Players Owed £12m & Possible Points Deduction

HVent read through the whole thread, but is it a case of DC isn’t paying up because we’ve been relegated and he doesn’t believe monies are due or he just doesn’t have the cash - if 1st point you wouldn’t blame him BUT if it’s not covered in the contract that this is possible it’s suicide. 

25 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Can't believe this has got to 14 pages already. 

Yesterday a wise man on here predicted that all the outstanding wages would be paid up next week so my advice is to chill out ignore this thread and take a Sunday stroll.

I am doing 

am in Scarborough walking on the seafront ❤️

Owlstalk Shop

5 minutes ago, morganowl said:

the wage bill was 42 million 3 years ago id say last season it will have dropped to just below 30 million as we still had rhodes,westwood,lees bannan etc who were earning between 25-35 k a week . but take out season ticket money and a bit for shirts etc we cant be more than 10million short , if chansiri could afford the 42 million wage bill back then ,why cant he afford it now? the ffp has been used as a reason for 3 years now why he couldnt spend any more but be sounds of it he is bust . 

He also once said he doesn't need the fans' money to run the club, and the line which he spins when he says he has the money but is being 'prevented' by the EFL rules, looks a  nonsense - like most of what he says.

• Like 5

Just now, Animis said:

He also once said he doesn't need the fans' money to run the club, and the line which he spins when he says he has the money but is being 'prevented' by the EFL rules, looks a  nonsense - like most of what he says.

the man clearly is bust ,even the biggest fool going which he largely is wouldn`t risk the club going bust or getting administration and at best we are in league 2. 

• Like 1

You would think if he’d got any intentions of turning it around or funding the black hole, he’d have got ST’s on sale rapido to at least try and claw a tiny bit back 

I think he’s chucked towel in me and exploring ways of getting out 

I miss feeling involved with the club not walking in a stadium with his name plastered all over the stands. 

As I and others have stated on other posts. The silence will remaind until its impossible to hide what is really going on 

It really sounds like this time it's game over. DC and his chums are a disgrace. DC's reign apart from the exciting Wembley season, as been error filled, shambolic and one clueless disaster after another. I don't even think promotion would've solved all these issues neither, we'd have had parachute payments but the recruitment as been abysmal and that reckless and short-sighted we'd still have ended up where we are now, facing administration, going bust and having to start over again.

After years of reckless spending; embargoes, points deductions and mess after mess. I can't see anyway back from this. Even if DC somehow pays up, we're still facing more embargoes; points deductions, administration or relegation. Most of all I feel sorry for all of us fans. It's the fans; the community, loyal staff and surrounding businesses that are and will be most effected by us going out of business. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Southie_Owl said:

My first child is due tomorrow, amazing timing to think my football club might not exist in the same month my child arrives.  Looks like they won’t be made to be a wednesdayite from birth. Maybe they are the lucky one! 😄

Congratulations Southie.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, i used to be sc_owl said:

I don’t think anyone knows if/when they will be. 

Which I’m beginning to think is a sign the owner is in process of bailing out 

7 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Just praying that he is secretly in the process of selling and that’s why he doesn’t want to release any more funds as the new owners are planning to cover the bills when they arrive soon.  In reality, I think we’re skr*wed 

1 hour ago, hasthagotanycheese said:

Im beginning to think that we will never see DC at Hillsborough ever again. That he is cooking up some way out of this that saves him face irrespective of the long term damage he has done to the club.

Can you imagine the crowds reaction if he ever turned up in the director's box?

I think his saving face supercedes the welfare of the football club IMO. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

You would think if he’d got any intentions of turning it around or funding the black hole, he’d have got ST’s on sale rapido to at least try and claw a tiny bit back 

I think he chucked the towel in a few months ago. Not getting a striker in was effectively accepting relegation.

In normal circumstances an owner in his position would take any offer just to get out and stop the losses . DC still wants mega money. Deluded.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Southie_Owl said:

My first child is due tomorrow, amazing timing to think my football club might not exist in the same month my child arrives.  Looks like they won’t be made to be a wednesdayite from birth. Maybe they are the lucky one! 😄

This post has honestly made my day

Congratulations mate - it’s going to be the start of the best life possible and you’re gonna love it

I wish you and your missus and baby all the best and thanks for posting this good news - it’s made me put aside my absolute disgust for anyone still supporting this chairman and has given me a more positive outlook today 

Exciting times - enjoy!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Owlstalk Shop

Netflix missed out bigtime when they decided to have Sunderland as the team to do a "Till I die" documentary. Our story is far more outrageous. As bad as it is for us suffeting souls the average footy fan would find it compulsive viewing.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

Not sure if it's been covered already, but don't the financial rules (ffp or whatever it bow is) say that owners can't just pump monies into an club? Isn't there an annual limit to the amount that can be gifted, a percentage of turnover etc? Is it the Club rather than DC who owe the players but lack the funds due to turnover have caused issues?

Wasn't the reason for selling the ground; by the Club, to one of his shell companies an attempt to get around the rules? Yes I know that was a huge mess up!  

Not  trying to defend DC just asking the questions. Like everyone on here, I hope, I want the Club to succeed and rise again with DC or a new owner. 

• Haha 1