Players Owed £12m & Possible Points Deduction

Just now, One De Bilde said:

Chansiri is obviously an utter disgrace, however as are the EFL. They are allowing these charlatans to buy historically important clubs and run them into the ground. It is atrocious what is being allowed to happen here and elsewhere, with what happened at Wigan even more disgusting than what is happening here. F.uck off Chansiri.

While I understand the frustration, what are the EFL to do?

There's no way they could have foreseen he would manage the club this badly when he he took over in 2014 (2015?), and for them to start actively dictating how he can run his own business would be an abhorrence. Plenty find the rules regarding P&S intrusive enough, without them going even further into dictating how a club conducts its business.

I don't think it's helpful to deflect where the entirety of your emotional strength should be pointing... purely IMO 

• Like 8

Just now, Ray Von shabba said:

But the players that have left and not been paid won't give one will they.

Good point that - the players who technically leave on 30 June will probably have to take SWFC to a civil claims court.

Guest Kagoshimaowl
19 minutes ago, 83owl said:

Monk out

Was still the right decision regardless of everything else

Guest Mcguigan
3 minutes ago, One De Bilde said:

Chansiri is obviously an utter disgrace, however as are the EFL. They are allowing these charlatans to buy historically important clubs and run them into the ground. It is atrocious what is being allowed to happen here and elsewhere, with what happened at Wigan even more disgusting than what is happening here. F.uck off Chansiri.

Hindsight is a wonderful isn’t it.

Just now, StudentOwl said:

While I understand the frustration, what are the EFL to do?

There's no way they could have foreseen he would manage the club this badly when he he took over in 2014 (2015?), and for them to start actively dictating how he can run his own business would be an abhorrence. Plenty find the rules regarding P&S intrusive enough, without them going even further into dictating how a club conducts its business.

I don't think it's helpful to deflect where the entirety of your emotional strength should be pointing... purely IMO 

Good point well made. The blue and white glasses clouded my judgement on this one. It's just so bloody disappointing 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

17 minutes ago, wellbeaten-the-owl said:

Not that I'm doubting the story or anything but how can we possibly owe the players approximately 50% or more of the entire year's wage budget for two months underpaid wages?

Think the story is stretching the truth somewhat

It's been happening since December 2019  its not just a couple of months. 

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, One De Bilde said:

Not this again. How could the EFL's fit & proper test possibly predict that Chansiri was going to spend money that the club didn't have, and then keep on spending it?

This is on him, first and foremost, then his advisors. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Sheff74 said:

Not this again. How could the EFL's fit & proper test possibly predict that Chansiri was going to spend money that the club didn't have, and then keep on spending it?

This is on him, first and foremost, then his advisors. 

Already said above I've seen the error of my ways 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Southie_Owl said:

My first child is due tomorrow, amazing timing to think my football club might not exist in the same month my child arrives.  Looks like they won’t be made to be a wednesdayite from birth. Maybe they are the lucky one! 😄

Congratulations mate, enjoy the wonderful experience.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Southie_Owl said:

My first child is due tomorrow, amazing timing to think my football club might not exist in the same month my child arrives.  Looks like they won’t be made to be a wednesdayite from birth. Maybe they are the lucky one! 😄

Congratulations mate 

• Like 1

Media have got it in for us.  If they supported the club like they should be, they'd be reporting that it's the players that owe Wednesday £12m.

Ever since Chansiri got an extra 80p from the BBC (boom, putting the BBC in its place), the media have ganged up on us.  

• Haha 4

13 minutes ago, S1Owl said:

The players approaching efl is like them stabbing themselves in foot for next season as they'll get points deducted. No players concern for club just care about lining pockets. 

I take it you haven't read the article then.

• Like 1