1 hour ago, TheEnchanter said:

Would it be more achieveable to mobilise people to protest at the forst home friendly (if we have one when the schedule come out?). There would be reason and cause to be at the ground. It would send out a message. 

How powerful a message would an empty stadium be?  people with ST but choosing not to attend the 1st match?  ...Chairman might not be in the Country,or in the ground,but such a thing would be media driven,and would attract the national media too....

Would be a major embarrassment....and the Club would have to respond...

20 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Is that including Hillsborough?

NO....he will hang onto that 100%...anotgher company owns it anyway...people will buy into the Club for its potential to achieve initially Championship football,and therefor (potentially)access to the PL gravy boat....new buyer may well go for a brand new ground,if Rotherham can move from Millmoor,why not us?

Blackpool have done it,...and can now if they are managed properly by their owners,can do exactly that....

Edited by parajack

15 minutes ago, parajack said:

Its worth the 30 plus million he last turned down,not so long ago.....thats probably about the Clubs current worth,,not zero...

I was just trying to work out what we might be worth. Obviously we are worth what someone will pay for us, but if we were genuinely subject to a £30million or so offer a few months ago, given that we are now one league lower (so £7million a year worse off) we must still have a value of somewhere in the £25million mark (assuming the stadium is included and the mortgage secured on it is paid off). 
If DC could be persuaded to sell (maybe with some incentives for extra payments if we get promotions) then we surely there must be a reasonable number of buyers at that level? Even with the ongoing running costs of the club?

1 minute ago, CircleSeven said:

I was just trying to work out what we might be worth. Obviously we are worth what someone will pay for us, but if we were genuinely subject to a £30million or so offer a few months ago, given that we are now one league lower (so £7million a year worse off) we must still have a value of somewhere in the £25million mark (assuming the stadium is included and the mortgage secured on it is paid off). 
If DC could be persuaded to sell (maybe with some incentives for extra payments if we get promotions) then we surely there must be a reasonable number of buyers at that level? Even with the ongoing running costs of the club?

Stadium is worth more than 30 Million i would have thought,subject to planning permission,its not owned by Chansiri anyway is it? but another Company?...I cant see it being included

2 minutes ago, parajack said:

NO....he will hang onto that 100%...anotgher company owns it anyway...people will buy into the Club for its potential to achieve initially Championship football,and therefor (potentially)access to the PL gravy boat....new buyer may well go for a brand new ground,if Rotherham can move from Millmoor,why not us?

Blackpool have done it,...and can now if they are managed properly by their owners,can do exactly that....

£30m for a League One club which doesn't own its stadium, owes yearly rent, and potentially has no playing squad worthy of the name should recent reports be true? Seems a bit steep.

I don't think Chansiri would even consider selling for that price, either.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, parajack said:

Stadium is worth more than 30 Million i would have thought,subject to planning permission,its not owned by Chansiri anyway is it? but another Company?...I cant see it being included

I though Chansiri owned S3 that owned the stadium?

I know there is a contract between the club and S3 to rent the stadium so I guess if it wasn’t included in the purchase there is a guarantee of somewhere to play and a fixed cost for doing so. 
I’m not convinced the stadium is worth £30million thought. Land prices across Sheffiled have risen a lot but if your going to build on it just taking the stadium down would cost you a fortune and take ages so it would suppress the price quite a lot. 
What a mess....

2 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

£30m for a League One club which doesn't own its stadium, owes yearly rent, and potentially has no playing squad worthy of the name should recent reports be true? Seems a bit steep.

Not if your ambition is to reach the PL....only way to do it is to be a Football Chairman,and own a Club.SWFC are a Club only recently relegated from the Champonship,and could if properly managed have a realistic chance of returning within 3 years.

From there a tilt at the PL is possible,the 'mega rich' dont see money like we do,there are footballers mate on up to a half a million quid a week... millions just for one players wages.....Pop singers paid 1,2 million quid for couple of hours work...https://www.bbc.co.uk/music/articles/f9a8af1b-ca44-42c6-bf85-8bc835d41f9b

6 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

So if the chairman wouldn’t willingly sell it for more than it’s worth, unless the cash flow problems are resolved (which I assume they won’t be otherwise they already would have been) then we must end up in Administration? At that point the Administrators try to find the best buyer for us anyway? I think. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Frank_Lucas said:

Is he really that bad? 

Compared to the likes of Ken Bates, Assem Allam, Vincent Tan etc....

In the beginning Chansiri gave us the best football we'd seen in years and the high hopes of promotion from the Championship to the Prem and at the time he spent a fair bit of money in order to try achieve this we got a decent pitch upgrade and general ground improvements were being made at this point all was looking great for our club.

We could argue all day long that we shouldn't have made certain signings at the time but had we not we probably wouldn't have reached the playoffs twice? And made it to Wembley.

As we all know it's been a downward spiral ever since and Chansiri has also seen the darkside of football when things don't go as planned he will never expected for us to be heading to league one.

Now how much of what we see and hear in the media is actual FACT? 

Are we jumping the gun a little in calling for Chansiri OUT? Who is likely to want to step in and purchase the club with it's current state? And as fans what do we expect? 

Would you be happy with stability over big expenditure? 

Milan didn't have funds in order to present a big marquee signing in the summer transfer window so we had to rely on a little wheeler dealing and scouting in the lower leagues but yet he was a great businessman and the club was in great shape players paid on time for one.

Is it just the case Chansiri lacks experience in the footballing world? And has been badly advised? For me there isn't much loyalty in football it's take the money and run agents are killing the game but that's another matter.

I'm currently on the fence regarding Chansiri and think we should be careful of what we wish for.

WAWAW.

I preferred Dave Allen to this joker

Reaches for tin hat and doesn’t give a fukk whatever anyone else thinks

Edited by owlsdreamer
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, owlsdreamer said:

I preferred Dave Allen to this joker

Reaches for tin hat and doesn’t give a fukk whatever anyone else thinks

I've said for the last few years that I would personally go and pick Dave Allen up and drive him back to Hillsborough if it meant we got rid of the current chairman

• Like 2

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, Frank_Lucas said:

After a good night's sleep and a few sweet dreams I woke up having fell of the fence I've since been to the shed and got my pitch fork burn him at the stake we need our club back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Frank you mad man

lol

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Frank you mad man

lol

You've seen my film? In the beginning a man is tied to a chair and is set a light that's just an insight to my capabilities. 

Edited by Frank_Lucas
  • Haha 3

55 minutes ago, parajack said:

would we still owe 30 years worth of rent tho ?

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, CircleSeven said:

So if the chairman wouldn’t willingly sell it for more than it’s worth, unless the cash flow problems are resolved (which I assume they won’t be otherwise they already would have been) then we must end up in Administration? At that point the Administrators try to find the best buyer for us anyway? I think. 

Only person we owe money to(players wages aside) is the Chairman...why would he make a decision to lose even more money??

he would sell up before than,so for me the q is what can the fans do to help make that happen?

59 minutes ago, CircleSeven said:

Not far away from cost of buying derby and look at issues they are having getting a credible buyer! 

My take on it is that Chansiri is asset rich but cash poor, lots of his assets will have taken a hit to their value and he'd be loathed to sell them at the lower value.

Simple analogy but say you own a portfolio of property and gain your income from rent.  Now say combined value of property is £50m.

Pandemic hits and your tenants can't pay, you still have substantial assets but no cash, the market value falls and your property could only be sold for 70% of its previous value.

You are still well off but best option is to ride out the bad market period until cashflow picks up and asset value increases. Not sell in depressed market.  But that period is going to be rough.

4 minutes ago, wellbeaten-the-owl said:

Not far away from cost of buying derby and look at issues they are having getting a credible buyer! 

My take on it is that Chansiri is asset rich but cash poor, lots of his assets will have taken a hit to their value and he'd be loathed to sell them at the lower value.

Simple analogy but say you own a portfolio of property and gain your income from rent.  Now say combined value of property is £50m.

Pandemic hits and your tenants can't pay, you still have substantial assets but no cash, the market value falls and your property could only be sold for 70% of its previous value.

You are still well off but best option is to ride out the bad market period until cashflow picks up and asset value increases. Not sell in depressed market.  But that period is going to be rough.

Havent Derby got something like £60m of debts due within 1 year or 2? Which is whats car crashed their takeover bids. Something like that anyway

1 hour ago, parajack said:

It was valued at £22m for years and years before it was sold for £60m.

Chansiri bought SWFC and the Stadium for £34m.  SWFC at the time were ninth in the Championship.  There's simply no way that Milan would have sold Wednesday (Incl Hillsborough) for less than it's really worth.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Manwë said:

Chansiri bought SWFC and the Stadium for £34m.  SWFC at the time were ninth in the Championship.  There's simply no way that Milan would have sold Wednesday (Incl Hillsborough) for less than it's really worth.

But got to remember he bought a loss making business for £34m. Bit like when you hear of businesses being bought for a £1 they are taking on debt and funding loss making company there on that doesn't mean their assets are not bigger than £1

11 minutes ago, Manwë said:

Totally agree mate,but that was what 6 ,7 years ago? and again it depends on how much someone wants to be a Football Chairman and owner....the sort of money we are talking abut is mega,but to a very rich Russian or  oil rich Arab? small change?