Jump to content

Julian Borner on his way to Hannover 96?


Recommended Posts

On 02/06/2021 at 12:33, 83owl said:

We start by paying the players. We pay them on time and what they are owed. Even if we have to sell a player a month to do it. 

 

who are the twelve players we can sell to pay the wages for the next year?

 

How do we sell players after the transfer window closes, so we need to sell 9 players before the transfer window shuts to cover the 3 months we are in arrears and then last us until the transfer window opens

 

So name the nine players we can sell, and who we can get to replace them

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So if the buying club have a wage limit and Borner is "way" above it, does that mean we are likely paying some of his wages too for the next year?

 

Or Borner has agreed a massive wage cut I suppose.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Dutch McLovin said:

So were letting him go for nothing to get him off the wage bill.

 

We have been relegated, he will be on decent wages. This isnt a bad move considering he isnt worth much money and plays in an area (center back) where we actually have options.

 

 

Just speculating but he might have foregone back wages to make the deal happen and left the club by mutual consent. 

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, trev said:

So if the buying club have a wage limit and Borner is "way" above it, does that mean we are likely paying some of his wages too for the next year?

 

Or Borner has agreed a massive wage cut I suppose.

Or a bit of both, maybe a bigger signing on fee?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, shezzas left peg said:

I've a feeling he could be one of the two that where wanting to cancel contracts due to the unpaid wages. 

Therefore they can get him on a free and give him a bigger signing on fee. 

 

I suppose this is possible. The players will have no doubt go their lawyer looking over the contracts. 

 

Normally, you'd think players want to avoid this type of thing, as it makes them a bit toxic in attracting other clubs, but I suspect the very public reporting of DC's behaviour means other clubs will be happy; perhaps encouraging players are following this route.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

be a good move for him back to his homeland etc to probably see out his career, especially in covid-days

Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, Smackavolley said:

 

 

Just speculating but he might have foregone back wages to make the deal happen and left the club by mutual consent. 

I think he'll expect the back pay but as there is no transfer fee he will probably get a signing on fee from Hanover that will cover part of the difference in wages. Probably best move all round, he goes back home we get a big wage earner off the bill.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, yeadonowl said:

No problem with a free transfer. His value is next to nothing anyway 

 

Should see this for what it is, a 500k plus saving on wages

Agree. The report suggests he's way above their wage structure so expect has currently on £10k pw + (probably quite a  bit more). That's two or three L1 players wages right there.....or three to four Liam Shaws (if his wage ask reported was accurate).

 

Good move for Borner, wish him well. Had some good games and scored a few goals.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Philb125 told you he was gonna go for free! 

 

lol

 

The fact we were paying Borner so much more than 10k a week is laughable, bang average championship player on a good day.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Makes sense for both parties. Bielefeld is close to Hannover and with the pandemic he will have not been able to see his family much. For us it gets a big earner off the wage bill.

 

It does make you wonder why we go for these foreign players i.e. Boerner and Van Aken, who cost a lot of money but are they really worth it.

Are they really any better than our own young players such as Thornily who was more than adequate in that left sided centre back position and we could have developed him into a good player rather than letting him go for nothing. 

 

2586A518-5265-498D-A4B3-DC471A175631.jpeg

 

 

 

Interesting that Hannover have a self imposed wage cap of Euros 480K per player, that's about £413K or £8K a week for a Bundesliga2 club.

 

I feel that's the what we need to do in the EFL. Seeing as the PFA won't accept an official wage cap, the only way is for the clubs to apply one themselves unofficially.

 

Either all clubs in each division to agree not to pay wages above a ceiling or clubs just unilaterally impose one by saying a certain figure is the maximum we are going to pay a player.

 

It's the only way to get out of the financial mess that we and many other clubs are in, by not having a age bill that far surpasses income. Otherwise clubs will go bust.

 

 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

Makes sense for both parties. Bielefeld is close to Hannover and with the pandemic he will have not been able to see his family much. For us it gets a big earner off the wage bill.

 

It does make you wonder why we go for these foreign players i.e. Boerner and Van Aken, who cost a lot of money but are they really worth it.

Are they really any better than our own young players such as Thornily who was more than adequate in that left sided centre back position and we could have developed him into a good player rather than letting him go for nothing. 

 

2586A518-5265-498D-A4B3-DC471A175631.jpeg

 

 

 

Interesting that Hannover have a self imposed wage cap of Euros 480K per player, that's about £413K or £8K a week for a Bundesliga2 club.

 

I feel that's the what we need to do in the EFL. Seeing as the PFA won't accept an official wage cap, the only way is for the clubs to apply one themselves unofficially.

 

Either all clubs in each division to agree not to pay wages above a ceiling or clubs just unilaterally impose one by saying a certain figure is the maximum we are going to pay a player.

 

It's the only way to get out of the financial mess that we and many other clubs are in, by not having a age bill that far surpasses income. Otherwise clubs will go bust.

 

 

 

Wednesday could have self-imposed a cap at any time they wanted.  Judging by the language used, many of 96's rivals probably don't have such a cap.   

 

Why do we need the EFL to do for us something that's already within our powers?  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

Makes sense for both parties. Bielefeld is close to Hannover and with the pandemic he will have not been able to see his family much. For us it gets a big earner off the wage bill.

 

It does make you wonder why we go for these foreign players i.e. Boerner and Van Aken, who cost a lot of money but are they really worth it.

Are they really any better than our own young players such as Thornily who was more than adequate in that left sided centre back position and we could have developed him into a good player rather than letting him go for nothing. 

 

2586A518-5265-498D-A4B3-DC471A175631.jpeg

 

 

 

Interesting that Hannover have a self imposed wage cap of Euros 480K per player, that's about £413K or £8K a week for a Bundesliga2 club.

 

I feel that's the what we need to do in the EFL. Seeing as the PFA won't accept an official wage cap, the only way is for the clubs to apply one themselves unofficially.

 

Either all clubs in each division to agree not to pay wages above a ceiling or clubs just unilaterally impose one by saying a certain figure is the maximum we are going to pay a player.

 

It's the only way to get out of the financial mess that we and many other clubs are in, by not having a age bill that far surpasses income. Otherwise clubs will go bust.

 

 


When I first read that I thought it meant out salary cap was going to be 480k per year and then I remembered the reported wages Bannan is on 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Manwë said:

 

Wednesday could have self-imposed a cap at any time they wanted.  Judging by the language used, many of 96's rivals probably don't have such a cap.   

 

Why do we need the EFL to do for us something that's already within our powers?  

 

That's what I mean. We don't need the PFA to sanction one,  just impose one ourselves by saying £8K p.w. is the maximum we will pay a player in League 1.

 

If some prospective incoming players turn that down it will have to be see ya we'll move on to someone else. That's the way it will have to be.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:


When I first read that I thought it meant out salary cap was going to be 480k per year and then I remembered the reported wages Bannan is on 

 

I think that £27K a week mentioned on here or was it Biggs it came from is total nonsense.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

Makes sense for both parties. Bielefeld is close to Hannover and with the pandemic he will have not been able to see his family much. For us it gets a big earner off the wage bill.

 

It does make you wonder why we go for these foreign players i.e. Boerner and Van Aken, who cost a lot of money but are they really worth it.

Are they really any better than our own young players such as Thornily who was more than adequate in that left sided centre back position and we could have developed him into a good player rather than letting him go for nothing. 

 

2586A518-5265-498D-A4B3-DC471A175631.jpeg

 

 

 

Interesting that Hannover have a self imposed wage cap of Euros 480K per player, that's about £413K or £8K a week for a Bundesliga2 club.

 

I feel that's the what we need to do in the EFL. Seeing as the PFA won't accept an official wage cap, the only way is for the clubs to apply one themselves unofficially.

 

Either all clubs in each division to agree not to pay wages above a ceiling or clubs just unilaterally impose one by saying a certain figure is the maximum we are going to pay a player.

 

It's the only way to get out of the financial mess that we and many other clubs are in, by not having a age bill that far surpasses income. Otherwise clubs will go bust.

 

 

Agreed. EFL clubs should vote to bring in a wages bill cap. Whilst they're at it divorce themselves completely from the PL whose only interest is self interest. Divorce themselves from Sky and negotiate TV deals with the BBC and ITV. Get back to a sustainable financial model and forget chasing the PL dream and feeding off the crumbs that the PL clubs flick off their table which in their arrogance probably feel is magnanimous.

Our current predicament has just brought things, that have been simmering  for a long time for me, to a head. If things don't change I'll happily be looking to get a Sheffield FC season ticket or follow another local non league team.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...