Jump to content

Almost Half of Clubs in the Football league facing ruinous money troubles


Recommended Posts

16 minutes ago, parajack said:

Wonder if Jeff Bezos is interested? he has a depot in Sheffield,ile give him a bell later...Jeff? Para mate,yeah ime well,you? you fancy buying a Football club? Eh? 'whats Football'?? Soccer mate Soccer!!! ...Clubs name ? SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY!!..Uh? what do you mean no? 

 

He might turn us into the worlds first online virtual club where we only exist in order to allow a bunch of middle aged men to vent their spleen.

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Nero said:

 

He might turn us into the worlds first online virtual club where we only exist in order to allow a bunch of middle aged men to vent their spleen.

Meanwhile back in Thailand....

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, sheffield_dave said:

Yes, this is the fantastic and totally sustainable league structure that everybody celebrated "saving" after the European Super League debacle.

 

The idea that kicking the ESL to the curb has saved or protected football is laughable. Self congratulatory nonsense at the top of the game from those who would have been the least impacted anyway. Defeating the ESL proposals and celebrating it as some sort of victory has been like loosely throwing a life jacket over the edge of a boat, 25 yards away from a bloke still drowning and unable to swim to it. 

 

The ESL won't proceed and the fight to preserve the status quo of the English game has been won. Here's what preserving that status means; years of league tables littered with asterisks to denote points deductions, embargoes, 23 team divisions as clubs become unable to fulfil fixtures, more Bury's and Bolton's and Macclesfield's. 

 

Stopping the ESL was only the first battle in trying to reclaim football.  An important battle, nonetheless.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Nero said:

 

He might turn us into the worlds first online virtual club where we only exist in order to allow a bunch of middle aged men to vent their spleen.

 

Well at least you'd have something to slate every day like you do anytime someone expresses an opinion on a forum

  • Haha 1

 


Owlstalk Shop

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

 

Well at least you'd have something to slate every day like you do anytime someone expresses an opinion on a forum

You ok hun?

 

I know thats a cliche but what else can I say. Are you sure you have the right Nero?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Nero said:

You ok hun?

 

I know thats a cliche but what else can I say. Are you sure you have the right Nero?

 

 

Positive mate - you just seem to rock up to have a niggle at folk these days


Maybe it's the heat

 

lol

 


 


Owlstalk Shop

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Sticky Micky said:

If there ever was time to bring in a maximum wage rule this is the time 

 

Nothing will change tho

 

 

Jimmy Hill. (he of the chin and x Coventry and match of the day ) and Derek Dougan (not Dooley!! but x Wolves)  were responsible for abolishing this when they worked for PFA back in 70s/80s

 

Football has never been the same since! 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

 

 

Positive mate - you just seem to rock up to have a niggle at folk these days


Maybe it's the heat

 

lol

 

Not what my history tells me but whatevs.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, parajack said:

(quote Sun YES i know...) of the 72 teams 33 showing financial difficulty last Month,up from 17 the previous Year...might explain why there hasnt been more pressure from either the EFL or PFA.....even the players now must realise there on a hiding to nothing....

Don't come on here and tell posters that it is not only SWFC that are having financial problems.

That's ricidiculous.😉

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, adelphi1867 said:

Don't come on here and tell posters that it is not only SWFC that are having financial problems.

That's ricidiculous.😉

 

 

 Nobody has EVER suggested that we're the only club having financial problems

 

 


 


Owlstalk Shop

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

 

 

 Nobody has EVER suggested that we're the only club having financial problems

 

 

It just appears that way.

No one, up to today, has mentioned other clubs being in financial trouble, only us.

If the players carry out their threat to resign, they will find they are jus 1 of Hundred's of ex-players chasing an ever decreasing number of vacancies.

Still there are thousand of job's in catering and hospitality.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:


It isn't that way though


Doesn't appear that way to me at all
 

 Nobody has EVER suggested that we're the only club having financial problems

I find it hard to find any post on here that has mentioned any other club who is in financial difficulty, other than Derby Co

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, adelphi1867 said:

I find it hard to find any post on here that has mentioned any other club who is in financial difficulty, other than Derby Co

 Nobody has EVER suggested that we're the only club having financial problems


 


Owlstalk Shop

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, owls-swfc said:

Jimmy Hill. (he of the chin and x Coventry and match of the day ) and Derek Dougan (not Dooley!! but x Wolves)  were responsible for abolishing this when they worked for PFA back in 70s/80s

 

Football has never been the same since! 

Early 60’s and it was Johnny Haynes of Fulham.  Apart from that you’re spot on.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If football was to introduce a salary cap, there would be a new football organisation set up in the US or China within months. It would operate outside FIFA and pay mega money. Then, all the best players would be snapped up into a closed competition. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...