Julian Borner on his way to Hannover 96?

4 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Chansiri has to find the money. Simple as that.

If he can't, then he may as well just pack it in now. End of day, it will be Borner out to pay March, Bannan for April, Windass for May, etc etc. Where would that stop?

With also no money to sign new players.

We have 2 options. Either keep everyone we have now and try and stay up next season, or sell who we can, recoup whatever wages that is, mot have any cash left to sign anyone else, and go bust (or worse, down to L2). If Chansiri doesn't find some cash that is.

It is what it is. We have no money but we have an obligation to pay players, if that means we have to sell players to do that then so be it.
Option 1 of your 2 options is the quicker way to us going bust by the way given that you are saying we should essentially keep a championship team wage bill whilst in L1.

• Love 1

12 minutes ago, Owl Be Back said:

That's why I stated viable, yes. If we can't/don't recruit at least 10 players (never mind letting the current crop go) I'm not sure we do.

We start by paying the players. We pay them on time and what they are owed. Even if we have to sell a player a month to do it. 

• Like 1

If selling Borner is about cutting our cloth then that’s exactly what we should be doing. 

We needed Chansiri to do it 3-4 years ago but if we need the cash to help balance the books/wage bill then so be it. 

Pretty funny people moaning about him doing exactly what he should have done previously which would have meant we would still be in championship. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, 83owl said:

We start by paying the players. We pay them on time and what they are owed. Even if we have to sell a player a month to do it. 

Assuming we have to sell to pay outstanding salaries then I agree. If we're selling players just to do that then we're as good as bust because we'll be left with no players and no money. Appreciate the other option, keeping players and still not paying them, is worse (again, assuming we need to sell players to pay outstanding salaries). Both lead to the same end without other revenue streams. If this is the case then I genuinely think we'll not start the season and we'll get a points deduction or even kicked out of the league.

4 hours ago, 0742 said:

I know a bit about Hannover 96 and their owner is as tight as they come in terms of buying low and selling high. So we'll probably be letting him go for very little if not a freebie. 

FM21? Wait til you try and get him to invest in the youth team!

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, RichSheffWeds said:

If selling Borner is about cutting our cloth then that’s exactly what we should be doing.

Cutting cloth is about being sustainable and operational/viable. Selling just to pay outstanding salaries (if this is what this is and based on the fact salaries are still not paid it's very likely) is something far worse; that's a business that has no cash-flow and effectively isn't viable and is basically just delaying the inevitable. There could be another option, its a short term thing, waiting for daddy to give little Ch*nsiri his spending money to go play football with; so the sale is just to keep the wolves from the door until the money comes through. Whatever way we look at it, this is a mess of the Clown Prince's own making but something we're all suffering through.

Guest wilyfox
18 minutes ago, RichSheffWeds said:

We needed Chansiri to do it 3-4 years ago but if we need the cash to help balance the books/wage bill then so be it. 

Pretty funny people moaning about him doing exactly what he should have done previously which would have meant we would still be in championship. 

How do you sell a player who can walk for free in 2 weeks?

16 minutes ago, Owl Be Back said:

Assuming we have to sell to pay outstanding salaries then I agree. If we're selling players just to do that then we're as good as bust because we'll be left with no players and no money. Appreciate the other option, keeping players and still not paying them, is worse (again, assuming we need to sell players to pay outstanding salaries). Both lead to the same end without other revenue streams. If this is the case then I genuinely think we'll not start the season and we'll get a points deduction or even kicked out of the league.

Wouldn’t surprise me to see us start the season with a mixture of kids and the odd first team player that nobody else is interested in but we have managed to pay. 

4 minutes ago, 83owl said:

Wouldn’t surprise me to see us start the season with a mixture of kids and the odd first team player that nobody else is interested in but we have managed to pay. 

I’d actually prefer that, to us stockpiling players on championship salaries whilst losing millions every month. At least you can build from that position. 

23 minutes ago, 83owl said:

At the moment I'd see that as a win!

5 hours ago, 0742 said:

I know a bit about Hannover 96 and their owner is as tight as they come in terms of buying low and selling high. So we'll probably be letting him go for very little if not a freebie. 

My grandparents lived near Hannover so they are a team I follow. Did alright in the Bundesliga but have been in a steady decline recently since being relegated.

5 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

large-16-9.jpg

Julian Börner is a candidate to reinforce the central defense of Hannover 96. The left-footed player, who is strong in the ball, is not available free of charge despite the relegation of Sheffield Wednesday to the third English division. He was not planned to replace Timo Hübers, but Josip Elez.

Oh no.... No.... NO!  That's it.  I can't do this anymore.  This is the final straw.  WHEN WILL THE SUFFERING END?!?!

U

3 hours ago, Philb125 said:

In that case we just keep 4 cbs and play some sort of new formation or do we shed some of the costs and try to sign players where we actually need them? 

I’m genuinely confused as to where some of our fans think our priority should be. 

- Form a squad that is balanced with players in each position

- Keep hold of the 10 or so that we have as no one else will sign

I don’t imagine we can do both. But I may be wrong, maybe we can afford to have 4/5 championship cbs on the books and go out and sign a new LB, ST, CM etc. 

Yeah you're not quite getting it are you, it seems you like to keep banging the drum, saying other fans don't get it. But you think we can magically get loads of money for players, which is something we haven't done since Chansiri arrived (and before) and build a balanced squad which is again something we've not been very good at!

Come on mate, let's at least be a bit realistic here! This is is not how our club does things 

:Chansiri: