Players Owed £12m & Possible Points Deduction

Guest Smackavolley
5 minutes ago, Basement Jack said:

No it’s worse than that

If those figures are correct it’s game over. We are essentially insolvent 

Potentially you will not only see Wednesday in league 2 you won’t see them as we know now in any league

Correct. 

This is going way past an administration scenario.

Unless we hear something positive and I ain’t holding my breath, it looks like this is being done on purpose.

Two fingers to everyone.

😔😔🤬

Our latest reported wage bill was £19m, averaging over a 25 man squad, taking into account part payments of £7kpm, suggests an amount owing for 4 months would be around £4.2m.

Not quite as dramatic at £12m but still an alarming amount of money 

3 minutes ago, Salmonbones said:

I don't know much about this area, but are football fans who are owed money from unused season tickets considered creditors?  As such, could they issue a winding up order?  Would that force something done?    Could fans join together to do this as a joint claim?

I imagine the administrators would deal with the individual liabilities - so the £200/£300 here and there would join a long list but probably near the bottom - I imagine the boiler maintenance company comes above ST holders...

29 minutes ago, Hornsby said:

£12 million is Administration.

Its not administration, all football creaditors have to be paid in full, even if we go into administration.

As for all other creditors, its all to Chansiri, what's he going to do pay himself 20p in the £1?

• Like 3

Just now, Animis said:

I imagine the administrators would deal with the individual liabilities - so the £200/£300 here and there would join a long list but probably near the bottom - I imagine the boiler maintenance company comes above ST holders...

Heck mate, if admin occurs, my invested money is the least of my issues.   

My thought process, slightly skewed is are we able to force Mr Chansiri to action? 

I wouldn't want anyone to go down the route of actually allowing the club to cease to be, yet sadly that is right now something I can't get out of my head may happen.

I’m not one for wanting to know every last little detail about the club but if we are on the verge of extinction then surely at the very least we need some sort of communication from the club telling us how it is?

Not expecting one though. Sad as it is if we were to go to the wall, I suspect it wouldn’t bother me as much as I think it might’ve done. I hardly go anymore and I’m just fed up of the constant negativity  that seems to follow the club every day, every match and every week. Following a consistently badly run club (which we have been for the last 30 years, Mandaric year’s excepted) has been p!$$!ng me and I’m sure many others off for years?

• Like 2

It’s looking like a points deduction would be about the best case scenario given the seriousness of our predicament.

£12m in unpaid wages and bonuses. It’s like nobody at the club has any oversight of contracts and financial commitments. I feel we’d have been in a similar situation without Covid. 

We may as well be run by toddlers.......

13 minutes ago, TbagMcgraw said:

Chansiri alluded to us being screwed a couple of years ago didn't he if we didn't get promotion...at least he got that right. Just no idea it would be as bad as its got! 

How the hell can he get away unscathed after all this mess, whilst the fans and club take all the punishment....sick of it!

Not sure how you work out DC gets away unscathed? Think he may have lost a few quid over the years he's been in charge with little chance of recouping anything from a potential sale of the club.

All his fault given his appalling management of the club but to claim he's suffering no punishment is totally untrue.

5 minutes ago, striker said:

Our latest reported wage bill was £19m, averaging over a 25 man squad, taking into account part payments of £7kpm, suggests an amount owing for 4 months would be around £4.2m.

Not quite as dramatic at £12m but still an alarming amount of money 

Where is 19m reported?

Just checked the accounts up to 31st July 2019 and the wage bill was 32m

25 minutes ago, striker said:

Isn't it 4months in total  they've not been paid in full? If £12m owed that would make our wage bill in excess of £36m?

Doesn't seem right, particularly as part wage payments of £7k have been reportedly made 

...plus the article implies it's only those players still at the club that are affected. Given we only have about 6 players our wage bill and bonus structure must be absolutely MASSIVE. 

Oh, and which club agrees to pay player bonuses in a season ending in relegation. FFS

• Like 1

1 minute ago, yeadonowl said:

Where is 19m reported?

Just checked the accounts up to 31st July 2019 and the wage bill was 32m

Did a Google search to get an estimate. Nobody knows the actual figure as Chansiri doesn't file accounts. Seemed reasonable after two consecutive summers of shedding high earners from those 2019  figures. 

I stand to be corrected, but don't believe we had a 25 man squad, earning  an average of c£28k pw for the season just ended, which would support the £12m figure quoted by the Sun.

• Haha 1