Julian Borner on his way to Hannover 96?

1 hour ago, 0742 said:

I know a bit about Hannover 96 and their owner is as tight as they come in terms of buying low and selling high. So we'll probably be letting him go for very little if not a freebie. 

They’ll get him for nowt if Chansiri can’t find a way of paying him pretty damn quick.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

Isn’t that the thing though. That given the clubs circumstances carrying players that are likely paid twice the league average salary is not helpful? 

That's not the point.

If SWFC can get any money at all for Borner (assuming he doesn't just walk out for free due to breach of contract) then they are not in a position to refuse.

The point is that you are being extremely unrealistic regarding who the club could bring in as a replacement.

The club's goals at present are:

a) remain trading 

b) try not to fall any further down the football pyramid

I liked Borner, when he came he played with a smile on his face and a spring in his step like he was thoroughly enjoying every moment and loved it here. Last season he looked like he had the worries of the world on his shoulders and half a ton of lead strapped to his body.

We did that to him. He was a half decent centreback when he came, he probably will be at his next club. What is it at this club that does that to people?

• Like 1

Guest gizowl
46 minutes ago, 83owl said:

I see it’s started already. Moaning about DC not selling/releasing players at the right time has lasted all of 1 week and now it’s flip flopped at the thought of losing crap like cement hips Borner and people saying we can’t lose any contracted players.

Unbelievable 

Try being realistic, nobody is saying he's Beckenbauer but we're in league 1,on the verge of bankruptcy and what we'll get for him won't pay the tea ladies wages for a year. The chance to sell Lees for 7m or Nando for 9m are long gone. Paying 10m for Rhodes and 4m for Abdi is where the damage was done and selling Borner ain't going to recoup that clever toohat. 

Get rid if we can bring in a replacement otherwise try and keep.

Iorfa, Dunkley, Brennan plus another.

Having said that if Iorfa goes we suddenly look weak at center back.

Dunkley is poor, but might be alright in league one alongside Iorfa.

• Love 1

1 minute ago, Holmowl said:

No I know it’s dire isn’t it?

Absolutely.

Apprehension and blind faith is all I've got at the moment.

IF we can keep the bit of quality we have and add astutely around that

.... I don't know.. it's all so uncertain.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, jonnyowl said:

Get rid if we can bring in a replacement otherwise try and keep.

Iorfa, Dunkley, Brennan plus another.

Having said that if Iorfa goes we suddenly look weak at center back.

Dunkley is poor, but might be alright in league one alongside Iorfa.

One other... that will be Hutchinson then

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, gizowl said:

Try being realistic, nobody is saying he's Beckenbauer but we're in league 1,on the verge of bankruptcy and what we'll get for him won't pay the tea ladies wages for a year. The chance to sell Lees for 7m or Nando for 9m are long gone. Paying 10m for Rhodes and 4m for Abdi is where the damage was done and selling Borner ain't going to recoup that clever toohat. 

So as you say we are in L1 and on the verge of bankruptcy yet you don’t think it’s a good idea to potentially offload players who are earning championship wages just because they won’t bring in £5m+?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Guest gizowl
18 minutes ago, 83owl said:

So as you say we are in L1 and on the verge of bankruptcy yet you don’t think it’s a good idea to potentially offload players who are earning championship wages just because they won’t bring in £5m+?

We've currently got a transfer embargo, accounts late again ,players not paid in full for 3 months couldn't persuade Shaw to stay, a 19 year old from Southampton won't accept our terms so for now keep hold of what we have got left, I don't think Borner will be on that much. 

1 hour ago, prowl said:

I liked Borner, when he came he played with a smile on his face and a spring in his step like he was thoroughly enjoying every moment and loved it here. Last season he looked like he had the worries of the world on his shoulders and half a ton of lead strapped to his body.

We did that to him. He was a half decent centreback when he came, he probably will be at his next club. What is it at this club that does that to people?

Playing under six different bosses in a season all with different ways of doing things might have something to do with it.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, 83owl said:

Weird isn’t it, we have 4 contacted CBs on championship salaries. One coming through youth set up, another has been offered a contract. Yet our fanbase want to keep them all, and it’s the chairman that doesn’t learn?? 

• Like 1

Guest gizowl
4 minutes ago, striker said:

Sentiment aside, he won't be first choice CB and we can't carry championship level wages for reserve players. 

Not about sentiment, Dunkley will miss more than he plays Iorfa unknown if he'll fully recover, Hutch injury record not great plus Borner is the only one we have that naturally plays left. 

1 minute ago, FreshOwl said:

Think we might need to keep him tbh. 

Selling anyone now would be suicide unless for huge money 

We’ve barely got a team and people would be ok with this? 

So hypothetically, you’ve got a choice, keep 4-5 CBs on championship salaries or, get rid of two and sign 4-5 players in positions where you have no senior pro’s in. LB, DCM, ST etc? Do you keep the CBs or do you strengthen else where? 

Guest gizowl
Just now, Philb125 said:

So hypothetically, you’ve got a choice, keep 4-5 CBs on championship salaries or, get rid of two and sign 4-5 players in positions where you have no senior pro’s in. LB, DCM, ST etc? Do you keep the CBs or do you strengthen else where?  

None of our centre backs are without injury issues not one of them will get anywhere near 40 games if we hadn't got embargoes and some cash I would bin the lot off including iorfa providing he ever gets fit. 

6 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

I’d firstly look at those with good resale value, such as Iorfa. He’s been injured but talent doesn’t disappear and he would still demand a decent fee. We can use that money to recruit in those areas 

Borner has little resale value, is 30 years old and I guarantee we won’t bring in anyone better. He’s never been a problem for me 

Edited by FreshOwl

4 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

Yeah i think you are day dreaming that we'll sell players and magically others will come and sign for us. We can't pay our current crop. The vultures are circling and we have no funds to replace.

• Like 1