I think DC has made a Catastrophic mess.

The problem is, how does he go?

Who is going to buy the club in this state?

The problem with threads like this is everyone shouts for change but no one has any idea how it could happen.

Any ideas?

6 minutes ago, Revenant said:

maybe he's decided we need to reduce the wage bill still further

You can’t reduce a bill by simply not paying it! At best all you do is manage cash flow. The only way you can ever avoid paying a bill that is due (wether that is wages or anything else) is by going into administration or going bankrupt! 

As for the selling issue. No one is selling or buying yet because the window isn’t open. But if we want to have a chance of selling anyone you definitely can’t do it if you have breached their contract!

Using the re laying of the pitch as evidence that more money is inbound it is a huge stretch. The pitch might have been paid last year for all we know. Most clubs didn’t re lay the pitch because of time constraints, so maybe the contractors had money on account. Or even more likely maybe they just won’t be paid for doing it!

We are in big big trouble! Think back to Jan. We needed literally one player (a striker) to give us a good chance of staying up. We didn’t even get anyone on loan. If we had any money at all we would have spent it then. The alarm bells were ringing load and clear then. Now we are listening to sirens...

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Rev Owl said:

I think DC has made a Catastrophic mess.

The problem is, how does he go?

Who is going to buy the club in this state?

The problem with threads like this is everyone shouts for change but no one has any idea how it could happen.

Any ideas?

Simply not accurate mate TBH,there are multiple posts over time with people detailing what would/should change IE appoint DOF and so on,let the manger do the 'recruitment' stop giving out 5 year contracts,stop letting players leave on a 'free' and the biggest one(and most popular probably)  SELL UP

Chansiri reign is like having a player that has a great debut than is utter useless from that point you can’t live off a little success 

Despite him throwing a lot of cash at it and the initial impact was fantastic what as followed has been nothing short of a disaster 

he didn’t manage the expenditure in the right way over spending increasing revenue in the wrong areas when he could have turned the playing squad over and generated sales buy not doing so expenditure accelerated in over paid gambles on a bloated ageing squad 

young players/ assets  leaving for free or for peanuts 

manager merry-go rounds 

points deductions 

sale of stadium 

overpriced tickets merchandise and corporate sponsorship 

relegation 

non payment of players 

banning the media 

and I can go on 

it’s been a complete joke, he must employ the right people instead of this dictatorship he’s running it’s the only way out of this if he’s to stay otherwise he must sell up and go

the fans have lost confidence in him 

the short of it is we find ourselves in a much worse position to the the one when he took over with mandaric and gray incharnge 

he’s taken us backwards at all levels on and off the pitch and that is a complete failure 

change in our approach, structure, operation and philosophy is required immediately and I don’t think chansiri can deliver that in the current set up with this so called advisors 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, striker said:

I don't understand. He'd want too much money (probably correct) to preclude a sale, but instead of accepting a reasonable bid, would want to walk away with no money instead?

But he won’t accept a reasonable bid, because he’s not thinking in a football sense.

He thinks, (I bought it for x amount)

now I’ll sell it for Y.

He must not realise it’s worth Phukall...

2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

One thing I will say is that there are many fans who think Chansiri is a horrific chairman

There are also fans of other clubs, pundits, sports writers, ex players, ex managers who are also saying the same thing

But for some reason a handful of our fans who aren't and who are still trying to tell us that everyone else is wrong

Despite all of the evidence

Bang on - and ironically the "be careful what you wish for" phrase will be applied when we go bust and cease to exist

3 hours ago, hasthagotanycheese said:

How do you feel about Pol Pot, Hitler, Stalin, General Pinochet, Harold Shipman & Charles Manson?

They had their good points, right?

They were just misunderstood?

You need to get off that fence.

Chansiri is a dangerous, deluded, narcissistic individual who presents a clear and present danger to the existence of SWFC.

Nicely Put. 

Guest gizowl
7 hours ago, Frank_Lucas said:

Is he really that bad? 

Compared to the likes of Ken Bates, Assem Allam, Vincent Tan etc....

In the beginning Chansiri gave us the best football we'd seen in years and the high hopes of promotion from the Championship to the Prem and at the time he spent a fair bit of money in order to try achieve this we got a decent pitch upgrade and general ground improvements were being made at this point all was looking great for our club.

We could argue all day long that we shouldn't have made certain signings at the time but had we not we probably wouldn't have reached the playoffs twice? And made it to Wembley.

As we all know it's been a downward spiral ever since and Chansiri has also seen the darkside of football when things don't go as planned he will never expected for us to be heading to league one.

Now how much of what we see and hear in the media is actual FACT? 

Are we jumping the gun a little in calling for Chansiri OUT? Who is likely to want to step in and purchase the club with it's current state? And as fans what do we expect? 

Would you be happy with stability over big expenditure? 

Milan didn't have funds in order to present a big marquee signing in the summer transfer window so we had to rely on a little wheeler dealing and scouting in the lower leagues but yet he was a great businessman and the club was in great shape players paid on time for one.

Is it just the case Chansiri lacks experience in the footballing world? And has been badly advised? For me there isn't much loyalty in football it's take the money and run agents are killing the game but that's another matter.

I'm currently on the fence regarding Chansiri and think we should be careful of what we wish for.

WAWAW.

Nobody is saying he's bad as a person its that he is totally incompetent at running a football club its cost him a fortune but it now seems he hasn't the funds to support us anymore, he's cut himself adrift from sponsors and supporters and now the players appear ready to walk out. He's sold the ground so we have no assets whatsoever. The best thing he can do is put us into administration because no one will pay him to take on the mess our club is in. 

54 minutes ago, Revenant said:

That's where we disagree.

You can only sell players if clubs are buying. We've had 18 months of Covid World and clubs are not flush with money. We are not even the only club who are considering putting players on furlough.

Further to the above, if he believes we have little chance of attracting transfer fees for remaining high wage earners on the books then maybe he's decided we need to reduce the wage bill still further.

As to if he has any money left over once the wage bill is reduced that's open to debate, if he doesn't we'll be hearing from Gerald Krasner shortly, and he'll be applying exactly the same policies which DC is currently.

I live in hope that once he's moved certain players on, his family will release further funds to him for SWFC. (This is blind optimism, but why is DC spending money on the pitches at the training ground and the stadium if he hasn't got6 a pot to p1ss in?)

DC et al are probably interested in seeing how Covid world pans out after the 21st of June also. Lets face it, what sane person would increase expenditure on players if the stadiums are going to remain closed through new waves and variants.

The club can't simply stop paying players what they are owed as a means to save money.

If this latest revelation proves to be true then any players that walk away from their contracts because they are not getting paid will still be able to make a claim for the club to pay them what they are owed.

The club would also be likely to face transfer sanctions and points deductions. 

Nobody will want to sign for a club that goes down this route. 

3 minutes ago, gizowl said:

Nobody is saying he's bad as a person its that he is totally incompetent at running a football club its cost him a fortune but it now seems he hasn't the funds to support us anymore, he's cut himself adrift from sponsors and supporters and now the players appear ready to walk out. He's sold the ground so we have no assets whatsoever. The best thing he can do is put us into administration because no one will pay him to take on the mess our club is in. 

I'm not sure administration is the best action, however do agree Chansiri has ostracised himself and by default the club from key stakeholders; fans, sponsors, now players, all required to support its continued existence if run as is. 

Change is needed, Chansiri's only benefit was to keep funding the club, in part to subsidise his chaotic running of the club. Without that money he's pointless, a very lonely little man with no allies or support.

1 hour ago, Revenant said:

I try to be pragmatic about Chansiri. He's put the money where his mouth his but, failed in his decision making big time, and it seems to be getting worse day by day, but... (Or maybe not, maybe we need some more players to walk)

He's put the money where his mouth is.... So until he decides its an irretrievable situation he should be given the chance to pull it round. Lets face it the last 18 months could not have been any worse for him.

The one thing I can guarantee is when DC says the club is insolvent, its going to get a whole lot worse, and for a number of years will the courts unravel everything. So in that respect I hope he does turn it round by some miracle.

He's put his money where his mouth is

That's the problem

He's sold the stadium too

Owlstalk Shop

2 hours ago, bronxowl said:

But he won’t accept a reasonable bid, because he’s not thinking in a football sense.

He thinks, (I bought it for x amount)

now I’ll sell it for Y.

He must not realise it’s worth Phukall...

Its worth the 30 plus million he last turned down,not so long ago.....thats probably about the Clubs current worth,,not zero...

3 hours ago, Revenant said:

I try to be pragmatic about Chansiri. He's put the money where his mouth his but, failed in his decision making big time, and it seems to be getting worse day by day, but... (Or maybe not, maybe we need some more players to walk)

He's put the money where his mouth is.... So until he decides its an irretrievable situation he should be given the chance to pull it round. Lets face it the last 18 months could not have been any worse for him.

The one thing I can guarantee is when DC says the club is insolvent, its going to get a whole lot worse, and for a number of years will the courts unravel everything. So in that respect I hope he does turn it round by some miracle.

DC is our only creditor.....it would make no sense whatsoever to not sell the Club,if he is in financial trouble....