What's The Club Actually Worth Right Now?

14 hours ago, Costello 77 said:

For clarity.

If you spend £5000 putting a new engine in your car and write it off is it devalued by that amount over scrap value?

Its not a car though mate,its a means to an end..what end? well B*** end in the case of one !! but  if football Chairmanship of a Former 'sleeping giant' is your thing, than SWFC would be a sought after Club,or if you had a desire to be a PL Chairman...and so on...

Many on here are thinking with their own values,not the values of the super rich...like anything though the time to buy is when stock is 'low' (now) ..I believe the Club will go for around the price the Chairman paid for it,with substantial add ons further down the line for any promotions...etc

Imagine someone buying a business that they know was going to cost millions a year to keep afloat and the only realistic chance of getting any return on your investment is to achieve 2 promotions and reach the premiership 

We are in deep do do ,I know that is stating the bleeding obvious but unless Mr C can keep funding us we could cease to exist in our present format quite soon 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, vulva said:

I’d argue it’s the best time ever to take the club over. If the price is right of course. 

Yes, but it's a long term gamble. Anyone smart and wealthy to buy and bankroll us, would probably think better off investing in property etc.

Unless you are a fan or have a connection to the city, there must be other more attractive clubs around?

Seems to me only option is some kind of local consortium or DC suddenly finds 100m and an experienced CEO and says to him get on with it and see you in 5 years time.

2 hours ago, Mcguigan said:

The golden share is worth about £8.5m in the Championship. Then it allows entry into the EFL competitions and a chance to increase income, so yes..I’d say it’s a significant asset.

Only maybe not as significant as you drop down the leagues.

and per my post - not currently based on the relationship between our owners and the EFL.

• Like 1

Guest Hornsby
16 hours ago, Costello 77 said:

Do you know anything about how the world works or have you picked it up by playing Sim city?

By your logic Chansiri would have to pay someone £68 million to get out of it without debt.

Do you understand commerce or accounting in any way that is relatable to reality?

He will certainly have to write off that debt to sell club and return stadium.

Then he may get £30 million, like Alonso offered and value on Transfer market.com.

Administration will be before, probably September £7 million loan repayment.