Carlo Ancelotti

23 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

Halved his wages going to Madrid. Everton must have been paying him something stupid 

Yep and to finish 10th. He didn't really do anything there

Everton are increasingly living off their past reputation. One cup final in 20 years, consistently finishing outside of the top 6 and only been in Europe twice since 2010.

I would give them the benefit of the doubt considering the gulf between the big six and the rest of the league but clubs like them have to take their chances when any of the big six have a relatively poor season. This year at least four of them were below standards and Everton could only achieve 10th. Won't get a better chance.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Putney said:

Everton are increasingly living off their past reputation. One cup final in 20 years, consistently finishing outside of the top 6 and only been in Europe twice since 2010.

I would give them the benefit of the doubt considering the gulf between the big six and the rest of the league but clubs like them have to take their chances when any of the big six have a relatively poor season. This year at least four of them were below standards and Everton could only achieve 10th. Won't get a better chance.

Yep. The only accolade they have left is that they’ve never been relegated from the premier league. But it must be so boring being a fan.

Every season it’s the same 7-10th finish with not much else going on 

16 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

Yep. The only accolade they have left is that they’ve never been relegated from the premier league. But it must be so boring being a fan.

Every season it’s the same 7-10th finish with not much else going on 

They call it the 'Everton Cup' don't they? The battle for 7th place.

The way they set off this season top four looked likely, but they have done even worse, despite the big signings of James, Alan and Doucure (sp) .

It's just a crippling inconsistency that has affected them for years. 

Must be quite frustrating being an Everton fan. 

I think Nuno would be a good fit for Everton but apparently been in talks with Palace for a few days. Plus I'm guessing one of the reasons he left Wolves was that he didn't want to live in Wolverhampton with his family. The pull of London is the likely reason for him going to Palace.

The next Everton appointment is a huge one for the club. Five permanent managers in five years. No advancement in league position. An extremely wealthy owner. New stadium on the horizon. They need to get it right soon as the clubs of a similar size have progressed and they haven't.