Jump to content

Here is what I predict for this week


Recommended Posts

Guest Hornsby
2 hours ago, Grandad said:

 

I would imagine your KPMG guy is looking at the rules for PLC's - which are different. Any investment company should be looking at the value of investments annually - and revaluations can be done by directors. Revaluations cannot be allowed against UK tax (or foreign).

 

Any revaluation would also look at the rental value too - and yield. 

 

Sheffield 3 is not a PLC - and is therefore not subject to the same rules. Sheffield 3 is also nothing to SWFC. Other than a landlord.

Because Covid covers all companies S3 ltd should already have down valued about 20 per centb , am told, as Leisure , Tourism etc ver badly hit.

 

Accounts due 21 June interesting.

 

By my O level maths, excluding loan which may be funding Owls, S3 has £2.5 million rental  income but £7.5 million costs, first stadium instalment to Owls. That's £5 million operating loss already.

 

Add revaluations, another £12 million down tube, before Trust gets to work.

 

My tax planning is a bottle of bourbon through Green channel, but Lee and another expert poster said UK losses can be claimed against Thai tax.

 

Making  Wigan Admin look logical this.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, wellbeaten-the-owl said:

It's quite common for companies holding property to have to obtain a valuation for the accounts but can't honestly see how the ACV status makes any material difference to said valuation. And any loss would not be game over for  the company as it's only a paper loss on a revaluation reserve so doesn't need funding in anyway.

 

Regarding the ability of SWFC to pay the rent the more pertinent question is the ability of Sheffield 3 to pay the c£6m annual payment for the purchase.

 

 

And what happens if they can't pay....P&S implications?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, wellbeaten-the-owl said:

It's quite common for companies holding property to have to obtain a valuation for the accounts but can't honestly see how the ACV status makes any material difference to said valuation. And any loss would not be game over for  the company as it's only a paper loss on a revaluation reserve so doesn't need funding in anyway.

 

Regarding the ability of SWFC to pay the rent the more pertinent question is the ability of Sheffield 3 to pay the c£6m annual payment for the purchase.

 

 

Whilst ever Chansiri owns both SWFC and Sheffield 3 then neither the rental or the purchase instalment are pertinent.

 

A couple of posting in the respective books could take care of each for another year without a £1 of cash passing between the two companies

SWFC accounts

Db Rental Expense £2.5m

Cr Inter Co Loan £2.5m

 

Cr Stadium Sale £6.0m

Db Inter Co Loan £6.0m

 

Sheffield 3 accounts

Cr Rental Income £2.5m

Db Inter Co Loan £2.5m

 

Db Stadium Purchase £6.0m

Cr Inter Co Loan £6.0m

 

The only thing that is pertinent is whether Chansiri still has the means and/or intention to keep sending the cash to the UK to fund SWFC (directly or indirectly through Sheffield 3) and to repay the £7m loan that Sheffield 3 took out with the stadium as collateral.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Hornsby said:

Because Covid covers all companies S3 ltd should already have down valued about 20 per centb , am told, as Leisure , Tourism etc ver badly hit.

 

Accounts due 21 June interesting.

 

By my O level maths, excluding loan which may be funding Owls, S3 has £2.5 million rental  income but £7.5 million costs, first stadium instalment to Owls. That's £5 million operating loss already.

 

Add revaluations, another £12 million down tube, before Trust gets to work.

 

My tax planning is a bottle of bourbon through Green channel, but Lee and another expert poster said UK losses can be claimed against Thai tax.

 

Making  Wigan Admin look logical this.

The £7.5m is not an operating expense. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, striker said:

Another day of nothing ahead,  Chansiri still hiding. 

 

We could play our own game of Where's Chansiri.

 

559386925_wheresChansiri.jpg.cdf5eacb05c35c9de6dd74d8e6432013.jpg

 

 

I'll give you a clue, he's hiding in one of the beach huts out of sight.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

the rag(the sun) is reporting that freedom day is cancelled until july 19th and they always this last 18months got the story before it was official .. how can clubs plan for next season now? are they just going to knock out a load of new season tickets in the 2 weeks or so before season starts? all business needs time to plan and i fear many will go to the wall with this news.  we will listen to the official babble on monday . every business inc football need assurances so they can plan ahead they need certainty if they cant get that they might as well pack it up. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Captain Scarlett said:

 

We could play our own game of Where's Chansiri.

 

559386925_wheresChansiri.jpg.cdf5eacb05c35c9de6dd74d8e6432013.jpg

 

 

I'll give you a clue, he's hiding in one of the beach huts out of sight.

My moneys on the dingy that has already sunk.😁😁😁😁

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, morganowl said:

the rag(the sun) is reporting that freedom day is cancelled until july 19th and they always this last 18months got the story before it was official .. how can clubs plan for next season now? are they just going to knock out a load of new season tickets in the 2 weeks or so before season starts? all business needs time to plan and i fear many will go to the wall with this news.  we will listen to the official babble on monday . every business inc football need assurances so they can plan ahead they need certainty if they cant get that they might as well pack it up. 

WTF is freedom day???

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, room0035 said:

WTF is freedom day???

ending of restrictions . all over news now about the month delay.  how can season tickets be processed now? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Captain Scarlett said:

 

We could play our own game of Where's Chansiri.

 

559386925_wheresChansiri.jpg.cdf5eacb05c35c9de6dd74d8e6432013.jpg

 

 

I'll give you a clue, he's hiding in one of the beach huts out of sight.

 

You'll not find Chansiri on here..................................

 

 

He's "gone under"

 

Sunk without trace.:sad:

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, morganowl said:

ending of restrictions . all over news now about the month delay.  how can season tickets be processed now? 

I don't care I would rather not have people dying on a daily basis. thank you.

 

We have more freedom in this country than any other nation in the world and have a vaccine roll out that is working, if we have to pause a bit then so be it, rather than than full lockdown again.

 

Football clubs know they will have at least 25-50% capacity. There is 18,000 at the cricket for England vs New Zealand.

 

We have a 40,000 seater stadium I will be surprised if we sell anymore than season tickets rolled over. I would be very surprise if a competent football club has not budgeted for several possible outcomes.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, room0035 said:

I don't care I would rather not have people dying on a daily basis. thank you.

 

We have more freedom in this country than any other nation in the world and have a vaccine roll out that is working, if we have to pause a bit then so be it, rather than than full lockdown again.

 

Football clubs know they will have at least 25-50% capacity. There is 18,000 at the cricket for England vs New Zealand.

 

We have a 40,000 seater stadium I will be surprised if we sell anymore than season tickets rolled over. I would be very surprise if a competent football club has not budgeted for several possible outcomes.

there was 70000 in an indoor arena in america a month ago no masks , they have jabbed just over what we have and are now getting on with it , there were also  10000 all around the green when phil mickleson won at 50 the other week . attending football or other sports ,festivals etc cant be stopped by bedwetters most of us have had enough now. at the end of the day you cant run a business with 50% takings or less . contracts have still to be paid , the same costs for rents, business rates etc all have to be paid . so many are on fumes in many lines of business they are desperate to have certainty so they can plan ahead . how many staff are working at swfc? im pretty sure many will still be furloughed but they will be needed to deliver season tickets etc . 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Captain Scarlett said:

 

We could play our own game of Where's Chansiri.

 

559386925_wheresChansiri.jpg.cdf5eacb05c35c9de6dd74d8e6432013.jpg

 

 

I'll give you a clue, he's hiding in one of the beach huts out of sight.

Are them huts called Tom Dickand Harry by any chance.

Edited by OneManBand
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...