Here is what I predict for this week

1 hour ago, NobbyStyle said:

“you know nothing about chippy dining”

:Chansiri:

Wash your mouth out.lol

Sheffield breadcake, (there's nothing quite like them anywhere else that I've lived) and a Sheffield fishcake (again, they don't do them anywhere else)* covered in proper mushy peas. Now that's real gourmet dining.

* a fishcake everywhere else is what is/was known as a rissole in Sheffield. Nearest yo can get to a fishcake is a scallop, a slice of potato in batter....rubbish.

Chip shop curry sauce is over priced crap. Reminds me of Vesta curry.

• Like 3
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 2

55 minutes ago, prowl said:

Wash your mouth out.lol

Sheffield breadcake, (there's nothing quite like them anywhere else that I've lived) and a Sheffield fishcake (again, they don't do them anywhere else)* covered in proper mushy peas. Now that's real gourmet dining.

* a fishcake everywhere else is what is/was known as a rissole in Sheffield. Nearest yo can get to a fishcake is a scallop, a slice of potato in batter....rubbish.

Chip shop curry sauce is over priced crap. Reminds me of Vesta curry.

Deffo...At one bit on the east coast you had to specify A "sheffield" fishcake...otherwise you got a rissole...leading to many a "WTF" in Skeggy

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

Deffo...At one bit on the east coast you had to specify A "sheffield" fishcake...otherwise you got a rissole...leading to many a "WTF" in Skeggy

14 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

AEEF99BC-0D33-4366-B10F-B4E9BF3D7B3A.jpeg

Guess where I am as I type this..

When you get to Skeggy front, turn right, second chippy along. Best fish chips and peas in Skeggy, possibly the world.

I spent a lot more time in Skeggy than I should have, doing things I shouldn't have. Those were the days.

• Love 1

5 hours ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

Deffo Skeggy ! But you must have stepped out of Dr Who's Police Box at those prices £2-99 for Fish & Chips. All the way back to 1999.  

I was Shocked by the prices Nev

Soooooo cheap

Then I tasted the Haddock and immediately fully understood 🤣

Owlstalk Shop

20 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Yes but on the quiet so nobody knows yet 

I’m sorry, been in hospital for last 3 days so not exactly been keeping up with everything in the outside world.