Sheffield Wednesday linked with new goalkeeper

Guest wilyfox

Goalkeeper is the one position I would prefer we’d sign someone more experienced this summer, given that we already have young keepers. But if this lad signs and does the business…no complaints from me - unless we can’t pay him. 

3 hours ago, Johnny Concrete said:

It's a shame we are in such a mess financially because I would have suggested we should have gone in for Jordan Archer, ex Millwall keeper who got released by Boro. Think throwing in a young teenage lad between the sticks is very risky business in my opinion.

I rate Wildsmith ahead of Archer even. 

• Like 1

Am I the only one who thinks we haver two good keepers by League 1 standards?

I actually think that with confidnece Wildsmith would be pretty good.

It's funny that folk still refer to Dawson and Wildsmith as young though, they have been around for ages and are both 25.

4 hours ago, millomowl said:

Seriously hope this lad has a second job or a good ebay account.

Might need it if he signs for us.

He might be selling stuff on Amazon in his spare time. An easy way to Risk free passive wealth I keep getting told by many adverts across social media.

4 hours ago, Johnny Concrete said:

It's a shame we are in such a mess financially because I would have suggested we should have gone in for Jordan Archer, ex Millwall keeper who got released by Boro. Think throwing in a young teenage lad between the sticks is very risky business in my opinion.

If you’re good enough you’re old enough. Look at Leeds’ keeper, he still only 21 and he’s been their No.1 for a few seasons now. And he’s built like a 13 year old. 

Just now, LetsMoveOn said:

If you’re good enough you’re old enough. Look at Leeds’ keeper, he still only 21 and he’s been their No.1 for a few seasons now. And he’s built like a 13 year old. 

Fair point 

However he is also protected by a good quality of defenders. 

What I'm saying is, if we are going into this season and it's on a back 4 filled with fellow young academy lads ( assuming the likes of Iofra and Borner leave in the summer) who don't have much experience then the chances are we could be shipping alot of goals and that could be damaging for a young goalkeeper trying to work his way up. I'm a firm believer in having an experienced goalkeeper who could help guide the young lads around his defence.