Julian Borner on his way to Hannover 96?

2 minutes ago, 0742 said:

U

Yeah you're not quite getting it are you, it seems you like to keep banging the drum, saying other fans don't get it. But you think we can magically get loads of money for players, which is something we haven't done since Chansiri arrived (and before) and build a balanced squad which is again something we've not been very good at!

Come on mate, let's at least be a bit realistic here! This is is not how our club does things 

:Chansiri:

So the way to rectify the mistakes is give up/keep making the same mistakes. 

No wonder our glorious leader got away with it for so long! Fans like ours, it’s almost like we deserve it! 

2 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

So the way to rectify the mistakes is give up/keep making the same mistakes. 

No wonder our glorious leader got away with it for so long! Fans like ours, it’s almost like we deserve it! 

You actually think it's possible that we will sell Borner and with the money and freed up wages, be able to bring in 4/5 players, that's some pretty stupid shît right there.  

WTF:

26 minutes ago, 0742 said:

You actually think it's possible that we will sell Borner and with the money and freed up wages, be able to bring in 4/5 players, that's some pretty stupid shît right there.  

WTF:

I’d take one replacement in a position like LB or ST. As we don’t have any of them and we have 4/5 CB’s. But what do I know? Maybe we can field all the CB’s in one team. Should have kept Pulis.

• Like 1

Guest wilyfox
1 minute ago, RichSheffWeds said:

You don’t know he can walk for free in 2 weeks. 

Could be one of them. You don’t know he isn’t. I’m sure Hannover would want him to if he can.

5 hours ago, Owl Be Back said:

Cutting cloth is about being sustainable and operational/viable. Selling just to pay outstanding salaries (if this is what this is and based on the fact salaries are still not paid it's very likely) is something far worse; that's a business that has no cash-flow and effectively isn't viable and is basically just delaying the inevitable. There could be another option, its a short term thing, waiting for daddy to give little Ch*nsiri his spending money to go play football with; so the sale is just to keep the wolves from the door until the money comes through. Whatever way we look at it, this is a mess of the Clown Prince's own making but something we're all suffering through.

I agree that cutting cloth is about sustainability and viability. 

Players should have been sold years ago to balance the books. Even Chansiri must know that now. 

If short term viability means selling Borner, Bannan and Windass, then having a lower wages budget then so be it. 

The only way to long term viability is to bite the bullet and that’s going to mean short term pain. 

• Love 1

10 hours ago, striker said:

Wouldn't surprise me. Suspect a free transfer to save wages. CB is the only position where we have options.

options? dunkley who is always injured ,iorfa who has a very serious injury and rare that players are the same after them , and probably fittest of them all hutchinson so not exactly 

7 hours ago, nbupperthongowl said:

One other... that will be Hutchinson then

Need to sign two midfielders then.

Can't rely on Luongo being fit, Hunt unproven, Bannan might not be here, god good hopes for Dele-Bishiru

Guest Smackavolley

from 90min.de

Hannover 96 is about to bag the third transfer for the coming season. After Sebastian Ernst (Greuther Fürth) and Sebastian Stolze (Jahn Regensburg), Julian Börner will soon sign a three-year contract with Lower Saxony. The Bild-Zeitung reports that the central defender agrees with the 96ers on a change and should complete the medical check in the coming days. Interesting: Although Börner still has a contract with the English second division club Sheffield Wednesday until 2022, he - just like Ernst and Stolze - will not cost a transfer.

On 02/06/2021 at 18:35, morganowl said:

options? dunkley who is always injured ,iorfa who has a very serious injury and rare that players are the same after them , and probably fittest of them all hutchinson so not exactly 

But with Hutch and Iorfa, then Dunkley and Brennan we have 4 CB's there. Yes there not the fittest 4 but we have 4. We need a new squad, were talking north of 15 players, when we have that much work to do we can say that CB is the least of our worries.

7 minutes ago, Smackavolley said:

from 90min.de

Hannover 96 is about to bag the third transfer for the coming season. After Sebastian Ernst (Greuther Fürth) and Sebastian Stolze (Jahn Regensburg), Julian Börner will soon sign a three-year contract with Lower Saxony. The Bild-Zeitung reports that the central defender agrees with the 96ers on a change and should complete the medical check in the coming days. Interesting: Although Börner still has a contract with the English second division club Sheffield Wednesday until 2022, he - just like Ernst and Stolze - will not cost a transfer.

So were letting him go for nothing to get him off the wage bill.

We have been relegated, he will be on decent wages. This isnt a bad move considering he isnt worth much money and plays in an area (center back) where we actually have options.

I personally didn’t expect him to leave as I couldn’t see anyone paying a fee and I also couldn’t see DC letting him leave for nothing 1 year early. 

So I’m quite surprised. I didn’t expect a decent fee for a player who is 30 and probably on a decent wage that exceeds that of a L1 club.

But going off DC’s past policy, this goes against the way he’s done things in the past. Suggest we are in trouble.