How much wasted money...

Guest Hornsby

Compare Chansiri time to Brentford and I estimate they have generated about £300 million more value for club than us in that period.

Some going.

22 minutes ago, Hornsby said:

Compare Chansiri time to Brentford and I estimate they have generated about £300 million more value for club than us in that period.

Some going.

I looked at this the other day, according to transfermarket website, Brentford have made about £85m profit in players sales since Chansiri bought us, thats about how much their stadium cost i think.

Don't worry though, Chansiri knows best, Brentford are a selling club that has no ambition! FFS!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I would say Wednesday not getting value for money our of our signings goes back a lot further than Chansiri time at the club.

Would say in last 25 years a big money signing in terms of transfer fee or wages we have only had success at about 1 in 10.

Just now, DSandersonOWL said:

Be careful what you wish for!

(A well-known and oft-repeated Owlstalk refrain)

Indeed. 

However,  I doubt there is currently a worse run club than Swfc right now. 

DC needs to leave ASAP as I seriously doubt that any new owner could create or continue such a ruinous sheeeeteshow as this moron.

7 hours ago, BRADDO said:

Indeed. 

However,  I doubt there is currently a worse run club than Swfc right now. 

DC needs to leave ASAP as I seriously doubt that any new owner could create or continue such a ruinous sheeeeteshow as this moron.

Problem is that any new owner may well have to pay what they consider to be an excessive amount.

They would inherit an avalanche of problems (debts, strange accounts, neglect of basics) caused by the current absent owner.

Is administration the only viable (if unwelcome) solution ?

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

The Due Diligence alone would take an age, picking your way through nonexistent companies, poorly structured deals and the like.........

Edited by Morepork
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

27 minutes ago, Sheff74 said:

For those of us that aren't subscribed to The Athletic, what was the gist of what Abdi had to say?

Go in the thread mate I think someone posted the full article.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, NobbyStyle said:

If you fail to plan then you plan to fail.

Only thing I’m not sure on with DC he’s actually doing things so badly it seems deliberate 

I really hope this doesn't end in some ridiculous Thai betting scandal, but then again nothing would suprise me at the moment.