Players Owed £12m & Possible Points Deduction

2 hours ago, 0114 said:

Sheffield Wednesday players are wanted by the PFA to ‘submit claims for missing wages and bonuses’, reports The Sun on Sunday (06/06/21, pg. 63), as it’s been revealed that they’re owed upwards of £12million by the club.

Sheffield Wednesday players have been paid less than what they are owed, and with some having ‘end-of-season loyalty payments’ which have not been paid, for the past four months now.

That’s according to a report in The Sun on Sunday this morning, with Alan Nixon reporting that the Owls playing staff are wanted by the PFA to submit claims regarding their underpayments as rows over wage rumble on at the club.

‘Insiders’ have revealed to The Sun on Sunday that the total amount owed to the players is £12million – and it ‘has to be paid or the players can approach the EFL to complain’, writes Nixon, who then writes how a complaint could lead to a possible points penalty next season.

The players though are thought to be ‘reluctant’ in taking that action, whereas those who’ve already left ‘have no such concerns on that front’.

https://the72.co.uk/238264/sheffield-wednesday-points-penalty-possible-as-report-reveals-eight-figure-sum-owed-to-players/

End of season loyalty 😂

Guest LondonOwl313
1 minute ago, prowl said:

2018/19 squad players no longer with us

David Jones

Josh Onomah

Steven Fletcher

Atdhe nuhiu

George Boyd

Keiran Lee

Marco Mathias

Almen Abdi

Michael Hector

Lucas Joao

Sam Winnall

Gary Hooper.

Forestieri

Morgan Fox

I think I've got that about right. There may be more

Just when you think you’ve remembered them all someone else thinks of some other no mark players who was on 20-30k a week. That’s how badly we’re run.

Its probably over £300k a week saved vs 2018/19 in total. Plus need to deduct from that the wages of the players brought in since.

Net reduction in the wage bill has to be about £200k or £10m a year 

1 minute ago, LondonOwl313 said:

Plus Joao, and Bruce and his coaching team who will have been on 3-4x what Moore is on.

I can count about £250k a week there, or £13m a season. 

Yup. Just can’t fathom how it could possibly be anywhere near £12 million.

Yes, we’ve had ongoing issues since Dec 2019, but according to numerous reports the monthly wages issues were always settled up. It only seems to be the last 3 months where there’s some salary plus bonus payments due.

I think someone has misplaced a decimal point.

7 minutes ago, Daavies; said:

I think this might be the beginning of the end. I've never hated my club more than i do right now and that's a very sad thing. I'm 26 and i can remember 3 good seasons of football since i started following SWFC at around 6/7 years old. My parents have seen FA cup finals, League cup victories, european football and even finishing 3rd in the top division. I just hope my kids, in a few years, have a much more pleasurable experience supporting this club than I have. This is the 2nd time i fear for the existence for our club and i'm not even 30 yet.

At 50 you'll just accept it as "The way it is"

At 60 bad results ,humiliation, is water off a Ducks back and you laugh at the club 

While deep down you think "Oh FFS"!!

It doesn’t state whether the £12m is gross or nett but if  it is anywhere close to being accurate it must be getting to the point that it probably doesn’t matter whether it’s £12m or £20m. When the money has run out , it has run out. I’m not sure he could even give it away now such are the liabilities that have to be funded in the coming months.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Animis said:

My worry is until we get a serious investor, this will be the pattern - a fire sale L1/Championship yo-yo club.

While this idiot is running the show we there will be no yo yo between the championship and league 1, we will be lucky if we aren't a league 2 club in the very near future.

Whether it's 12 million, or 1.2 million, the fact is the club isn't paying players salaries and faces the very real threat of points deductions, league expulsion and extinction. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, wellbeaten-the-owl said:

2019 released:

Almen Abdi, George Boyd, Gary Hooper, David Jones, Marco Matias and Daniel Pudil 

Morgan Fox, FF, Fletcher, winall

Some serious wages saved since 2019 accounts

Let's call the 2019 departures at ~£140k p/w and 2020 at ~£90k. Gives us ~£230k saved.

We've signed since then Luongo ~£15k, Harris ~£10k, Börner ~£10k, Odubajo ~£10k, Windass ~£15k, Paterson ~£10k, Dunkley ~£10k, Kachunga ~£10k... never mind all the other signings which would cost a few grand p/w each AND the loan signings of Brown, Flint etc. That we know would have cost ~£10k p/w each... straight away you can probably conservatively say all of those will add up to ~£130k p/w.

So actually, we've "only" saved ~£100k p/w, or ~£5m per year.

I'd expect wage bill to be close to £25 million. Never mind the compensation we've had to pay for about three different manager teams in the last year.

At the height of our spending, and the only last available figures up until July 2018, the staff wages were £42.5m.

Even if we say we've cut that by 40% since then it's still significant amount per month or quarter.

Guest LondonOwl313
1 minute ago, StudentOwl said:

Let's call the 2019 departures at ~£140k p/w and 2020 at ~£90k. Gives us ~£230k saved.

We've signed since then Luongo ~£15k, Harris ~£10k, Börner ~£10k, Odubajo ~£10k, Windass ~£15k, Paterson ~£10k, Dunkley ~£10k, Kachunga ~£10k... never mind all the other signings which would cost a few grand p/w each AND the loan signings of Brown, Flint etc. That we know would have cost ~£10k p/w each... straight away you can probably conservatively say all of those will add up to ~£130k p/w.

So actually, we've "only" saved ~£100k p/w, or ~£5m per year.

I'd expect wage bill to be close to £25 million. Never mind the compensation we've had to pay for about three different manager teams in the last year.

Abdi £35k

Hooper £30k

Boyd £30k

Jones £20k

Joao £20k

Matias £15k

Fletcher £35k

Forestieri £35k

Bruce £40k

Clemence £10k

Agnew £10k

Nuhui £15k

Lee £15k

Pudil £15k

Hector £15k

Thats £340k a week saved, unless I’m way off on the wages.

Agree on the outlay.. so reckon about £10m a year saved.

2 minutes ago, RichieB said:

Even if its not £12m, it'll run well into 7 figures, and no more money is forthcoming from our glorious leader. 

We're fuccked. 

Exactly. 

There is no money. The daft tw@t has maxed out his current account and the f*cking overdraft. 

Looking forward to not having a football club to support this upcoming season. 

• Like 1

The £12 million and "upwards" is a moot figure.

But there's something I don't understand.

Why are the PFA "wanting" figures from players?

Does this mean that they're investigating because of a player complaint specifically?

Surely if they'd been called in by a player (s) then these numbers would be known.

13 minutes ago, LondonOwl313 said:

Plus Joao, and Bruce and his coaching team who will have been on 3-4x what Moore is on.

I can count about £250k a week there, or £13m a season. 

There might be 250k a week there but we have replaced these players, managers and coaches

The net value of decrease in wages is not 250k per week

1 minute ago, Costello 77 said:

The £12 million and "upwards" is a moot figure.

But there's something I don't understand.

Why are the PFA "wanting" figures from players?

Does this mean that they're investigating because of a player complaint specifically?

Surely if they'd been called in by a player (s) then these numbers would be known.

Presumably if called in by “some” of the players they have the figures for some but not all players  but now want to get a total figure to understand the total size of the problem?

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, sacré bleu said:

Unbelievable Jeff...

Nothing is unbelievable with Chansiri. 

"You couldn't make it up" is also obsolete. 

Just make something bad up and no matter how unbelievably bad it is then it's likely to happen. 

Call the vet. The club needs to be put out of its misery. 

Close it down, get rid of Chansiri and his mate. 

Start again on a Wednesday so we can keep the name. 

THE WEDNESDAY. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, LondonOwl313 said:

Abdi £35k

Hooper £30k

Boyd £30k

Jones £20k

Joao £20k

Matias £15k

Fletcher £35k

Forestieri £35k

Bruce £40k

Clemence £10k

Agnew £10k

Nuhui £15k

Lee £15k

Pudil £15k

Hector £15k

Thats £340k a week saved, unless I’m way off on the wages.

Agree on the outlay.. so reckon about £10m a year saved.

I think it relatively pointless to argue about wages with this level of granularity because variables are so wide... however you're f*cking crackers if you think Clemence and Agnew were pulling in over a million a year between them. They're each earning more than some Championship managers by your reckoning.

Granted, I will give you that my initial "released since 2019" calcs were based on a list which didn't include a lot of names which you've rightly included on there

1 minute ago, kobayashi said:

Presumably if called in by “some” of the players they have the figures for some but not all players  but now want to get a total figure to understand the total size of the problem?

That makes sense.

But there's protocols ..laws even.. that govern how a Union (or Association) can operate in the workplace.

They can't just rock up and start corralling players into a class action.