Players Owed £12m & Possible Points Deduction

12 minutes ago, hallam_stallion said:

Yup. Just can’t fathom how it could possibly be anywhere near £12 million.

Yes, we’ve had ongoing issues since Dec 2019, but according to numerous reports the monthly wages issues were always settled up. It only seems to be the last 3 months where there’s some salary plus bonus payments due.

I think someone has misplaced a decimal point.

We have a £20-30m wage bill for its at least £2-3m a month x 4 months seasons about right.

add to that the last filed account for 2019 has a loyalty figure in there of £4.6m presumably only Bannan will be left after this season of those players so the majority of this would be due, minus what was paid last season.

Who puts a loyalty bonus in a footballer contract.

Thank you DC I think every fan can now see why a competent bunch of players on paper, got us relegated when you don't pay them it will affect all players from Reach to Rhodes to Paterson to Lees.

I think We can expectancies point deduction at the least and probably another relegation fight but don't worry guys and girls when we can go back to the stadium we can pay £35 for the privilege. 

Whether it’s £12m or 50p is irrelevant. We don’t have the funds to pay our outstanding commitments and even if we did, there’s no way the business is sustainable going forward. 

Administration is not an answer as many think. In this case it could very easily lead to the business being dissolved because of the lack of sufficient income. 

im really struggling to see a way out of this. 

• Like 2

Guest LondonOwl313
2 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

I think it relatively pointless to argue about wages with this level of granularity because variables are so wide... however you're f*cking crackers if you think Clemence and Agnew were pulling in over a million a year between them. They're each earning more than some Championship managers by your reckoning.

Granted, I will give you that my initial "released since 2019" calcs were based on a list which didn't include a lot of names which you've rightly included on there

I forgot Fox too so guessing that’s another £10k.

This is the problem when the wage bill gets out of control. When you offer new contracts other players want parity.

It was reported at the time that Fletcher signed for about £35k a week and that we’d beaten off Norwich. Then that triggers FF to throw a strop, say I’m the best player at the club and I want the same or to be sold.. so he gets a raise.

Abdi and Jones were signed on premier league wages. Boyd came in on a free having played most PL games the season before, he’ll have commanded high wages too.

Bruce widely reported to be on £40k a week or £2m a year. I can totally believe that his coaches would be on £500k a year.

The likes of Nuhui and Joao signed new deals when they were the main strikers under Jos. They’ll have said I want more because XYZ is on 30k a week and always injured, whereas I play every week. And they signed.

It’s easy to see how the wages got as high as they did when we’re being run with no discipline.

3 hours ago, 0114 said:

Sheffield Wednesday players are wanted by the PFA to ‘submit claims for missing wages and bonuses’, reports The Sun on Sunday (06/06/21, pg. 63), as it’s been revealed that they’re owed upwards of £12million by the club.

Sheffield Wednesday players have been paid less than what they are owed, and with some having ‘end-of-season loyalty payments’ which have not been paid, for the past four months now.

That’s according to a report in The Sun on Sunday this morning, with Alan Nixon reporting that the Owls playing staff are wanted by the PFA to submit claims regarding their underpayments as rows over wage rumble on at the club.

‘Insiders’ have revealed to The Sun on Sunday that the total amount owed to the players is £12million – and it ‘has to be paid or the players can approach the EFL to complain’, writes Nixon, who then writes how a complaint could lead to a possible points penalty next season.

The players though are thought to be ‘reluctant’ in taking that action, whereas those who’ve already left ‘have no such concerns on that front’.

https://the72.co.uk/238264/sheffield-wednesday-points-penalty-possible-as-report-reveals-eight-figure-sum-owed-to-players/

on a much brighter note numerous players wanting to move clubs are daily in contact with swfc, especially those that want to play for **** all money every week.

maybe he's waiting for the government confirmation on 21 June for stadium capacities come August - if the Delta variant continues to spook them they may put a cap on numbers, which will hammer his revenue projections. He may well throw the towel in at that point. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, S1Owl said:

The players approaching efl is like them stabbing themselves in foot for next season as they'll get points deducted. No players concern for club just care about lining pockets. 

Most people who had not been paid for months would seek the help of their Trade Union, footballers are no different.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, i used to be sc_owl said:

Anyone who thinks they are supporting the club by renewing season tickets is just ******* their money away. 

ST even on sale ?