Julian Borner on his way to Hannover 96?

Guest Hornsby
13 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

Equity injections count too. 

But not sale if shares to fans.

Way to go, like Rangers, Man U etc

13 minutes ago, Hornsby said:

But not sale if shares to fans.

Way to go, like Rangers, Man U etc

Aren't all equity injections covered? He could try and sell newly issued shares to fans but I can't see he ever would. I think fans would be reluctant though given the mess we are in. Selling his existing shares to someone else doesn't count. It's about new money coming into the club rather than his pockets. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

Aren't all equity injections covered? He could try and sell newly issued shares to fans but I can't see he ever would. I think fans would be reluctant though given the mess we are in. Selling his existing shares to someone else doesn't count. It's about new money coming into the club rather than his pockets. 

Why would anyone buy a share in a company that is worth nothing?  As you said, no fan would do it.  The money would not be invested in anything that improves the value of the company. It will just prop up cashflow for a very short time, and be used to pay off debts to players/ other creditors.  You might as well just send a cheque to the club for no shares.

• Like 2

Guest Hornsby
4 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

Yep, new shares like these clubs.

I d buy like before, with 10 per cent off all tickets , merchandise etc for 10 years.

And also to hold him to account. Legally.

42 minutes ago, flo said:

Apparently if players not paid properly for 2 months they can leave for free. According to a different thread.

This could be the first example of that happening. 

Good point.

1 hour ago, yeadonowl said:

They tried and the PFA got it overturned in court as being unlawful

Clubs have to be disciplined and stick to a structured affordable wage budget

Yes I've seen that now. Brilliant. Whilst simplistically you are 100% right with regards to discipline I personally believe that the only ultimate salvation would be a more cooperative approach. The PFA will no doubt adopt a 'not our fault guv' stance when more and more of their members find themselves unemployed as clubs fold.

12 minutes ago, modboy said:

maybe hes taken a pay cut to be near family.

He will have earnt a good wedge in his few years here, family first etc

If he ever got paid that is.

Good player first season, Monk then threw him under the bus like he did so many others and never really regained confidence until DM, arrival played well last 10 games and scored a few vital goals that gave us a chance of staying up.

For me a lot better than Dunkley the crock and with a left sided, left footed centre back, gave us balance in a back 3. Would have been a great captain of given the arm band this season instead of Bannan.

7 minutes ago, room0035 said:

If he ever got paid that is.

Good player first season, Monk then threw him under the bus like he did so many others and never really regained confidence until DM, arrival played well last 10 games and scored a few vital goals that gave us a chance of staying up.

For me a lot better than Dunkley the crock and with a left sided, left footed centre back, gave us balance in a back 3. Would have been a great captain of given the arm band this season instead of Bannan.

'Monk threw him under a bus'.

A bizarre comment, Borner was injured not dropped and was frankly not the same player after that injury.

• Love 2

Guest Hornsby
Just now, wednesdaywizard said:

Ooh which rumours?  and Mr or Mrs?

On here , this morning.

Weekend on here said 2 players resigned, but not named.

Let's hope these.

Not Baz or Josh, if dosh now found.

Latest from The Genting Club:-
Borner transfer to Hanover 96 been agreed since Xmas.
His agent one of those threatening to go to the PFA over money owed......
Wednesday agreed to waive transfer fee agreed with Hanover in lieu of back payments owed to Borner...
Hanover pay Borner a signing on fee because he’s now on a free transfer, equivalent to the money owed to him by Wednesday...... win win win for all involved...... a bit of joined up thinking at last! 👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼

• Thanks 3

2 hours ago, swfc1983 said:

Wouldn’t surprise me if they’ve paid his outstanding wages as the transfer fee.

Or he handed in his notice and will be a free agent, hence no fee. 

On 02/06/2021 at 08:38, @owlstalk said:

It's fair to say that our fans have been saying similar about all our players

Yet all of them will find clubs

Easily

And they'll probably flourish and thrive

All? not Championship Clubs, Fox & Fletcher did ok,but Stoke fans might not think so,if they blow out on FFP like us,having failed to get promotion...

TL not fixed up yet? KW?...Dave and SH went to Cyprus....lets 'wait out' on that one mate,my guess is Players leaving us,may well have to drop a Division(and wages!!) to get there football.

Reach,though i dont know why,being the exception...and maybe Uroghide.

Patterson & Windass would/should easily get Championship gigs,but as yet,not leaving? Ditto BB?...but again,depends on wage demands,i was amazed to read reports of BB signing a 27K a week contract,in the middle of a Covid 19 crisis...

NO wonder he signed,& thank **** the other 2 didnt...

9 minutes ago, Gob_Bluth said:

Like chopping your hand off because you had a hangnail on your thumb

Its a massive win,he wont be here next Year,.....though ime sure it wont be long b4 we get 'be careful what you wish for' post...as has already been stated wasnt half the player once he came back from injury...

We need new,younger,fresher,players that are not easily injured and hungry for success.

Not those on allegedly fat contracts...who have been part of a team that has delivered only failure

• Like 2