mr Chansiri sell the ground and training ground for development and recoup some of his losses? 

20 minutes ago, pOWLtergeist said:

Forgive me if this sounds stupid but if the club goes into liquidation, could Mr Chansiri sell the ground and training ground for development and recoup some of his losses? 

The ground definitely. It’s owned by a different company and not SWFC. Anyone buying SWFC would consider Hillsborough as part of the ‘package’. Selling Hillsborough as brownfield for say, housing development, wouldn’t fetch anywhere near as much as selling it to a prospective owner of SWFC. The council could also reject any planning permission, making its resale value next to nothing. I’m sure eventually a smart buyer would find a way around this, so definitely an option for DC.

I don’t know about the training ground. I remember someone saying the council had some hold over the land.

• Like 1