Trust Statement

The idiot gambled everything he had on promotion in the first two seasons chasing the golden ticket for the pot of gold in the prem. He failed, now has no money, can't pay the bills and we are screwed. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Hornsby said:

Club confirmed TUF took us over, with their logo next to old Owl.

Any sane businessman would write off UK  tax  losses anywhere, and they can in Thailand under 1981 treaty.

Heads Chansiri  wins, fans lose.

No refunds, D Taxis or Elev 8 though.

If SWFC were part of the TUG it would disclosed in their accounts. It isn’t.
If SWFC  were part of the TUG then the clubs taxable losses would be offset against their other UK businesses profit. It isn’t.

The UK Thailand tax treaty seems to primarily be a double taxation relief treaty so that companies/individuals don’t have to pay tax in both jurisdictions on the same income. So out  of interest, which of the 28 Articles allows corporate losses in one jurisdictions to be offset against corporate/individual profits in another? 

Guest Hornsby
1 minute ago, kobayashi said:

If SWFC were part of the TUG it would disclosed in their accounts. It isn’t.
If SWFC  were part of the TUG then the clubs taxable losses would be offset against their other UK businesses profit. It isn’t.

The UK Thailand tax treaty seems to primarily be a double taxation relief treaty so that companies/individuals don’t have to pay tax in both jurisdictions on the same income. So out  of interest, which of the 28 Articles allows corporate losses in one jurisdictions to be offset against corporate/individual profits in another? 

It wouldn't , not material.

No idea, ask Lee Stafford who detailed Thai tax trick on here somewhere.

Club confirmed TUF bought us from Milan M.

Just now, Hornsby said:

It wouldn't , not material.

No idea, ask Lee Stafford who detailed Thai tax trick on here somewhere.

Club confirmed TUF bought us from Milan M.

It absolutely is material...there is a full disclosure of all investments down to a few hundred pounds.But otherwise you are correct, you have no idea...

• Haha 1

Guest Hornsby
1 minute ago, kobayashi said:

It absolutely is material...there is a full disclosure of all investments down to a few hundred pounds.But otherwise you are correct, you have no idea...

Copy please

Sheffield Wednesday were wallowing in the third tier of English football and Reading sinking into the fourth when two childhood friends bought a small tuna cannery south-east of Bangkok.

Kraisorn Chansiri and Cheng Niruttinanon were so close they called themselves brothers, as they still do after building the business they opened in 1977 in the port of Samut Sakhon into a global seafood giant worth billions.

Thai Union Frozen (TUF) is the world's largest producer of canned tuna — it owns John West among many others — and sons of its two founders can be found running the Championship clubs which met on Wednesday night at Hillsborough.

Dejphon Chansiri, son of Kraisorn, bought Wednesday for £37.5million in January and Narin Niruttinanon has owned 50 per cent of Reading since a £26m takeover last year that saved the club from crippling debts.

The Football League is aware of the tangled connections. They have sought and received assurances that the two clubs are being run independently, with separate boards and corporate structures.The same questions will be asked again by the Premier League if Reading or Sheffield Wednesday or both clubs achieve their aims of promotion.

Football's authorities are less concerned by close friendships and more by their financial supply lines and TUF's possible control and influence inside two clubs competing in the same competition.

Narin is, among other things, the deputy general of Thai Union Manufacturing Company, a subsidiary of TUF. He also owns shares in TUF, and his father Cheng remains the company's executive chairman.

Dejphon holds no official position inside Thai Union, but there are obvious links to the company and his name has appeared on documents as a 'connected person'. His father Kraisorn is the company's chairman and elder brother Thiraphong runs the company, as the president and chief executive.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3203892/Two-Thai-brothers-fortunes-fish-sons-hooked-Sheffield-Wednesday-Reading.html

Owlstalk Shop

Chansiri when he took over “I believe this club has huge potential and I can assure all our supporters that I will be working extremely hard to bring the success that I already sense from my short time in your city our supporters so desperately crave.

“My son Att, who was a mascot at the recent Blackpool game, is passionate about football and I know will be my inspiration in this project.

“I have made the same promise to him as I do our supporters. He will not let me forget this until we are back in the Premier League.”
The takeover brought an end to Mandaric’s four-year reign as owner of the cash-strapped club, which recorded a 3.7-million-pound (Bt182.5 million) loss in the 2012-13 season.
The outgoing Serbian believes he has left the club in “safe” hands.

“I’m very happy and proud of what I have done for Sheffield Wednesday,” Mandaric told BBC Radio Sheffield. “I promised that when I left I would have secured their financial future, and I can look the fans in the eye and say that I have done that.

“They [Dejphon’s team] have a big desire to go to the Premier League and they want to put money into the club. They’re not here to stay in the Championship.
“I didn’t sell the club for the money or because I have to leave, I sold it because these people are more aggressive financially and they will do the job.”

Thai Union Frozen Products (TUF) spokeswoman tried to distance the company from Sheffield’s takeover, saying the acquisition was Dejphon’s personal investment.

Dejphon is a younger brother of Thiraphong Chansiri, president and chief executive of the group, but he is not involved with its management and his stake in the public-listed company is less than 5 per cent.

“Khun Thiraphong has said TUF would not invest in businesses that are unrelated to the group’s businesses,” the spokeswoman said. 

Owlstalk Shop

10 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Screenshot 2021-06-04 at 16.11.14.jpg

Screenshot 2021-06-04 at 16.12.19.jpg

Screenshot 2021-06-04 at 16.11.45.jpg

But Neil, how much of this is just due to lazy journalism... people copying and pasting off each other?

I made a long, rambling OP many years ago (that was bumped a few months ago) about how the media have consistently failed to actually determine the source of DC's wealth in this disaster project. Far too many copy paste articles about how he's a "successful businessman" without offering any substance to it.

I don't trust a lot of journalists and their lack of ability to research and critically report. I, like you, remember scores of stories in the run-up to the takeover that said unequivocally that DC was head or a "Thai consortium". That was mysteriously dropped the second he signed on the dotted line. Was that due to repeated copy and pasting from incompetent copy-pasting, or is it due to something more nefarious?

Again, the media have consistently failed to critically research and address this.

• Love 1

8 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

But Neil, how much of this is just due to lazy journalism... people copying and pasting off each other?

I made a long, rambling OP many years ago (that was bumped a few months ago) about how the media have consistently failed to actually determine the source of DC's wealth in this disaster project. Far too many copy paste articles about how he's a "successful businessman" without offering any substance to it.

I don't trust a lot of journalists and their lack of ability to research and critically report. I, like you, remember scores of stories in the run-up to the takeover that said unequivocally that DC was head or a "Thai consortium". That was mysteriously dropped the second he signed on the dotted line. Was that due to repeated copy and pasting from incompetent copy-pasting, or is it due to something more nefarious?

Again, the media have consistently failed to critically research and address this.

But Hornsby said .............................:ph34r:

• Haha 2

Guest timrud
18 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

how much of this is just due to lazy journalism... people copying and pasting off each other?

It is well documented how poor the journalism has been around our club for many years.

33 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Possibly all of it

lol

The one direct quote from anyone representing TUF in all of the articles that you have shown indicates that TUF distanced themselves from any involvement from the outset. 

Everything else is pure speculation with no more than the Chansiri family name as the link. The opening press conference did include TUF on the boards in the conference but that's hardly confirmation of any actual involvement or investment in the running of the football club, just a bit of free advertising for their brand in the UK.

Guest Hornsby

The source for journalists was a media release to Press Association from Owls, saying TUF took us over.

Copied on here about a month ago.

2 minutes ago, Hornsby said:

The source for journalists was a media release to Press Association from Owls, saying TUF took us over.

Copied on here about a month ago.

Yeah, the reliability of some of the clubs media releases can be called into question sometimes......

https://www.swfc.co.uk/news/2014/july/club-statement/

“I have been kept fully informed by Mr Mammadov’s advisors during the process and Friday’s meeting was very constructive. I continue to believe that he will be a wonderful custodian for this great club and I am very excited at his plans for the future.”

:duntmatter:

2 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Yeah, the reliability of some of the clubs media releases can be called into question sometimes......

https://www.swfc.co.uk/news/2014/july/club-statement/

“I have been kept fully informed by Mr Mammadov’s advisors during the process and Friday’s meeting was very constructive. I continue to believe that he will be a wonderful custodian for this great club and I am very excited at his plans for the future.”

:duntmatter:

Screenshot 2021-06-04 at 17.23.16.jpg

This one's even better

lol

Owlstalk Shop