Julian Borner on his way to Hannover 96?

Just now, Gob_Bluth said:

Mate, Reece Burke is a ridiculous suggestion, you might as well have gone the whole hog and said we could have replaced Borner with John Stones

Is Stones out of contract and has he been earning one third of what Borner earns? Burke was at the top of a free agent CB list, I'm sure he will be going to a champ club but it highlights what is available if, and it's a fairly HUGE if, we have funds to go after the best free agents at this level. 

Like I say, if we don't ship out a few big earners that are only 'çan do a job players' then in my opinion it prolongs the shower of shybo we find ourselves in.  

• Like 1

Just now, Philb125 said:

Is Stones out of contract and has he been earning one third of what Borner earns? Burke was at the top of a free agent CB list, I'm sure he will be going to a champ club but it highlights what is available if, and it's a fairly HUGE if, we have funds to go after the best free agents at this level. 

Like I say, if we don't ship out a few big earners that are only 'çan do a job players' then in my opinion it prolongs the shower of shybo we find ourselves in.  

I said Stones because he's as unattainable as Burke is for us. He might be a free agent, but he's not available to us. It's a moot point

Burke was your suggestion for someone better we could get to replace Borner, but it's just a pipe dream, we're not shopping in that market.

I think people are going to be seriously disappointed with our signings this summer

5 minutes ago, Gob_Bluth said:

I said Stones because he's as unattainable as Burke is for us. He might be a free agent, but he's not available to us. It's a moot point

Burke was your suggestion for someone better we could get to replace Borner, but it's just a pipe dream, we're not shopping in that market.

I think people are going to be seriously disappointed with our signings this summer

If that’s the case let’s just go bankrupt paying players that ‘can do a job’. 

Cool. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Philb125 said:

Cool. 

You're saying this like I'm in charge of buying players

You know this isn't the case, right?

• Like 1

Just now, Gob_Bluth said:

You're saying this like I'm in charge of buying players

You know this isn't the case, right?

I’m sorry when you told me who we could and couldn’t attempt to sign I naturally thought you had some sway at the club. 

My mistake. 

21 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Not a fan of Borner eh?

I'm sure you're going to be delighted with his replacement

Paxo is no doubt on the case as we speak

Get ready...

May have been a bit harsh but he was signed on championship wages and we are a L1 club.
We have all been fawning over Brentford the last week and saying we need to change how we operate and yet the first sniff of someone leaving and the same lines of “how will we replace with better” get thrown out straight away. 

It’s ridiculous.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, Philb125 said:

I’m sorry when you told me who we could and couldn’t attempt to sign I naturally thought you had some sway at the club. 

My mistake. 

Tantrum much, did you stamp your feet when you wrote that? 🤣

There's nothing wrong being realistic about who we're going to sign or not sign isn't a negative.

Be unrealistic about it all you like, there's only one of us setting themselves up for disappointment if you think we're going to be signing players like Burke 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

Cool. 

If we manage to bring in half a dozen players that 'can do a job', it will be a miracle, given the club's circumstances.

5 minutes ago, 83owl said:

May have been a bit harsh but he was signed on championship wages and we are a L1 club.
We have all been fawning over Brentford the last week and saying we need to change how we operate and yet the first sniff of someone leaving and the same lines of “how will we replace with better” get thrown out straight away. 

It’s ridiculous.

I agree with you

Fans should never say 'careful what you wish for' whether it's a chairman or player that needs to leave

We should be ambitious and realise that the only way to improve is to change

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

4 minutes ago, Gob_Bluth said:

Tantrum much, did you stamp your feet when you wrote that? 🤣

There's nothing wrong being realistic about who we're going to sign or not sign isn't a negative.

Be unrealistic about it all you like, there's only one of us setting themselves up for disappointment if you think we're going to be signing players like Burke 

Sure thing! I get it, you don’t have a clue and it’s just your opinion not fact. I understand now. Sorry I mistook your certainty for truth.

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

I agree with you

Fans should never say 'careful what you wish for' whether it's a chairman or player that needs to leave

We should be ambitious and realise that the only way to improve is to change

Exactly.

Although admittedly changing the odd player isn’t going to change much. The entire club and structure needs to change.

• Love 1

3 minutes ago, owlinexile said:

If we manage to bring in half a dozen players that 'can do a job', it will be a miracle, given the club's circumstances.

Isn’t that the thing though. That given the clubs circumstances carrying players that are likely paid twice the league average salary is not helpful? 

17 minutes ago, Gob_Bluth said:

100%.

They are going to make Reach, Harris, Rhodes and Lees (and possibly Borner) look like footballing gods.

• Love 1

2 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

Isn’t that the thing though. That given the clubs circumstances carrying players that are likely paid twice the league average salary is not helpful? 

But you think Reece Burke is going to want less in wages than Borner.....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gob_Bluth said:

Do you know how much he gets paid?

I wouldn't have said he was one of the high earners so do we really know that is the case?

I remember when he signed, he did say it was a good deal financially for him, he wanted a new challenge, but wasnt planning on ending his career here. 

With this in mind he'll be on a better wage than 3rd tier players, so makes sense to get rid if we're trimming the wage bill. I do wonder if the reason for his lack of form was down to being homesick or not settling fully here,becouse he looked really good those first few months then seemed to drop off the cliff. 

4 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

100%.

They are going to make Reach, Harris, Rhodes and Lees (and possibly Borner) look like footballing gods.

It would take Stephen Hawking to make Harris look like a footballing god.

• Haha 1