What's The Club Actually Worth Right Now?

We only 1 sponsor so Chansiri is sponsor all

If all sponsor diffrent then money still arrive

Problem is sponsor if we all on sponsor then all o. k

Sponsor seem to be all Chansiri and not sponsor like Telecom or Bet so we struggle.

If sponsor was other money then we would make summer o. k with money.

If one man run from money then problem

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

We all want chansiri to sell up and sod off, and we know he lives in cuckoo land with his valuations of the club, but as we stand, with everything what has happened, what is the club actually worth? 

My personal view is the club is worthless. We don't own the stadium, we have no saleable assets on the pitch, we have front loaded our profits with stupid multi year season tickets, Chansiri has destroyed the corporate income, and priced out POTD supporters. 

Our only real asset is the training ground, and our football league share. 

Club won't sell unless ground is a package deal. 

Makes no sense for potential buyer.

The "package" is worth what a willing buyer is prepared to pay not a penny more or less.

• Like 2

Realistically whatever someone is prepared to pay for it. 

It's very broke and certainly wouldn't pass an MOT right now that's for sure.

We don't have much in the way of assets and we arnt generating any revenue. With large liability to service.

Not much if I'm honest.

• Like 3

If all the remaining players walk out and leave, that’s practically the remaining tangible assets of the company wiped out (apart from the stock in the shop and stuff like that). Not sure what the Football league share is worth.

Which leaves the goodwill of the name/brand “Sheffield Wednesday” remaining, and Chansiri has done his level best to ensure that is now at a perilously low level.

By any sane business person’s calculation, our value is therefore not very much really. And therein lies the problem. 

Edited by Pablo Bonvin
  • Like 1

Debt free, with Hillsborough it's worth £25m-£30m.

Debt free (excl rent), without Hillsborough, it's worth about £3m max.

Add any debt, just subtract from the value above.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Pablo Bonvin said:

If all the remaining players walk out and leave, that’s practically the remaining tangible assets of the company wiped out (apart from the stock in the shop and stuff like that). Not sure what the Football league share is worth.

Which leaves the goodwill of the name/brand “Sheffield Wednesday” remaining, and Chansiri has done his level best to ensure that is now at a perilously low level.

By any sane business person’s calculation, our value is therefore not very much really. And therein lies the problem. 

If you reboot it though. Could be great if you do it in a sustainable way, with the fans buying into it.

That's the challenge.

Guest LondonOwl313

Most larger championship clubs seem to go for about £30m or so. Think Ipswich in League 1 went for £20m.. not sure on Sunderland.

So I’d say £20m. But then whoever comes in is going to have to pay off loans against the ground, outstanding wage bill and taxes, season ticket refunds. 

Nobody is going to pay £20m and then pay to resolve all that lot. So I’d say we’re worth about £5m for Chansiri with the rest going on getting things on an even keel

7 minutes ago, hasthagotanycheese said:

Its worth what somebody is prepared to pay for it.

However a very rough estimate is probably between 15-25 million. With Luongo, Windass & Iorfa 6-8 of that and they might walk for nothing given whats going on with the wages.

I can’t see us getting anything like 6-8 mill for Luongo, Windass and Iorfa.

Once it becomes general knowledge that we’re cash strapped, other clubs will be able to offer lower amounts which we may have no choice but to accept

Guest LondonOwl313
1 minute ago, Kew Owl said:

I can’t see us getting anything like 6-8 mill for Luongo, Windass and Iorfa.

Once it becomes general knowledge that we’re cash strapped, other clubs will be able to offer lower amounts which we may have no choice but to accept

Luongo is a crock and might even struggle to release on a free with someone else picking up his wages.

Windass probably about a million. Iorfa has been out ages too, probably 500k to 1 million

Worth nothing, no assets of note including the playing squad given the contract situation. We've tried before and not been able to sell the training ground. The stadium has technically been sold (but not paid for) so not owned by the club, irrespective is very neglected and worth nowt without a football club to play at it. 

As for the Sheffield Wednesday name, the brand is severely tarnished too, consistently dragged through the mud due to Chansiri antics, too long outside the EPL to be remembered fondly and now in the L1 wilderness. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, LondonOwl313 said:

Most larger championship clubs seem to go for about £30m or so. Think Ipswich in League 1 went for £20m.. not sure on Sunderland.

So I’d say £20m. But then whoever comes in is going to have to pay off loans against the ground, outstanding wage bill and taxes, season ticket refunds. 

Nobody is going to pay £20m and then pay to resolve all that lot. So I’d say we’re worth about £5m for Chansiri with the rest going on getting things on an even keel

Ipswich was sold for £40m according to the guardian article

id imagine a similar price for us would be fair, providing the ground was rolled into the deal

• Like 1