Julian Borner on his way to Hannover 96?

large-16-9.jpg

Julian Börner is a candidate to reinforce the central defense of Hannover 96. The left-footed player, who is strong in the ball, is not available free of charge despite the relegation of Sheffield Wednesday to the third English division. He was not planned to replace Timo Hübers, but Josip Elez.

• Like 3

Owlstalk Shop

I like Borner and would be happy to see him stay.

But if there's interest and we can accrue a little bit of cash for him then it makes sense to let him go. 

CH isn't one of the positions I'm overly worried about if we're looking to trim expensive players 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

It's fair to say that our fans have been saying similar about all our players

Yet all of them will find clubs

Easily

And they'll probably flourish and thrive

They'll probably get paid as well.

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, OneManBand said:

They'll probably get paid as well.

Always a bonus that when you do a job eh! 
Imagine that just going to a new job where you actually get paid properly for the job you do is a basic right
It'll be so much relief to them

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

25 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

is not available free of charge despite the relegation of Sheffield Wednesday to the third English division

They should just wait a few weeks until he walks out, save themselves some cash

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, Spookone said:

I live a few houses away from JB and I have noticed his cars were absent almost immediately after the final match of the season (he could have gone on holiday I suppose).

Probably drove home, with all the flight issues.

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Spookone said:

I live a few houses away from JB and I have noticed his cars were absent almost immediately after the final match of the season (he could have gone on holiday I suppose).

Saves the usual, I'll drive him there myself....smart these Germans.. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

Losing players that we think could do a job to fund 2-3 players that also could do a job is fine by me. We cannot afford to keep paying the wages we have for so long on players that 'çould do a job'. I like Borner, but reality is for what we pay him we can comfortably go and replace him with 2 free's at this level and have change. 

• Like 2

I know a bit about Hannover 96 and their owner is as tight as they come in terms of buying low and selling high. So we'll probably be letting him go for very little if not a freebie. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

like Borner, but reality is for what we pay him we can comfortably go and replace him with 2 free's at this level and have change. 

Do you know how much he gets paid?

I wouldn't have said he was one of the high earners so do we really know that is the case?

2 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

If true, it will be interesting to see whether they make an approach for him or wait it out and  pick him up for nothing if he's able to walk away due to his contract not being honoured.

ooooooh just realised - if the players DID walk away from the club they'd not be tied into a non-disclosure agreement so could easily tell us what's been going on

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Owlstalk Shop