Players Owed £12m & Possible Points Deduction

22 minutes ago, WBridgfordowl said:

Whether it’s £12m or 50p is irrelevant. We don’t have the funds to pay our outstanding commitments and even if we did, there’s no way the business is sustainable going forward. 

Administration is not an answer as many think. In this case it could very easily lead to the business being dissolved because of the lack of sufficient income. 

im really struggling to see a way out of this. 

Exactly. We are just arguing amongst ourselves about how big the hole is in the Titanic when the real issue is the Captain keeps steering us into icebergs. The end result is the same. 

• Like 2
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 2

As he owns the assets in a separate company he may well choose to put the club into administration to clear all debts owed to creditors (tax/players/suppliers/ST holders) and buy the club back from the administrators.

Obvious points deduction again by EFL  but he could save £12m+ by doing this.

I can’t see another strategy at the moment, with the stance his family is taking.

Edited by toooldforthis

Guest Mcguigan
15 minutes ago, WBridgfordowl said:

Whether it’s £12m or 50p is irrelevant. We don’t have the funds to pay our outstanding commitments and even if we did, there’s no way the business is sustainable going forward. 

Administration is not an answer as many think. In this case it could very easily lead to the business being dissolved because of the lack of sufficient income. 

im really struggling to see a way out of this. 

The grounds not ours, I don’t think Middlewood road is ours and our playing staff has very limited sell on value. 

We do have some ground maintenance machinery but I think that’s it. Administration would be pointless if there are no funds to rescue the club.

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

You’re right mate

Anytime someone goes to work to ‘line their pockets’ but don’t get paid should be just grateful for the opportunity to work for nothing and have their mortgage, rent, car payments etc all fail 

I’m sure you agree that if it was you going to work to ‘line your pockets’ there should be no real obligation for you to get paid what you were promised 

You’d be fine with that I’m sure

What with you ‘lining your pockets’ n that 

If I could afford it and most players aren't too skint and for the good of the club I would be fine with it. 

• Haha 1

Just now, toooldforthis said:

As he owns the assets in a separate company he may well choose to put the club into administration to clear all debts owed to creditors (tax/players/suppliers/ST holders) and buy the club back from the administrators.

Obvious points deduction again by EFL  but he could save £12+ by doing this.

I can’t see another strategy at the moment, with the stance his family is taking.

If he did that it wouldn't take too many years before he ran us into the ground again. He must be one of the least qualified people to run the club on the planet. Absolute joker with no expertise or knowledge and absolutely no interest to listen to anyone other than his leech of an advisor. It'll happen all the time whilst he is here. He isn't going to change. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, modboy said:

every fan should ask for refunds on monies owed to them or you are just financing this madness as its not like ST revenue is ring fenced for wages etc (which imo it should be)

St income only around 6 million according to the accounts,with tickets rolling over from previous seasons, & fans reluctance where refunds have been paid to re attend,(plus further refunds)his income for season 21/22 will be negligible.

Only way out of this for the fans/supporters/Club is for the Chairman to sell....I have said many times and got slated for it by some,the Q you have to ask yourself is,if i continue attending am I part of the solution,or part of the problem???

What message will continuing(relative) high attendances send to the Chairman??

Both fair Q i believe.....I genuinely now think the future of our Club is at stake,previously the only creditor was allegedly the Chairman him self,now if the storys accurate, we owe 12 Million to others(players)..

Potential further EFL sanctions in the pipeline?.another relegation battle before a ball has been kicked?

will DM reassess his position before the season starts? where the ******** does this all end???

2 hours ago, One De Bilde said:

Chansiri is obviously an utter disgrace, however as are the EFL. They are allowing these charlatans to buy historically important clubs and run them into the ground. It is atrocious what is being allowed to happen here and elsewhere, with what happened at Wigan even more disgusting than what is happening here. F.uck off Chansiri.

Why are the EFL a disgrace ?

Chansiri passed all the tests they set and he obviously had more than enough money available at first to get us promoted. 

Also see the York video all our fans from young kids to blokes in their 50's slavering over him thinking Wednesday had won the lottery.

There is only one person to blame and its not EFL. 

• Like 2
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 1

The points deduction last season completely wrecked the season. Another deduction will wreck another with little chance of making progress. What an absolute mess. DC has run the club into the ground, alienated the fanbase and has wasted a sizeable fortune whilst putting the future of the club at risk.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 0114 said:

Sheffield Wednesday players are wanted by the PFA to ‘submit claims for missing wages and bonuses’, reports The Sun on Sunday (06/06/21, pg. 63), as it’s been revealed that they’re owed upwards of £12million by the club.

Sheffield Wednesday players have been paid less than what they are owed, and with some having ‘end-of-season loyalty payments’ which have not been paid, for the past four months now.

That’s according to a report in The Sun on Sunday this morning, with Alan Nixon reporting that the Owls playing staff are wanted by the PFA to submit claims regarding their underpayments as rows over wage rumble on at the club.

‘Insiders’ have revealed to The Sun on Sunday that the total amount owed to the players is £12million – and it ‘has to be paid or the players can approach the EFL to complain’, writes Nixon, who then writes how a complaint could lead to a possible points penalty next season.

The players though are thought to be ‘reluctant’ in taking that action, whereas those who’ve already left ‘have no such concerns on that front’.

https://the72.co.uk/238264/sheffield-wednesday-points-penalty-possible-as-report-reveals-eight-figure-sum-owed-to-players/

Stopped reading at bonuses!!!!!!!!!!

8 minutes ago, toooldforthis said:

Obvious points deduction again by EFL  but he could save £12m+ by doing this.

Surely that can't be legal.

1 hour ago, Royal_D said:

Where do players sit in terms of been paid out in Administration ?

They are classed as 'super creditors' and would be the first in line even b4 HMRC ..that plus the PFA guarantee their wages are paid,either way,its nailed on

1 hour ago, the monk said:

Strange how the mindset of fans has changed to almost wanting bad news 

It hasn’t at all though

The only people who would think that are fan blamers

STOP BLAMING OUR FANS

ARE FANS HAVE DONE NOTHING WRONG

OUR FANS TURN UP IN THEIR THOUSANDS

OUR FANS STUMP UP THEIR HARD EARNED MONEY ON SEASON TICKETS, MATCHDAY TICKETS AND MERCHANDISE

OUR FANS HAVE PUT SERIOUS MONEY AND TIME AND LOYALTY INTO THIS CLUB

OUR FANS HAVE NOT CREATED ANY OF THIS 

NONE OF IT

OUR FANS ARE NOT TO BLAME

If anyone wants to try and blame our fans for any of this mess then please go on Bladesmad and post it where it will be welcomed, lapped up and enjoyed

Don’t anyone ever be coming on here to blame our fans for this mess or even moaning about this mess 

• Love 1
  • Thanks 3

Owlstalk Shop

I’m not a wealthy man so it’s easy for me to stop giving the club my money, but those that have more disposable income should seriously consider not putting another penny into this club while this clown shoe is in charge. 

Even with people gagging to get back and watch live football as a fan base we should refrain. 

something needs to be done 

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

It hasn’t at all though

The only people who would think that are fan blamers

STOP BLAMING OUR FANS

ARE FANS HAVE DONE NOTHING WRONG

OUR FANS TURN UP IN THEIR THOUSANDS

OUR FANS STUMP UP THEIR HARD EARNED MONEY ON SEASON TICKETS, MATCHDAY TICKETS AND MERCHANDISE

OUR FANS HAVE PUT SERIOUS MONEY AND TIME AND LOYALTY INTO THIS CLUB

OUR FANS HAVE NOT CREATED ANY OF THIS 

NONE OF IT

OUR FANS ARE NOT TO BLAME

If anyone wants to try and blame our fans for any of this mess then please go on Bladesmad and post it where it will be welcomed, lapped up and enjoyed

Don’t anyone ever be coming on here to blame our fans for this mess or even moaning about this mess 

Even after day after day of these stories coming out the minority of Chansiri still refuse to see what's happening.