Players Owed £12m & Possible Points Deduction

9 minutes ago, Blue and white said:

Someone like MM will snap us up for a pittance, turn it around and sell at a profit. Despite the urban myth that everyone is skint and no one is buying football clubs, there are plenty of people out there with plenty of money that will take a punt in Sheffield Wednesday.

Sheffield Wednesday is not Bury.

Who’s buying derby then before they go pop ...  Alonso ? 

1 hour ago, modboy said:

every fan should ask for refunds on monies owed to them or you are just financing this madness as its not like ST revenue is ring fenced for wages etc (which imo it should be)

Been saying this in various threads, why are people willing to accept credit from the club for last seasons season tickets when the club, as it is, might not exist soon

If we go into administration you will lose all your money, get it out now while you can

• Like 3

Strange how the mindset of fans has changed to almost wanting bad news, happy to believe a figure plucked out of thin air by The Sun ( with a few exceptions)

That said obscene amounts of money is/isn't being paid  for what ?

Footballers that struggle to trap a ball,cant pass it back to the thrower without kicking it out of play , cant get a corner to land in the area or in Harris's case the pitch !

As for the keepers if they are paid a grand a week its 800 too much 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, prowl said:

We've lost a lot of big earners from the wage bill since then.

Jones, Pudil, Abdi, Hooper Boyd & Joao were the big earners to leave after the 18/19 accounts showed £32m. 

Say that’s around £125K p/w off the wage bill, that’s only £6.5m a year saved.

Yet that doesn’t include the new signings we made that season like Luongo, Borner, Odubajo, Harris. Neither does that include our expensive loan signing wages of Wickham, Murphy, Da Cruz & Windass. It also doesn’t include Jordan Rhodes wages as he spent the previous season out on loan. 

It’s likely to not have dropped that much in the next years accounts. 

3 minutes ago, the monk said:

Strange how the mindset of fans has changed to almost wanting bad news, happy to believe a figure plucked out of thin air by The Sun ( with a few exceptions)

Well thankfully there’s been no other bad news recently, so I can see why you think it’s too much of a stretch to believe this.

• Haha 7

I think this might be the beginning of the end. I've never hated my club more than i do right now and that's a very sad thing. I'm 26 and i can remember 3 good seasons of football since i started following SWFC at around 6/7 years old. My parents have seen FA cup finals, League cup victories, european football and even finishing 3rd in the top division. I just hope my kids, in a few years, have a much more pleasurable experience supporting this club than I have. This is the 2nd time i fear for the existence for our club and i'm not even 30 yet.

• Like 1

Guest LondonOwl313
1 hour ago, yeadonowl said:

Where is 19m reported?

Just checked the accounts up to 31st July 2019 and the wage bill was 32m

That’s two seasons ago though.. and this report implies the wage bill is now £36m.

We’ve since released Hooper, Abdi, Jones, Boyd, Matias, Pudil, Fletcher, Fox and Forestieri, and replaced them with cheap dross.

The wage bill for 2020/21 probably is more like £19m. 

20 minutes ago, Blue and white said:

Someone like MM will snap us up for a pittance, turn it around and sell at a profit. Despite the urban myth that everyone is skint and no one is buying football clubs, there are plenty of people out there with plenty of money that will take a punt in Sheffield Wednesday.

Sheffield Wednesday is not Bury.

My worry is until we get a serious investor, this will be the pattern - a fire sale L1/Championship yo-yo club.

4 minutes ago, the monk said:

That said obscene amounts of money is/isn't being paid  for what ?

Footballers that struggle to trap a ball,cant pass it back to the thrower without kicking it out of play , cant get a corner to land in the area or in Harris's case the pitch !

As for the keepers if they are paid a grand a week its 800 too much 

Regardless of whether you think the players have earned it, they are entitled to the money because the club entered into a contract with them. 

• Like 2

Guest LondonOwl313
14 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Who’s buying derby then before they go pop ...  Alonso ? 

It has to get to a point where the buyer can come in and pick it up for next to nothing. Milan paid £7m for us didn’t he.

So things have to get worse before someone will take it on. While existing owners ask for £30m or more then the upside is capped and potential buyers just wait 

15 minutes ago, yeadonowl said:

Fletcher and FF maybe but nobody else. That doesn’t equal a 250k a week reduction in the figures

2019 released:

Almen Abdi, George Boyd, Gary Hooper, David Jones, Marco Matias and Daniel Pudil 

Morgan Fox, FF, Fletcher, winall

Some serious wages saved since 2019 accounts

Edited by wellbeaten-the-owl

1 minute ago, bigdan2003 said:

Regardless of whether you think the players have earned it, they are entitled to the money because the club entered into a contract with them. 

I think DC is a trail blazer , paying players what they have earned ! 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, yeadonowl said:

Fletcher and FF maybe but nobody else. That doesn’t equal a 250k a week reduction in the figures

2018/19 squad players no longer with us

David Jones

Josh Onomah

Steven Fletcher

Atdhe nuhiu

George Boyd

Keiran Lee

Marco Mathias

Almen Abdi

Michael Hector

Lucas Joao

Sam Winnall

Gary Hooper.

Forestieri

Morgan Fox

I think I've got that about right. There may be more

Guest LondonOwl313
1 minute ago, wellbeaten-the-owl said:

2019 released:

Almen Abdi, George Boyd, Gary Hooper, David Jones, Marco Matias and Daniel Pudil 

Morgan Fox, FF, Fletcher

Some serious wages saved since 2019 accounts

Plus Joao, and Bruce and his coaching team who will have been on 3-4x what Moore is on.

I can count about £250k a week there, or £13m a season.