Here is what I predict for this week

Guest wilyfox
4 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

You have to remember that dreams really can come true 

Sure can princess, especially in Whitby.

1 hour ago, wellbeaten-the-owl said:

Got to remember though that swfc LTD also owe chansiri over £63 million through his directors loan account what's to stop him finding a away to write £52.5 million of that off against the amount he owes swfc ltd through Sheffield 3 limited.

Because rules for creditors and debtors are difference if a club goes into administration.

Guest Hornsby
10 hours ago, Grandad said:

Just because you want this to be true won't make it actually true.

But hey. Whatever

Confirmation from one my company's external auditors, KPMG, Sheffield 3 ltd would have to revalue based on 'material  valuation uncertainty' (VPS 3 and VPGA 10 of Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors Red Book Global).

In addition to community listing, also covers Covid period and any open market value based on Owls annual £2.5 rental  must surely be uncertain if we can't even pay players.

Still, Chansiri may be able to write off another £38 million loss against Thai tax if Lee is right.

Great work by Trust.

So another week over nearly. The sponsored silence from Hillsborough continues, I kind of though the new Chief Operating Office would have told us how he was going to be improving the club by now, but as most suspected he appear to be COO in name only, with no actual powers to do anything.

no fans money returned

no players paid

no players signed

no players resigned

no new signings,

no new shirts

no details of new seasons ticket prices and match day prices

no accounts filed (weren't they due soon about 2 months ago)

no new sponsors, naming right, stand and shirt sponsors

But we have started relaying the pitch, I think because I have not seen any updates about it at all.

Apologies if I missed anything.

• Like 6

We are like the Mary Celeste, captained by Lord Lucan headed towards the Bermuda Triangle……….the odds on getting an invite to Area 51 and finding extra terrestrial life are shorter than the prospect of good news coming from the club…….

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Morepork said:

We are like the Mary Celeste, captained by Lord Lucan headed towards the Bermuda Triangle……….the odds on getting an invite to Area 51 and finding extra terrestrial life are shorter than the prospect of good news coming from the club…….

Which absolutely captures the mood

1 hour ago, Morepork said:

And Paxo is 

shergar

• Haha 2

Guest Grandad
5 hours ago, Hornsby said:

Confirmation from one my company's external auditors, KPMG, Sheffield 3 ltd would have to revalue based on 'material  valuation uncertainty' (VPS 3 and VPGA 10 of Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors Red Book Global).

In addition to community listing, also covers Covid period and any open market value based on Owls annual £2.5 rental  must surely be uncertain if we can't even pay players.

Still, Chansiri may be able to write off another £38 million loss against Thai tax if Lee is right.

I would imagine your KPMG guy is looking at the rules for PLC's - which are different. Any investment company should be looking at the value of investments annually - and revaluations can be done by directors. Revaluations cannot be allowed against UK tax (or foreign).

Any revaluation would also look at the rental value too - and yield. 

Sheffield 3 is not a PLC - and is therefore not subject to the same rules. Sheffield 3 is also nothing to SWFC. Other than a landlord.

Lots of debate about millions of pounds in accounting practices and tax write offs for a guy who has gone into hiding because he can't pay the bills,.or even fix the boiler. 

I suspect the pitch was only dug up to make it easier for Chansiri to look for spare change with his metal detector.

lol

• Haha 5

53 minutes ago, Grandad said:

I would imagine your KPMG guy is looking at the rules for PLC's - which are different. Any investment company should be looking at the value of investments annually - and revaluations can be done by directors. Revaluations cannot be allowed against UK tax (or foreign).

Sheffield 3 is not a PLC - and is therefore not subject to the same rules. Sheffield 3 is also nothing to SWFC. Other than a landlord.

It's quite common for companies holding property to have to obtain a valuation for the accounts but can't honestly see how the ACV status makes any material difference to said valuation. And any loss would not be game over for  the company as it's only a paper loss on a revaluation reserve so doesn't need funding in anyway.

Regarding the ability of SWFC to pay the rent the more pertinent question is the ability of Sheffield 3 to pay the c£6m annual payment for the purchase.

• Like 2

Guest Hornsby
2 hours ago, Grandad said:

Because Covid covers all companies S3 ltd should already have down valued about 20 per centb , am told, as Leisure , Tourism etc ver badly hit.

Accounts due 21 June interesting.

By my O level maths, excluding loan which may be funding Owls, S3 has £2.5 million rental  income but £7.5 million costs, first stadium instalment to Owls. That's £5 million operating loss already.

Add revaluations, another £12 million down tube, before Trust gets to work.

My tax planning is a bottle of bourbon through Green channel, but Lee and another expert poster said UK losses can be claimed against Thai tax.

Making  Wigan Admin look logical this.