Trust Statement

10 hours ago, SWFC Trust said:

Thank you. 

For a) I think you are quite right. We put our views in through the Football Supporters Association. The government review thing may ask for more details. 

c) we have some informal links - not the sort of thing I can put on social media though (sorry)

d) yes, I think we're doing that. I don't think we can claim all the credit - but it's interesting that the local press are now pushing very similar ideas to what we have said for the last 14 months. 

Given the nature of Chansiri, maybe an approach to some national media personnel/ sports journalists would give it a higher profile including reaching the Thai media

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Minesapint said:

Given the nature of Chansiri, maybe an approach to some national media personnel/ sports journalists would give it a higher profile including reaching the Thai media

Don't think Thai media give two hoots about swfc.  Also given "nature" of chansiri and his comments in the past about the UK press don't think going to the media is going to lead to any type of positive engagement personally.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Minesapint said:

I'm not sure about Thai media, but Trust material has already featured in the Athletic and the Daily Mail. There may well be more over the summer.

Guest Grandad
11 minutes ago, Spuddy01 said:

I got banned from that group the other day for slating Chansiri. 🤣

The dictator that runs that group bans anyone and everyone who disagrees with him. 

Isn't his name 'Dictato' or something like that?

4 hours ago, StudentOwl said:

How many shares does DC have?

He has about a 1% holding which given the company market capitalisation is £1.9bn is worth something less than £20m. That is a tidy sum in anyone’s book but nowhere near enough to fund his SWFC caper.

Edited by kobayashi
  • Thanks 1

Guest Hornsby
10 hours ago, kobayashi said:

He has about a 1% holding which given the company market capitalisation is £1.9bn is worth something less than £20m. That is a tidy sum in anyone’s book but nowhere near enough to fund his SWFC caper.

Which seems to confirm what club originally announced and Lee Stafford said maybe case 

TUF took us over.

Wish our net income was up 77 per cent.

No financial reason for them not to fund us fully, unless it is a Thai tax trick as posters outlined.

Wonder if another Wigan type Admin where you can't fathom logic.

14 hours ago, wellbeaten-the-owl said:

Don't think Thai media give two hoots about swfc.  Also given "nature" of chansiri and his comments in the past about the UK press don't think going to the media is going to lead to any type of positive engagement personally.

My point about the Thai media is what it would do to the reputation of DC and his family which might get a reaction 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Minesapint said:

My point about the Thai media is what it would do to the reputation of DC and his family which might get a reaction 

Would be a good point if the Thai media game a damn about what's going on at a 3rd tier football club thousands of miles away during a Pandemic where their country has been hit very hard financially.

Guest Therealrealist
1 minute ago, wellbeaten-the-owl said:

Would be a good point if the Thai media game a damn about what's going on at a 3rd tier football club thousands of miles away during a Pandemic where their country has been hit very hard financially.

Exactamondo..why would they care? There’s be millions of Thai nationals who own businesses around the world..some of which may be basket cases..hardly goin to be headlines in the Bangkok Post every time one goes tiits up

Guest Grandad
19 hours ago, Grandad said:

Isn't his name 'Dictato' or something like that?

Just realised this was my 10,000th Owlstalk post.

I'd like to thank my family, the moderators, Dejphon Chansiri, Geoff Sheard, Joey Pelepussy, and anybody who knows me.

But especially Neil. Thanks for giving me a reason to get up every day pal. Winding people up on the internet is the job I was born for.

5 minutes ago, Grandad said:

Just realised this was my 10,000th Owlstalk post.

I'd like to thank my family, the moderators, Dejphon Chansiri, Geoff Sheard, Joey Pelepussy, and anybody who knows me.

But especially Neil. Thanks for giving me a reason to get up every day pal. Winding people up on the internet is the job I was born for.

Great effort mate.

1 minute ago, Adamjack said:

he will drag time on until he knows its virtually impossible for him to dig his way out of it. watch...his childish ways is gonna make it an whole lot worse. 

This is my feeling too,  he is probably happy to pretend to show fans we are trying to sign players - knowing the bids and wages we are offering won’t achieve anything and we’ll end up just playing our youngsters this season, like Bolton and Pompey had to and got relegated to league 2.  Then he will say next summer, “we will do everything we can to get back to league 1...”. rinse and repeat - until the club is finally shut down and put out of its misery.  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Hornsby said:

Which seems to confirm what club originally announced and Lee Stafford said maybe case 

TUF took us over.

Wish our net income was up 77 per cent.

No financial reason for them not to fund us fully, unless it is a Thai tax trick as posters outlined.

Wonder if another Wigan type Admin where you can't fathom logic.

Ffs...We know that TUF/TUG have not taken over SWFC so there is no financial or legal basis for them to fund a business they don’t own. And there is no “Thai tax trick”.

28 minutes ago, kobayashi said:

Ffs...We know that TUF/TUG have not taken over SWFC so there is no financial or legal basis for them to fund a business they don’t own. And there is no “Thai tax trick”.

You won’t get through to them, they have a problem with TUG.

Wait for Greenpeace to be put into it. 

• Like 1

Guest Hornsby
16 hours ago, kobayashi said:

Club confirmed TUF took us over, with their logo next to old Owl.

Any sane businessman would write off UK  tax  losses anywhere, and they can in Thailand under 1981 treaty.

Heads Chansiri  wins, fans lose.

No refunds, D Taxis or Elev 8 though.

17 hours ago, kobayashi said:

100% this. 

Its plain simple, he came i , spent his money, made a complete hash of it, now he is skint. Now digging himself a bigger hole.

Thats it

• Like 3