Players Owed £12m & Possible Points Deduction

3 minutes ago, Mountain Owl said:

Netflix missed out bigtime when they decided to have Sunderland as the team to do a "Till I die" documentary. Our story is far more outrageous. As bad as it is for us suffeting souls the average footy fan would find it compulsive viewing.

I can’t wait for all the books to come out in ten years and stub everyone out who’s been blaming players, managers, Lee Bullen, barry Bannan, coaching staff, Seth Bennett, Alan Biggs, the EFL etc etc 

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

Is it too much of a stretch to think chansiri is purposely doing things behind the scenes now because he is purely that stubborn.

these issues have been coming for a long time now and over a long time the value of the club has dropped further by the months and days.

yet no doubt he could have sold on at different stages, took his losses and moved on.

but instead he continues to lose more and more money and we end up moving from

one disaster to another. Is he that much of an idiot or is there something else going on? Does he want to actually punish the bad customers?

• Like 1

Just now, bazapeps said:

Is it too much of a stretch to think chansiri is purposely doing things behind the scenes now because he is purely that stubborn.

these issues have been coming for a long time now and over a long time the value of the club has dropped further by the months and days.

yet no doubt he could have sold on at different stages, took his losses and moved on.

one disaster to another. Is he that much of an idiot or is there something else going on? Does he want to actually punish the bad customers?

Not sure he understands that football is different to every other kind of business. Its a massive gamble, you roll the dice and can win or lose big time. However you should only put in what you are prepared to lose as the assets become practically worthless if defeated. The chances of recouperation are practically nil.

5 minutes ago, bazapeps said:

I don't think it's stubborn, I think he's spiteful and vindictive and yes I do think he's doing it on purpose.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Marpals said:

Why are the EFL a disgrace ?

Chansiri passed all the tests they set and he obviously had more than enough money available at first to get us promoted. 

Also see the York video all our fans from young kids to blokes in their 50's slavering over him thinking Wednesday had won the lottery.

There is only one person to blame and its not EFL. 

I already said later on that I was wrong to blame the EFL for our situation, it is purely down to Chansiri. However the Wigan situation is down to the EFL pure and simple, that's why they are a disgrace. 

Guest Hornsby
4 hours ago, jonnyowl said:

Its not administration, all football creaditors have to be paid in full, even if we go into administration.

As for all other creditors, its all to Chansiri, what's he going to do pay himself 20p in the £1?

With refunds and loan repayment soon that's £20 million he clearly ain't gonna pay.

Plus tax no doubt.

He ll keep stadium and £90 million rent or sell for housing,  while club goes under.

And don't forget, he can write off losses here against Thai tax.

We are sunk.

Guest Grandad
3 hours ago, Sefton owl said:

What constitutes good news these days 

No news is good news

Literally

35 minutes ago, JLB99 said:

Not sure if it's been covered already, but don't the financial rules (ffp or whatever it bow is) say that owners can't just pump monies into an club? Isn't there an annual limit to the amount that can be gifted, a percentage of turnover etc? Is it the Club rather than DC who owe the players but lack the funds due to turnover have caused issues?

Wasn't the reason for selling the ground; by the Club, to one of his shell companies an attempt to get around the rules? Yes I know that was a huge mess up!  

Not  trying to defend DC just asking the questions. Like everyone on here, I hope, I want the Club to succeed and rise again with DC or a new owner. 

By agreeing contracts when it comes to FFP the money is regarded as spent anyway. That’s about profit and loss. We clearly have a cash flow issue.

Ungrateful sods. Have you forgotten Wembley? 

Guest Hornsby
1 minute ago, Grandad said:

No news is good news

Literally

£12 million news to me.

Was thinking a couple. Max.

Staggering. Not happening.

19 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

231C48E9-DC7C-45DF-885A-82A5E4B4A60F.jpeg

Not like you to try and belittle people who don't offer anything other than an anti Chansiri suggestion! 

Who was it who said, on numerous occasions, that an insult against DC is not an insult against the Ccub? Therefore aren't the club and DC separate entities? So simple question is the money owed to the players by the Club and not by DC personally? Even if he wanted to/ is capable of paying them personally is he allowed to under the rules set out by EFL? 

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

This post has honestly made my day

Congratulations mate - it’s going to be the start of the best life possible and you’re gonna love it

I wish you and your missus and baby all the best and thanks for posting this good news - it’s made me put aside my absolute disgust for anyone still supporting this chairman and has given me a more positive outlook today 

Exciting times - enjoy!

Cheers mate, we’re a bit nervous but honestly can’t wait for the little one to arrive now. And at least I will have something else to preoccupy my summer than worrying about the fate of our club 🙂

• Like 2