Let's compare Chansiri to the likes of owners at Leicester or Abramovich at Chelsea. Owners who won't accept failure sack managers at the right time. Know they need good advisors around them and have an affinity with the supporters. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Leeds U from sheff said:

As a Leeds fan I just cannot believe how naiave some of your fans are now re chansiri 

OP makes me shake my head and laugh. 

Not a single aspect of SWFC is being  run competently.  I'd argue every single department is a shambles....scouting, players, managerial and player recruitment, contracts, finances, academy, ticket office, club shop, fan relationship, pricing, professionalism (att chansiri), FFP,.  Its all a mess. 

If you think that is something to defend.... Go for it.  

Should be up in arms trying to drive him out. 

Having said that, maybe his young son might pick you a decent manager one day. 

Unfortunately those fans are part of the problem.

Always have been going right back to Dave Allen.

They find it impossible to separate supporting an incompetent Chairman from supporting the club.

11 minutes ago, Leeds U from sheff said:

As a Leeds fan I just cannot believe how naiave some of your fans are now re chansiri 

Not a single aspect of SWFC is being  run competently.  I'd argue every single department is a shambles....scouting, players, managerial and player recruitment, contracts, finances, academy, ticket office, club shop, fan relationship, pricing, professionalism (att chansiri), FFP,.  Its all a mess. 

It's honestly  crackers mate

Not a single third party or fans from other clubs, or pundits, writers, ex players etc are defending him or any of his actions in any way but a handful of our fans are

It's bizarre

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Owlstalk Shop

6 hours ago, Frank_Lucas said:

Is he really that bad? 

Compared to the likes of Ken Bates, Assem Allam, Vincent Tan etc....

In the beginning Chansiri gave us the best football we'd seen in years and the high hopes of promotion from the Championship to the Prem and at the time he spent a fair bit of money in order to try achieve this we got a decent pitch upgrade and general ground improvements were being made at this point all was looking great for our club.

We could argue all day long that we shouldn't have made certain signings at the time but had we not we probably wouldn't have reached the playoffs twice? And made it to Wembley.

As we all know it's been a downward spiral ever since and Chansiri has also seen the darkside of football when things don't go as planned he will never expected for us to be heading to league one.

Now how much of what we see and hear in the media is actual FACT? 

Are we jumping the gun a little in calling for Chansiri OUT? Who is likely to want to step in and purchase the club with it's current state? And as fans what do we expect? 

Would you be happy with stability over big expenditure? 

Milan didn't have funds in order to present a big marquee signing in the summer transfer window so we had to rely on a little wheeler dealing and scouting in the lower leagues but yet he was a great businessman and the club was in great shape players paid on time for one.

Is it just the case Chansiri lacks experience in the footballing world? And has been badly advised? For me there isn't much loyalty in football it's take the money and run agents are killing the game but that's another matter.

I'm currently on the fence regarding Chansiri and think we should be careful of what we wish for.

WAWAW.

Vincent Tan seems a decent owner tbh. Made a massive mistake with the change of shirt colour but admitted it was a mistake and corrected it. Something that our owner never does 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, DobbinTheDonkey said:

A lot of pain for a big screen, about the only thing he got right.

With the money invested excellent foundations could have been laid.

We, after becoming established in the Championship properly now, could be a team that is always challenging for the playoffs. Able to build on the squad yer after year with a sensible approach.

However we have a house of cards.

Built on the beach.

The wind is picking up

The tide is coming in.

When he took over and uttered the words that he knows nothing about football his first expenditure should have been to bring in people that do and let them get on with it. I've said it on other threads that getting to Wembley that first season emboldened him to think he could go it alone, an utter disaster.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Is it really that bad?! What is the OP on?! Seriously... 

Players haven't been paid for 3 months and they're threatening to hand their notice in. Which part of this do you think isn't that bad? 

Chansiri has destroyed swfc. There isn't a way back from this as the man is broke. He's spent all his trustfund. How can anyone see a positive outcome in any of this?!

I'm currently on the fence regarding Chansiri and think we should be careful of what we wish for.

Hells Bells! On the fence? How! What good things can suddenly happen from here?

Even if you think DC is a solid bloke but badly advised he’s clearly run out of money. A football club with no money and no way of raising money ceases to be a football club! Simple as that. 
‘Be careful what you wish for’? What could be worse than the current situation? What is worse than endless transfer embargo’s and points deductions not paying players and increasingly likely bankruptcy etc etc. 
Normally I admire optimism but I think you might need to re examine our current plight!

I figured as much I'll expect my windows to be egged by the EBRA.

I try to be pragmatic about Chansiri. He's put the money where his mouth his but, failed in his decision making big time, and it seems to be getting worse day by day, but... (Or maybe not, maybe we need some more players to walk)

He's put the money where his mouth is.... So until he decides its an irretrievable situation he should be given the chance to pull it round. Lets face it the last 18 months could not have been any worse for him.

The one thing I can guarantee is when DC says the club is insolvent, its going to get a whole lot worse, and for a number of years will the courts unravel everything. So in that respect I hope he does turn it round by some miracle.

16 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

How the hell is that OP a 'popular post'?

:duntmatter:

I can understand d the 17 or so that are laughing at it. I assume the 10 who have given it the thumbs up are being paid the same as the op. Cos there's no way on earth anyone agrees with him. 

1 minute ago, latemodelchild said:

I can understand d the 17 or so that are laughing at it. I assume the 10 who have given it the thumbs up are being paid the same as the op. Cos there's no way on earth anyone agrees with him. 

'Well, the posters on Owlstalk clearly think I'm doing okay...'

:Chansiri:

3 minutes ago, Revenant said:

I try to be pragmatic about Chansiri. He's put the money where his mouth his but, failed in his decision making big time, and it seems to be getting worse day by day, but... (Or maybe not, maybe we need some more players to walk)

He's put the money where his mouth is.... So until he decides its an irretrievable situation he should be given the chance to pull it round. Lets face it the last 18 months could not have been any worse for him.

The one thing I can guarantee is when DC says the club is insolvent, its going to get a whole lot worse, and for a number of years will the courts unravel everything. So in that respect I hope he does turn it round by some miracle.

Genuine question- how could he ‘pull it around’?  
Wouldn’t that have to include chucking more money in? All the evidence (literally all) indicates he hasn’t got any. 
If he was going to turn the ship in this close season the first move wouldn’t have been to not pay the players! He’d have paid what was owed, sold who we needed to sell and cracked of with giving Moore the chance to rebuild. Instead we are here! He can’t possibly stay and make a success of things from here. No chance at all. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Leeds U from sheff said:

OP is either a shill or a troll.

Or possibly one of Neil's alts trying to drive 'engagement'.

7 minutes ago, CircleSeven said:

Genuine question- how could he ‘pull it around’?  
Wouldn’t that have to include chucking more money in? All the evidence (literally all) indicates he hasn’t got any. 
If he was going to turn the ship in this close season the first move wouldn’t have been to not pay the players! He’d have paid what was owed, sold who we needed to sell and cracked of with giving Moore the chance to rebuild. Instead we are here! He can’t possibly stay and make a success of things from here. No chance at all. 

That's where we disagree.

You can only sell players if clubs are buying. We've had 18 months of Covid World and clubs are not flush with money. We are not even the only club who are considering putting players on furlough.

Further to the above, if he believes we have little chance of attracting transfer fees for remaining high wage earners on the books then maybe he's decided we need to reduce the wage bill still further.

As to if he has any money left over once the wage bill is reduced that's open to debate, if he doesn't we'll be hearing from Gerald Krasner shortly, and he'll be applying exactly the same policies which DC is currently.

I live in hope that once he's moved certain players on, his family will release further funds to him for SWFC. (This is blind optimism, but why is DC spending money on the pitches at the training ground and the stadium if he hasn't got6 a pot to p1ss in?)

DC et al are probably interested in seeing how Covid world pans out after the 21st of June also. Lets face it, what sane person would increase expenditure on players if the stadiums are going to remain closed through new waves and variants.

7 hours ago, Frank_Lucas said:

Is he really that bad? 

Compared to the likes of Ken Bates, Assem Allam, Vincent Tan etc....

In the beginning Chansiri gave us the best football we'd seen in years and the high hopes of promotion from the Championship to the Prem and at the time he spent a fair bit of money in order to try achieve this we got a decent pitch upgrade and general ground improvements were being made at this point all was looking great for our club.

We could argue all day long that we shouldn't have made certain signings at the time but had we not we probably wouldn't have reached the playoffs twice? And made it to Wembley.

As we all know it's been a downward spiral ever since and Chansiri has also seen the darkside of football when things don't go as planned he will never expected for us to be heading to league one.

Now how much of what we see and hear in the media is actual FACT? 

Are we jumping the gun a little in calling for Chansiri OUT? Who is likely to want to step in and purchase the club with it's current state? And as fans what do we expect? 

Would you be happy with stability over big expenditure? 

Milan didn't have funds in order to present a big marquee signing in the summer transfer window so we had to rely on a little wheeler dealing and scouting in the lower leagues but yet he was a great businessman and the club was in great shape players paid on time for one.

Is it just the case Chansiri lacks experience in the footballing world? And has been badly advised? For me there isn't much loyalty in football it's take the money and run agents are killing the game but that's another matter.

WAWAW.

What would shift you off the fence????  where do these people come from???? Player embargo,ridiculous wages,not selling players and letting them go for free,multiple managers,appointing than sacking TP, leaving a non manager in charge too long b 4 appointing DM,points deduction,for accounts,having to sell the ground to balance the books in order to declare a small profit,paying players 'late' or allegedly reportedly not at all for periods.....

Wht hve i missed!!!...OH RELEGATION  and the loss of what? 7 million pounds of income from the EFL? per season plus the likley loss of live TV income,prob 200,000  per Year

FFS stop clapping......and until the Club is put up for sale,how do you know there are no takers?there are always takers.....................................

• Like 1