Here is what I predict for this week

Guest Grandad
33 minutes ago, Hornsby said:

Yeah ,yeah.

Did I say campaigning on here, you are well  late to game.

You must have searched Owlstalk to see when I joined.

Next time, just be braver or I'll flounce off.

I didn't 'search Owlstalk' - just clicked on your username.

It does this. It was hardly 'taxing' - oooh did you see what I did there

image.png.68a54e4679223590029c4ccea591a3c5.png

Guest Grandad

Right - lets be clear about an Asset of Community Value

The owner of an asset of community value must inform the local authority if they wish to sell the asset. If a qualifying community group wants to buy the asset, they can trigger a moratorium for six months, to give them a chance to raise the money to purchase the asset. The owner does not have to sell to a community group. The asset of community value listing only improves the chances of community groups being able to purchase by providing more time to raise funds. It does not require the owner to sell at a discount.

The listing of a property as an 'Asset of Community Value' lasts for five years after which it is automatically delisted and the restrictions imposed by the covenant are removed. Communities can however apply for the listing to be renewed. Care should be taken to ensure the listing is continuous- apply for renewal not less than 8 weeks before the original listing ends.

Having an application accepted DOES NOT mean that the asset has to be revalued - meaning there will be absolutely zero change in status for Sheffield 3 Ltd. The only difference it makes is that Sheffield 3 would have to give the council 6 months notice to allow a community group time to raise funds for a bd.

A bid that doesnt have to be accepted.

Listing Hillsborough as an ACV is not a new initiative at all. We even looked into it at Wednesdayite - and because of the above we felt it was pretty pointless as it changed nothing - and given there were other fish to fry at that time - we didn't bother.

7 minutes ago, Grandad said:

Having an application accepted DOES NOT mean that the asset has to be revalued - meaning there will be absolutely zero change in status for Sheffield 3 Ltd. The only difference it makes is that Sheffield 3 would have to give the council 6 months notice to allow a community group time to raise funds for a bd.

Listing Hillsborough as an ACV is not a new initiative at all. We even looked into it at Wednesdayite - and because of the above we felt it was pretty pointless as it changed nothing - and given there were other fish to fry at that time - we didn't bother.

When I read about it thought it seemed a pointless excercise really, looks good on paper , but really achieves bigger all imo, which is why I voted against it when trust had the vote.

Guest Grandad
1 minute ago, wellbeaten-the-owl said:

When I read about it thought it seemed a pointless excercise really, looks good on paper , but really achieves bigger all imo, which is why I voted against it when trust had the vote.

If it reduced the value of said 'Asset' you can be sure ACVs wouldnt exist

1 minute ago, Grandad said:

If it reduced the value of said 'Asset' you can be sure ACVs wouldnt exist

Really in what world would a community group raise the funds needed to buy the ground? It's already been separated from the club so can only see a sale coming if someone were to buy out chansiri and wanted to put the ground back into the club.

Chansiri could just sell Sheffield limited without any 6 Month period being triggered?

Guest Grandad
Just now, wellbeaten-the-owl said:

Really in what world would a community group raise the funds needed to buy the ground? It's already been separated from the club so can only see a sale coming if someone were to buy out chansiri and wanted to put the ground back into the club.

Chansiri could just sell Sheffield limited without any 6 Month period being triggered?

I'm not sure on that one. I guess the ownership of the stadium isn't changing hands - if its still owned by Sheffield 3. And the company is changing ownership. Maybe a loophole - it does sound feasible.

4 minutes ago, Grandad said:

I'm not sure on that one. I guess the ownership of the stadium isn't changing hands - if its still owned by Sheffield 3. And the company is changing ownership. Maybe a loophole - it does sound feasible.

When Sheffield Wednesday limited owned Hillsborough and chansiri bought Sheffield Wednesday limited there would have been no sale of the asset in those terms. Hillsborough owned by Swfc limited before and after.

Same with Sheffield 3 limited, chansiri sells off his shares in that company then ground still owned by same entity but has new owner.

The ACV status is a waste of time and money in my opinion but does look good on paper if you were promoting the trust.

What actually constitutes an "Asset of Community Value"?

Just asking...Cos surely other clubs who have gone through the crap would have gone down that path?

Yet still lost their ground?

I'm simply asking...I know f.ook all about Greenpeace, Tuna, nor taxes

Guest Hornsby
1 hour ago, Grandad said:

Ask guy who bought pub next to Sandygate for supermarket, got rejected ,listed for community, now back on sale 25 per cent discount.

Affects open market value materially so S3 ltd  must revalue, say £60 million back to £23 million. Bye, bye.

Tangible from Trust, hence high level political  support. 

We ll put you down in vote against column.

47 minutes ago, Hornsby said:

Ask guy who bought pub next to Sandygate for supermarket, got rejected ,listed for community, now back on sale 25 per cent discount.

Affects open market value materially so S3 ltd  must revalue, say £60 million back to £23 million. Bye, bye.

Tangible from Trust, hence high level political  support. 

We ll put you down in vote against column.

Utter rubbish matte.  The lease in place and rental income supports the value for Sheffield 3 limited.

3 hours ago, wellbeaten-the-owl said:

Honest question does Sheffield 3 own the stadium, surely until the stadium is fully paid for it is not owned.

Should DC, sorry Sheffield 3 not pay the remaining £52.5m due then the stadium will remain owned by SWFC.

And should the club go into administration or liquidation, any administrator's appointed would expect all debts paying in full, meaning DC having to find £52.5m to pay the club or give the asset back.I

It's like buying a car on lease hire you stop paying for the car the lease company takes the car back.

Guest Grandad
1 hour ago, Hornsby said:

Just because you want this to be true won't make it actually true.

But hey. Whatever

2 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Honest question does Sheffield 3 own the stadium, surely until the stadium is fully paid for it is not owned.

Should DC, sorry Sheffield 3 not pay the remaining £52.5m due then the stadium will remain owned by SWFC.

And should the club go into administration or liquidation, any administrator's appointed would expect all debts paying in full, meaning DC having to find £52.5m to pay the club or give the asset back.I

It's like buying a car on lease hire you stop paying for the car the lease company takes the car back.

It will depend on the terms of the contract. The car lease will have as a term the power for the lessor  to recover the car if the payments are not maintained. We don’t know what the contractual terms are for either the sale or leaseback. Given that the seller/purchaser/lessor/lessee are all effectively the same person, the terms are unlikely to be too onerous. In the case of non-payment by either party of either the purchase instalment or annual rent then there must be some remedy available to the injured party but it may not be to annul the contract. As for an administrator of SWFC, they could only work within the terms of the lease, they would have no power to demand full payment from Sheffield 3 so long as Sheffield 3 fulfill the terms of the contract.

1 hour ago, room0035 said:

Got to remember though that swfc LTD also owe chansiri over £63 million through his directors loan account what's to stop him finding a away to write £52.5 million of that off against the amount he owes swfc ltd through Sheffield 3 limited.