Sheffield Wednesday players become free agents if not paid in full for TWO consecutive months

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

I'm criticising the chairman yes - because of his HORRIFIC track record, the points deductions, the players who walked away for free, the transfer embargoes etc etc etc

I'm sure you agree he's a horrendous chairman that we need to get rid of ASAP?

Well guess what - and this will shock you a bit - saying the above is NOT criticising Sheffield Wednesday Football Club in any way, shape or form.
It simply isn't

I'm genuinely struggling to understand why you'd be confused about that

It really is very very simple

It's a criticism of the chairman and the way he has managed our club since taking over

It's not a criticism of the football club

At all

In any way

But just to clarify your stance on Chansiri - how do YOU think he's performed as our chairman since he took over and currently?

Could you give examples of criticising the club, and then give separate examples of criticising the owner please.

Just to show the stark difference.

2 hours ago, matthefish2002 said:

I know social media and football forums people have a tendency to hyperbole but really fear next season will be by far the most embarrassing in our 150 plus year history.

Really cant see a way forward at the moment.

There’s always ‘Save Our Owls’ buckets 😉- that was pretty embarrassing !

1 hour ago, daleblue said:

You are missing the point mate,

the reason they haven't left is because even if they only get half of their normal wage it would still be 

twice as much as they could earn elsewhere, they aint daft.

Why leave when you can fleece a club and then move on.

Fleece = exercise rights under employment legislation 🤔

9 hours ago, ToastFeatures said:

I’m confused this is a second thread iv seen where iv seen people say we’re criticising the chairman not the club, so am I right in thinking we’re not allowed to criticise the club ? 

we are crap though and entitled to opinion, our club is terrible and bad example of how not to run a business

I'd suggest that we are a fantastic example of how not to run a business! lol

If a club is terrible, then surely the owner of the club is the one responsible, after all the owner calls the shots (especially in our case)?

Guest Hornsby
10 hours ago, bladeshater said:

Am I banned

Which would be a shame cos you do make some valid points and right that we are challenged constructively.

I often re check stuff and  look at my analysis after your posts.

But love Tetley's so have very thick skin. Not all do.

All this bickering at each other and points scoring is getting tedious.

There is only one person any anger should be directed towards, the owner of SWFC. I m so angry that I don't want to type his name. A man with immense wealth, who wastes money, wont listen to advice, arrogant, and has ran our club into the ground.

Just give it up or there will be nothing left.

• Love 3

The players would need to give 2 weeks notice and the club could still pay during that time to call it all off

Also not sure id want to be an out of contract relegated player voluntarily giving up my big money contract - of which I know I will get the cash from eventually 

4 hours ago, Bob said:

All this bickering at each other and points scoring is getting tedious.

There is only one person any anger should be directed towards, the owner of SWFC. I m so angry that I don't want to type his name. A man with immense wealth, who wastes money, wont listen to advice, arrogant, and has ran our club into the ground.

Just give it up or there will be nothing left.

Absolutely. Why are we fighting amongst ourselves? Why are we so divided on this? 

At any other club they’d be together in trying to get this bloke out. 

Not at Wednesday though.

• Like 2

The bottom line is that the players can't lose.....sit tight and get paid more than they would at most clubs, even if eventually as they are always going to be preferred creditors.

Or their agents can start sniffing around other clubs to see what is out there for them. Nothing happens in the market until July so they can enjoy their villa's in Portugal until then...no rush to do anything

One question.....if they leave on a 'breach of contract' are the club still liable for the remainder of the contract? If so they are on even more of a winner!