Jump to content

Summer Cricket 2021


Recommended Posts

On 22/07/2021 at 20:05, owler66 said:

Watching it now contrived pap

I've watched a few of the games and enjoyed them 

 

You have to suspend belief that this is Cricket just like you have to with T20 just let it be what it is 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest OwlPastie

I'm really enjoying the games. It's just the presentation, the music and the fire that I don't like. It just feels cheap. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Adem Poric said:

It's doesn't feel much different than T20. Fancy graphics on the screen. Bad commentary. Garish outfits.

 

 

The graphics are driving me insane.

 

North Superchargers game was the best so far. 
 

The interest is in how the teams approach a slightly different game for me.

 

Got tickets for next weekends game in Leeds. Quite looking forward to it but, I do think they’ve got the marketing wrong, pushed it far too much and, the product isn’t an awful lot different to T20.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest OwlPastie
13 hours ago, 0wl18 said:

The graphics are driving me insane.

 

North Superchargers game was the best so far. 
 

The interest is in how the teams approach a slightly different game for me.

 

Got tickets for next weekends game in Leeds. Quite looking forward to it but, I do think they’ve got the marketing wrong, pushed it far too much and, the product isn’t an awful lot different to T20.

 

Looking at the crowds they've got the families in with the kids which is a huge positive. Kids aren't gonna sit through an entire test, or even an ODI. But if young people can be introduced to the sport, they'll learn the game and gain an interest in all the nuances of the different formats. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, Adem Poric said:

It's doesn't feel much different than T20. Fancy graphics on the screen. Bad commentary. Garish outfits.

 

 

Its new tho innit T20 has calmed down a lot from what it was at first 

 

It will evolve but i have to say im enjoying it so far its good having the Womens and Mens fixtures at the same venue on the same day .

There are going to be things that work and things that don't but its been encouraging so far 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I remember whatching something on sky a few years ago that I think should be used in the hundred too. 

 

There were zones around the ground that were worth double (so 4 and 6 worth 8 and 12 respectively) think there were 6 zones but with the rules a minimum of 3 of them were unprotected. Thought it made a better twist then some of the concepts I've seen since like t20 and the hundred 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, fudge27 said:

I remember whatching something on sky a few years ago that I think should be used in the hundred too. 

 

There were zones around the ground that were worth double (so 4 and 6 worth 8 and 12 respectively) think there were 6 zones but with the rules a minimum of 3 of them were unprotected. Thought it made a better twist then some of the concepts I've seen since like t20 and the hundred 

 

I think that might have been Cricket Max? Pretty sure it was an idea Martin Crowe had and tried to get going in New Zealand.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Adem Poric said:

 

I think that might have been Cricket Max? Pretty sure it was an idea Martin Crowe had and tried to get going in New Zealand.

It was years ago so not sure. Remember it was cities and Yorkshire were Leeds which annoyed me. 

 

Think arivinda da Silva sticks in my head as playing in it and jacques kallis for Manchester. Was an interesting concept though, surprised it hasn't be tried again 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Kew Owl said:

I haven’t seen any of The Hundred, but - rather like the T20 I imagine - the secret to enjoying this “fast food cricket” is not to take it seriously.

Exactly. More chance of the kids taking it up. It’s exciting / can turn the game in a few shots. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Essix Blue said:

Exactly. More chance of the kids taking it up. It’s exciting / can turn the game in a few shots. 

The crowd shots in the programs is proof of this the amount of kids up singing and dancing is a complete joy 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

India were 10/3 before the throw! Surely down to potential rain bringing the likelihood of a draw into play.

 

Anyway, great seam bowling by India. England yet again poor with the bat in hand. Is there too much focus on the short formats of the game witching English cricket at the moment?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, 0wl18 said:

India were 10/3 before the throw! Surely down to potential rain bringing the likelihood of a draw into play.

 

Anyway, great seam bowling by India. England yet again poor with the bat in hand. Is there too much focus on the short formats of the game witching English cricket at the moment?

Well I think the fact YJB hasn’t faced a red ball this year until yesterday says it all 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

We were dreadful yesterday. India did bowl beuatifully though. We haven't bowled badly this morning but once the shine is gone there is nothing in this pitch for our 83 mph lot. 

 

Leaving out Wood was mental. We should have left out Broad because doing that last year fired him up, he's comfortable again now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Got a bit of a lead going but still need to get it up to 220 or more to have a chance.

 

Excellent work by Robinson on Friday for his 5-for

 

Another captain's innings from Root today.

 

Hopefully no more rain and we can get at the tourists

 

Nice to be able to watch it live

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...