Julian Borner on his way to Hannover 96?

Guest gizowl
1 minute ago, 0742 said:

Yeah i think you are day dreaming that we'll sell players and magically others will come and sign for us. We can't pay our current crop. The vultures are circling and we have no funds to replace.

Absolutely spot on unfortunately Some on here still don't realise how dire our financial state is

3 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

It's fair to say that our fans have been saying similar about all our players

Yet all of them will find clubs

Easily

And they'll probably flourish and thrive

As things come out into the open, i believe many on here including myself will apologise to these players for putting up with crap, i'm sure we haven't even heard about.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, 0742 said:

Yeah i think you are day dreaming that we'll sell players and magically others will come and sign for us. We can't pay our current crop. The vultures are circling and we have no funds to replace.

In that case we just keep 4 cbs and play some sort of new formation or do we shed some of the costs and try to sign players where we actually need them? 

I’m genuinely confused as to where some of our fans think our priority should be. 

- Form a squad that is balanced with players in each position

- Keep hold of the 10 or so that we have as no one else will sign

I don’t imagine we can do both. But I may be wrong, maybe we can afford to have 4/5 championship cbs on the books and go out and sign a new LB, ST, CM etc. 

3 minutes ago, quinnssweetshop said:

As things come out into the open, i believe many on here including myself will apologise to these players for putting up with crap, i'm sure we haven't even heard about.

100%

Nothing comes out of our club at present so we get 1% of what’s happening 

I imagine there are going to be some mad mad stories soon

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Owlstalk Shop

18 minutes ago, gizowl said:

We've currently got a transfer embargo, accounts late again ,players not paid in full for 3 months couldn't persuade Shaw to stay, a 19 year old from Southampton won't accept our terms so for now keep hold of what we have got left, I don't think Borner will be on that much. 

£8k-£12k I would say. That’s a fortune for  a L1 CB.

• Love 1

I think a lot of people will be shocked when we get rid of contracted players and don't replace them.

Gone are the days of potentially selling Forestieri to Fulham for 15m... why we didn't accept that I don't know.... letting Borner go for free won't do much for squad rebuilding, only saves us say 520k over the year in wages if he's on 10k a week, and that will go straight away on March's wages.

• Like 1

Borner could have easily handed his notice in this week and walk away for nothing by the middle of June 

The situation we find ourselves in then I don’t think we are in any position to stand in any players way if they wish to leave

1 minute ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

I think a lot of people will be shocked when we get rid of contracted players and don't replace them.

Gone are the days of potentially selling Forestieri to Fulham for 15m... why we didn't accept that I don't know.... letting Borner go for free won't do much for squad rebuilding, only saves us say 520k over the year in wages if he's on 10k a week, and that will go straight away on March's wages.

I won’t be shocked if we don’t replace Borner if he leaves. That still leaves us with Iorfa, Dunkley, Brennan, Hutchinson, Palmer who can fill 2 spaces. 

500k is a huge saving. Huge!! Arguably without weakening the starting 11. 

In our current reality if a player is earning 10k and an offer comes in we must surely consider it. If that 10k allows you to bring in a left back and a striker then it’s a yes for me all day long! 

7 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

How else do you propose we pay March wages then?

• Love 1

3 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

large-16-9.jpg

Julian Börner is a candidate to reinforce the central defense of Hannover 96. The left-footed player, who is strong in the ball, is not available free of charge despite the relegation of Sheffield Wednesday to the third English division. He was not planned to replace Timo Hübers, but Josip Elez.

Surely every player is for sale if the price is right?.

• Love 1

It's fine to get rid of excess players in positions but there's more than a little concern that we will actually bring in any other, or enough, players.

1st priority is: Having a group of 11 players that can play senior games

2nd priority is: Having a group of players to fill the subs bench

If we can't recruit, or we can't recruit enough to let current players go, then these need to be made up of what we already have.

28 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

Weird isn’t it, we have 4 contacted CBs on championship salaries. One coming through youth set up, another has been offered a contract. Yet our fanbase want to keep them all, and it’s the chairman that doesn’t learn?? 

Any championship player we have on championship wages we should seriously consider and more than likely accept offers for. We are a L1 club, we have no need for championship players and can’t afford to pay championship wages. 

• Love 1

1 minute ago, 83owl said:

Any championship player we have on championship wages we should seriously consider and more than likely accept offers for. We are a L1 club, we have no need for championship players and can’t afford to pay championship wages. 

Ah, but your mistaken! Our glorious leader intends on keeping the family together. He certainly won’t let players leave just to keep the club in business, and of course he can pay championship wages whilst charging championship prices!  After all that’s what a good chunk of this fanbase seem to want?? 

7 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

I won’t be shocked if we don’t replace Borner if he leaves. That still leaves us with Iorfa, Dunkley, Brennan, Hutchinson, Palmer who can fill 2 spaces. 

500k is a huge saving. Huge!! Arguably without weakening the starting 11. 

In our current reality if a player is earning 10k and an offer comes in we must surely consider it. If that 10k allows you to bring in a left back and a striker then it’s a yes for me all day long! 

You don't seem to understand. In put current situation, any savings will go on the backlog of previous months wages. We won't get the 520k ish either in one lump sum, its a saving but is generally useless cos we don't really see it.

Money saved won't go on bringing new players in unless Chansiri finds a way to get extra money.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, 83owl said:

Absolutely agree. On the assumption that we can field viable alternative players - ie, we have enough players on our books come the start of the season.

8 minutes ago, 83owl said:

How else do you propose we pay March wages then?

Chansiri has to find the money. Simple as that.

If he can't, then he may as well just pack it in now. End of day, it will be Borner out to pay March, Bannan for April, Windass for May, etc etc. Where would that stop?

With also no money to sign new players.

We have 2 options. Either keep everyone we have now and try and stay up next season, or sell who we can, recoup whatever wages that is, mot have any cash left to sign anyone else, and go bust (or worse, down to L2). If Chansiri doesn't find some cash that is.

• Like 1

Just now, Birley Owl 1867 said:

You don't seem to understand. In put current situation, any savings will go on the backlog of previous months wages. We won't get the 520k ish either in one lump sum, its a saving but is generally useless cos we don't really see it.

Money saved won't go on bringing new players in unless Chansiri finds a way to get extra money.

I mean you’re not making much sense here. Your argument seems to be, the only way out of not having enough money to run a business is to keep spending on everything that got you into trouble, even if you don’t need it. 

4 minutes ago, Owl Be Back said:

Absolutely agree. On the assumption that we can field viable alternative players - ie, we have enough players on our books come the start of the season.

We just need a squad that’s good enough to survive in L1 for now. If we can’t do that we may as well give up.

• Like 1

Just now, 83owl said:

We just need a squad that’s good enough to survive in L1 for now. If we can’t do that we may as well give up.

That's why I stated viable, yes. If we can't/don't recruit at least 10 players (never mind letting the current crop go) I'm not sure we do.

2 hours ago, gizowl said:

The money for Borner wouldn't touch the sides of the debt we currently have with unpaid wages, season ticket refunds etc. If we bring a replacement in on a free you can bet it will be a step backwards. He's the only natural left sided centre back we have. We've got to try and keep most of our contracted players to have any chance of putting out a decent side in league one. Luongo because of his injury issues and Dunkley would be the two we could let go.

I’d guess that Börner is one of our highest remaining earners - it’s not about paying debts, it’s about controlling cost

• Love 1