Summer Cricket 2021

2 hours ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

Can anyone explain why teams declare rather than start smashing every ball at a certain point?

For this test williamson declared at a point where all 3 results were still possible if England decided to give it a go. If buttler and stokes were playing he probably wouldn’t have declared and just batted the day out.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

Can anyone explain why teams declare rather than start smashing every ball at a certain point?

To leave a total which is low enough for England to go for it rather than batting on and setting a total too high which will then leave England with no choice other than to bat for the draw (which they did anyway)

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, 83owl said:

To leave a total which is low enough for England to go for it rather than batting on and setting a total too high which will then leave England with no choice other than to bat for the draw (which they did anyway)

Ahh makes sense, cheers

On 05/06/2021 at 20:48, BIG D said:

It does, looks fantastic.

If you go on the tour of Lords (which I can’t recommend enough) you get to go into the media stand

Did the tour a couple of years ago. Excellent few hours 

• Like 1

I'm just glad they are keeping a lid on who it is. You know so little about life when you are 15/16 and your views will more than likely be based on the environment that you grew up in. As long as there has been no instances since then you would like to think that person has grown up and become a better person. 

Robinson was obviously a bit older and was notoriously a bit of a dickhead when he was younger. He's probably not that person any more but they have to check. I'm sure they will be investigating with team mates current and past to see how he has behaved in the last 8/9 years.

On 03/06/2021 at 14:26, Essix Blue said:

We saw him v Windies in the World Cup. Less hair then 

The mullet will look great as he runs in to bowl 

🙂 me too. Great day, brilliant tense finish

Apparently one of the offensive tweets was from Jimmy Anderson, he said Stuart broad looked like a 15 year old lesbian, about 10 years ago.

I think he wrote it because Stuart Broad looked like a 15 year old lesbian.

I heard all the 15 year old lesbians are marching on Lords tonight.

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, yeadonowl said:

Just got tickets for Old Trafford for the vitality blast tomorrow night 

First live sport in 15 months

Then off to Headingley next Tuesday 

Off to headingley in a couple of weeks